Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To all the Pel haters....

Started by Hoggy1, January 23, 2008, 01:53:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy1

what has to be done for the Pel haters to quit jumping on him after 18 games?

We have already blamed one coach for not getting it done with these players, (good boy Stan).  So if a new coach comes in and these SAME players are losing the SAME way...does that reflect on the coach or players?

Under Stan these players couldn't throw a rock in the ocean, and it's pretty much the same old story this year.  Losses to HORRIBLE teams, no effort, no emotion, a pure lack of desire to want to win. When we play on the road against UGA, everyone on the board was picking UGA, Pel haters and supporters alike. It seems to me that these players have no hope from the fans, when we expect to lose to a mediocre UGA team in a junior high gym.  I think we can all agree that the hoops situation is the same it has been the past 4 years, but Pel has only been here 18 games......

These players are not good at all.  The 4 SEC teams we have played are NIT material at best.  Yet these same players that have struggled with these same teams their whole career, are once again struggling this season.  They have no winners mentality and frankly I believe they could care less about the Razorback on their uniform and chest.  It baffles me how all of this comes back to Pelphrey....this season is NOT a surprise, anyone who could look past the fact this team was filled with "seniors" can say this season is not a surprise.  After watching this garbage for the past few years, how could we expect any different?
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

opineonswine

At the risk of sounding like PawPaw....it's just a very few.  (well, in this case it IS just a couple of doo-doo heads)

Razorback88

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on January 23, 2008, 01:53:52 pm
When we play on the road against UGA, everyone on the board was picking UGA, Pel haters and supporters alike. It seems to me that these players have no hope from the fans, when we expect to lose to a mediocre UGA team in a junior high gym. 

The fans predicting a loss is not what lost that game.  It's not our fault.  If the players aren't playing hard because we don't have much faith in them, they can't graduate soon enough.

Hoggy1

Quote from: Razorback88 on January 23, 2008, 02:15:58 pm
The fans predicting a loss is not what lost that game.  It's not our fault.  If the players aren't playing hard because we don't have much faith in them, they can't graduate soon enough.

I'm not saying it's the fans fault....I am saying the situation is pretty bad when we as Hog fans are picking a mediocre team over the Hogs.

awwyeah84

what has to be done for the Pel haters to quit jumping on him after 18 games?

We have already blamed one coach for not getting it done with these players, (good boy Stan).  So if a new coach comes in and these SAME players are losing the SAME way...does that reflect on the coach or players?

Under Stan these players couldn't throw a rock in the ocean, and it's pretty much the same old story this year.  Losses to HORRIBLE teams, no effort, no emotion, a pure lack of desire to want to win. When we play on the road against UGA, everyone on the board was picking UGA, Pel haters and supporters alike. It seems to me that these players have no hope from the fans, when we expect to lose to a mediocre UGA team in a junior high gym.  I think we can all agree that the hoops situation is the same it has been the past 4 years, but Pel has only been here 18 games......

These players are not good at all.  The 4 SEC teams we have played are NIT material at best.  Yet these same players that have struggled with these same teams their whole career, are once again struggling this season.  They have no winners mentality and frankly I believe they could care less about the Razorback on their uniform and chest.  It baffles me how all of this comes back to Pelphrey....this season is NOT a surprise, anyone who could look past the fact this team was filled with "seniors" can say this season is not a surprise.  After watching this garbage for the past few years, how could we expect any different?

I mean, i agree with what you are saying, but you have to realize that most of people that post on this board are negative nancy's and would be saying the same thing about whoever would have been hired here.  I honestly think we could have brought in Dean Smith at this point and we would have the same record.  The players just don't seem to care about winning at this point.  When Pel gets his players from day 1, maybe he'll be able to preach that to them because obviously Stan Heath didn't care about winning too much.  The seniors on our team have never really seemed to care about winning, so i think they are hopeless at this point. 
However, the younger guys, especially the freshman who have heard more from Pel at this point than Heath could make a difference.  We need new faces on the court or it's just going to be the same old mess week in and week out.

Bigfoot

Quote from: opineonswine on January 23, 2008, 01:55:31 pm
At the risk of sounding like PawPaw....it's just a very few.  (well, in this case it IS just a couple of doo-doo heads)
LOL! Yep!

Oliver

Here is the real question. 

Some blame the players only.  Maybe they are the only ones at fault.  If so, stop calling Stan a bad coach.  You can call him a bad recruiter, but if a better coach in Pelphrey comes in here and performs the same way with the same players, you really can't criticize Heath on his coaching ability anymore if you are not criticizing Pelphrey for his. 

Some are blaming Pelphrey and Heath only.  Maybe they are both mediocre coaches.  After 5 years, I came to the conclusion that Heath was a mediocre coach.  It's way too early to tell with Pelphrey but we'll know the answer to that in 2 to 3 years after he gets his own players in here.  However, if Pelphrey doesn't make the NCAAT this year, it would be considered bad foreshadowing in my opinion of what's to come. 

I personally believe that this year's poor performance is a combination of 2 things.  A coach trying to run a system with players that weren't meant to play that system.  I really don't think a lot of the players on our team are as poorly talented as many say they are.  I think if a Kelvin Sampson or Tom Izzo coached these guys, they would perform a lot better as a team.  Those guys are great at coaching Big 10 basketball which is what Heath wanted them to play.  But Heath isn't a Sampson or Izzo.  I think if you give Pelphrey players that he recruited to run his system, he'll perform a lot better as well.  And we'll know the answer to that in time.

Hoggy1

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 23, 2008, 02:32:21 pm
Here is the real question. 

Some blame the players only.  Maybe they are the only ones at fault.  If so, stop calling Stan a bad coach.  You can call him a bad recruiter, but if a better coach in Pelphrey comes in here and performs the same way with the same players, you really can't criticize Heath on his coaching ability anymore if you are not criticizing Pelphrey for his. 

Some are blaming Pelphrey and Heath only.  Maybe they are both mediocre coaches.  After 5 years, I came to the conclusion that Heath was a mediocre coach.  It's way too early to tell with Pelphrey but we'll know the answer to that in 2 to 3 years after he gets his own players in here.  However, if Pelphrey doesn't make the NCAAT this year, it would be considered bad foreshadowing in my opinion of what's to come. 

I personally believe that this year's poor performance is a combination of 2 things.  A coach trying to run a system with players that weren't meant to play that system.  I really don't think a lot of the players on our team are as poorly talented as many say they are.  I think if a Kelvin Sampson or Tom Izzo coached these guys, they would perform a lot better as a team.  Those guys are great at coaching Big 10 basketball which is what Heath wanted them to play.  But Heath isn't a Sampson or Izzo.  I think if you give Pelphrey players that he recruited to run his system, he'll perform a lot better as well.  And we'll know the answer to that in time.

you hit the nail on the head, Big 10 hoops.  Stan wanted a Big 10, halfcourt team to play in the SEC,  and JMO, but i think he may have been out of place coaching in the SEC, and it reflected when we played up-tempo teams, Tenn and Mizzou come to mind from last year.  Maybe everyone was fooled by the Heath era, maybe he is a good coach, he was just in the wrong place.

I think it's a mixture of both, these players fed off Stans laid back no fire attitude.

Example.  Charles Thomas used to screaaaaaaam and shout and yell every time he scored, as time went on we saw less and less.  Seems to me that a coach really determines how his players will fair out, and I think it's to late for Pelphrey to change this group.