Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIRE BRUCE PEARL !!!

Started by mathhog, January 23, 2008, 01:09:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

UT lost on the road against the worst team in the SECeast.

An uninspired performance with no effort from the big men.

Pathetic.  UT has the talent to win lots of games.   Must be the coaching.

Fire Bruce Pearl!

dclay89

NuttinItUp

LOL

Stupid people supporting Pel being fired will probably be swayed. ;)

hawgsav1

seriously...+1  The way people act on this board...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Oliver

Quote from: mathhog on January 23, 2008, 01:09:33 am

Fire Bruce Pearl!

Technically after tonight's game, South Carolina is the worst team in the SEC East.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 23, 2008, 01:21:18 am
Technically after tonight's game, South Carolina is the worst team in the SEC East.

remind me again how we did against SC.....I'm a glutton for punishment.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Razorback88

Quote from: mathhog on January 23, 2008, 01:09:33 am

Fire Bruce Pearl!

Can you show me an example of any poster with half a brain who thinks Pel needs to be fired?  Saying we're not playing as good as we should be right now does not equate to a 'Fire Pelphrey' mentality to me.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Razorback88 on January 23, 2008, 02:11:45 am
Can you show me an example of any poster with half a brain who thinks Pel needs to be fired?  Saying we're not playing as good as we should be right now does not equate to a 'Fire Pelphrey' mentality to me.

no one's really said "fire pel," but it seems like several are implying it or could fall over that line soon.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 23, 2008, 02:36:16 am
no one's really said "fire pel," but it seems like several are implying it or could fall over that line soon.
...and those people are ill informed. (or ill in the head ;) )
Give a guy at least 2 or 3 years to get a system and people into place. Jeez.

Oliver

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on January 23, 2008, 01:40:31 am
remind me again how we did against SC.....I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'm sorry.  I've blocked it out completely.

Smokehouse

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 23, 2008, 03:01:53 am
...and those people are ill informed. (or ill in the head ;) )
Give a guy at least 2 or 3 years to get a system and people into place. Jeez.

especially when said guy has to rely on this bunch of players...
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

stan the man

Has anyone noticed that Kentucky is getting much better.  They almost beat Florida at Florida just the other day.  Has anyone noticed that at the same time Arkansas is getting worse.   Could it be better coaching or players buying into Gillespie's system and our players not doing the same with Pelphry's system.

hoopitup3

Yeah, they should fire Bruce Pearl. So he can come to Arkansas as Head Hog and make Pel his assistant!

Desperate Hog

Quote from: hoopitup3 on January 23, 2008, 11:13:56 pm
Yeah, they should fire Bruce Pearl. So he can come to Arkansas as Head Hog and make Pel his assistant!
Please no!!  Pearl is so obnoxious and has no humility.  He could sell ice in alaska but he's not my type of coach.  I'll stay with Pel for now, thank you.
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

mathhog

Quote from: Desperate Hog on January 23, 2008, 11:25:01 pm
Please no!!  Pearl is so obnoxious and has no humility.  He could sell ice in alaska but he's not my type of coach.  I'll stay with Pel for now, thank you.

totally agree.

besides, what has pearl done?

two years ago their 'miracle season'? he won like 22 games -- same as embattled stan heath.  plus, bruce lost to stan AT knoxville.   

last year, ut won like 24 games and barely got by virginia to blow a 20 points lead in the sweet 16.

add to that who ut lost to... almost lost to a 15 seed and then got blown out by #7 seed wichita state in 05.....

add to THAT the fact that pearl has NEVER won a game in the SECtournament, losing to mighty South Carolina and 6seed LSU.  say what you want about stan, but we never lost to anyone in the sectourney that we were supposed to beat....