What the crap??

Started by Arkansas Razor, January 19, 2008, 08:17:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas Razor

Does any one else think this team played with more passion last year?? :-[

Hot_Town_Hog

This is as bad as they have played.

fanofthehog

They have not reponded to pelphrey at all.  I keep hearing what a great coach he is - now I would like to see it.

gohogs13

This is hard to watch! We are terrible!

Razorbacks_77

I have never seen Arkansas play this bad...

jnhogs

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  boring

HogCard

I sincerely hope this is not a reflection on Pel's coaching ability

Modsquad24

it aint got nothin to do with pel, when heath was here they sucked and underacheived too, you heard of the little engine that could? Well these srs are the little engine that couldnt and dont really care to get better

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: fanofthehog on January 19, 2008, 08:39:05 pm
They have not reponded to pelphrey at all.  I keep hearing what a great coach he is - now I would like to see it.

Your right how can a coach go 0-8 from 3 point range and show no ability to shoot from the outside....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Modsquad24

exactly stewie, dont know whos dumber at times some of our fanbase or this group of players

rude1

Isn't it amazing. Last year, everyone swore the talent was on hand to be a good basketball team. Now we change coaches and they are worse, now everyone says, the coaching is good, the players or not. Which is it?

fanofthehog

Quote from: Modsquad24 on January 19, 2008, 08:44:19 pm
exactly stewie, dont know whos more dumb at times some of our fanbase or this group of players

You are both idiots.  I know that keeping your nose up Pel's hindparts is the cool thing to do at the moment - but I think it's time we call it like we see it.  No, the coach doesn't miss all the threes - but it is his job to get his players to play with some passion.  These guys give NO EFFORT and they are an embarrassment to the university and it's fans.  The coach is the one who gets paid the big bucks and he is the one who should be held repsonsible.

Razorbacks_77

The blaming of Pel has to stop. This is the 18th game of the season.

fanofthehog

Quote from: Razorbacks_77 on January 19, 2008, 08:47:13 pm

Really?  Who should we blame? 

opineonswine

Losing is one thing...no effort is quite another.

Razorbacks_77

These seniors that just refuse to care. They never have and it looks like they never will.

Modsquad24

pel didnt choose these dumb low iq players so no its not his fault man, how are we idiots? you guys are the ones blaming a coach that hasnt even brought in his own players yet and as far as that whole last year this last year that darn dont fly they sucked last year strung together some lucky games at the sect went to the ncaat as a 12 seed and got their arse spanked, so no not impressive.

HogCard

Seems every game, the opponent has a season high in something.  Georgia averages 3 blocks per game and they have 9 tonight.  Ealrier they were talking about how much bigger we were.  Carazy.

rude1

Quote from: Razorbacks_77 on January 19, 2008, 08:47:13 pm
Exactly the freaking point. Game 18 and this team is regressing. He inherited a senior laden team that just came off back to back NCAA tourney bids. Now it appears this team is heading completely out of post season play all together. Pel has NOT done a good job with this team at all. There isn't all world talent on this team, but enough that this team should be better than what it is.

hawgwild child

a senior definetily needs to step up and give this team a talking to....heck it doesnt even have to be a senior

HogCard

we are officially terrible

Razorbacks_77

Last years team making the tourny was the worst thing that could have happened. We lucked into it, there were many teams that should have gone in ahead of us. Us making it in raised the expectations of the fans, which is not good because now everyone is disappointed. Just let Pel get his players here.

hawgwild child

so i guess were back to waiting till next year again

cthog99

Quote from: rude1 on January 19, 2008, 08:52:34 pm
Exactly the freaking point. Game 18 and this team is regressing. He inherited a senior laden team that just came off back to back NCAA tourney bids. Now it appears this team is heading completely out of post season play all together. Pel has NOT done a good job with this team at all. There isn't all world talent on this team, but enough that this team should be better than what it is.

a team that got lucky as hell to make the tourney last yr and then got crushed once we got there. every team starts at the point guard position and we simply do not have one!!

ballhog™

Quote from: hawgwild child on January 19, 2008, 08:56:04 pm

This team has regressed.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

jgphillips3

The team did not play with more passion last year except for the stretch where they thought they were saving Heath's job.  I think we are seeing the same character these guys have shown their whole career here.  Hey, I don't even know if we should blame them overall.  They aren't good enough to be champions and they don't have the heart.  The handful of players that do can't make up for the rest.  The infusion of new blood next year will give us a chance to wash all this away and to begin to see what Pel can really do (or not).  This may be the first team to ever quit on him...I will be anxious to see how he responds.

fanofthehog

Charles Thomas is the only guy on the team with guts.  I'm 5'8" 155 lbs. and I think I could whip the rest of them.

HogKongPhooey

Quote from: Modsquad24 on January 19, 2008, 08:42:11 pm
it aint got nothin to do with pel, when heath was here they sucked and underacheived too, you heard of the little engine that could? Well these srs are the little engine that couldnt and dont really care to get better

You are right on the money.  The seniors on this team haven't bought in and aren't going to.  They can't graduate fast enough for me.

phoggy

We don't have an identity. Are we a perimeter shooting team? Are we an inside team? I think we're just whatever happens to be working that night team. Sometimes that's not anything. We just aren't any good right now.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Newcoachplease

Cant wait to see you of you guys when petrino loses a game. Yall will be all over him.

Its not Pel's fault he has no pg, a center who doesnt know to play offense and get blocked by guys 7 inches smaller than him, etc.

This team was no better last year.

You cant coach heart!

stan the man

The next time some clown complaiins about fans leaving early after the last two performances should be banned from posting.

HogCard

Remind me again who our commitments are and are they any good?

hawgwild child

NO doubt we have regressed...this team was in trouble when they lost to App State

Razorbacks_77

Quote from: Newcoachplease on January 19, 2008, 08:58:35 pm
Cant wait to see you of you guys when petrino loses a game. Yall will be all over him.

Its not Pel's fault he has no pg, a center who doesnt know to play offense and get blocked by guys 7 inches smaller than him, etc.

You cant coach heart!

Great point.

phoggy

Quote from: Newcoachplease on January 19, 2008, 08:58:35 pm

You cant coach heart!

+1000. Anybody on this current team make your all Arkansas team?  I didn't think so.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

HogKongPhooey

Quote from: fanofthehog on January 19, 2008, 08:47:07 pm
You are both idiots.  I know that keeping your nose up Pel's hindparts is the cool thing to do at the moment - but I think it's time we call it like we see it.  No, the coach doesn't miss all the threes - but it is his job to get his players to play with some passion.  These guys give NO EFFORT and they are an embarrassment to the university and it's fans.  The coach is the one who gets paid the big bucks and he is the one who should be held repsonsible.
Ever hear the quote "can't get blood from a turnip"?  We'll Coach K couldn't get any blood from these turnips.  Relax and wait to bash Pelphrey AFTER he gets some of his recruits in here.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: ballhog on January 19, 2008, 08:56:51 pm
This team has regressed.

That is an understatement!! This team has more talent than Georgia period. For whatever reason, it doesn't appear this team cares. We were pre-season top 20 for a reason. I was excited about Pel, but this is concerning to say the least!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Were any of you around during Nolan Richardson's first year ....recall going 14-16 out of the gate and people calling for his head.  Most people on this board wanted Billy Gillispie and he isn't exactly lighting it up at Kentucky but once He and our coach get thier recruits on campus (starters, backups) then you won't see this horrific point guard play & aweful shooting outside 10-15 feet (not even going to discuss the 3 point arc) 

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HogCard

Quote from: hawgwild child on January 19, 2008, 08:56:04 pm

I'm getting too dang old to wait til next year.

May have to start my "Bucket List"

1) Get rid of HDN  - done
2) Be good in basketball again.  May not happen in my lifetime.

HogInThaGrove

I'm a coach,
you can't coach effort.
They either have it or not.

These guys were the best at their respective high schools and everything came easy, they were "the man"
Now they have to try and give effort, and have absolutely no idea what that is.
Pel can yell all he wants to, they just are dumb and lazy and do not care. 

Pel should have gone man to man earlier though, they were killing the zone. 

How many walks can sonny weems have?

Ervin sucks,

The end.

fanofthehog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 19, 2008, 09:03:14 pm
Were any of you around during Nolan Richardson's first year ....recall going 14-16 out of the gate and people calling for his head.  Most people on this board wanted Billy Gillispie and he isn't exactly lighting it up at Kentucky but once He and our coach get thier recruits on campus (starters, backups) then you won't see this horrific point guard play & aweful shooting outside 10-15 feet (not even going to discuss the 3 point arc) 

Nolan's first team had ZERO talent.  Patrick Beverly, Charles Thomas, Darian Townes, and Sonny Weems are all way better than anyone Nolan inherited.  We have talent, we have no heart.  These players don't believe in Pelphrey for one reason or another - or at least that's how they play.

ballhog™

January 19, 2008, 09:05:52 pm #41 Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:22:42 pm by ballhog
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 19, 2008, 09:03:14 pm

I don't think it's time to get down on Pelphrey...but this performance sucks any way you look at it.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

phoggy

Quote from: fanofthehog on January 19, 2008, 09:05:13 pm
Nolan's first team had ZERO talent.  Patrick Beverly, Charles Thomas, Darian Townes, and Sonny Weems are all way better than anyone Nolan inherited.  We have talent, we have no heart.  These players don't believe in Pelphrey for one reason or another - or at least that's how they play.

Do you think this team has talent?

fineswine

Quote from: fanofthehog on January 19, 2008, 09:05:13 pm
Zero talent on Nolan's first team??  You don't know what you are talking about.  Andrew Lang and Byron Irvin were both on that team (both NBA players) plus William Mills who had that kind of talent.  Please research before talking about how this team's talent is so much better than what was available then.

fanofthehog

Quote from: phoggy on January 19, 2008, 09:15:59 pm

Do you think this team has talent?

Yes, there is some talent on this team.  Sonny Weems was the #1 JUCO player in the country.  Patrick Beverly was a highly recruited player who has some skills - which he showed last year.

ColonelNutt

Quote from: rude1 on January 19, 2008, 08:47:03 pm
Isn't it amazing. Last year, everyone swore the talent was on hand to be a good basketball team. Now we change coaches and they are worse, now everyone says, the coaching is good, the players or not. Which is it?

+1

fanofthehog

January 19, 2008, 09:23:08 pm #46 Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:26:26 pm by fanofthehog
Quote from: fineswine on January 19, 2008, 09:19:16 pm
Zero talent on Nolan's first team??  You don't know what you are talking about.  Andrew Lang and Byron Irvin were both on that team (both NBA players) plus William Mills who had that kind of talent.  Please research before talking about how this team's talent is so much better than what was available then.

Byron Irvin had already transferred to Missouri before Nolan began his first year.  Maybe you are the one that needs to do some research.

fanofthehog

Quote from: rude1 on January 19, 2008, 08:47:03 pm

Great point.  However, prepare for your smite levels to go through the roof.  Evidently Pel is off limits when it comes to crticism.

fineswine

Quote from: fanofthehog on January 19, 2008, 09:23:08 pm
Byron Irvin had already transferred to Missouri before Nolan began his first year.  Maybe you are the one that needs to do some research.
I don't know where you got your information.  Irvin played the 85-86 season (Nolan's first) with Arkansas. He averaged 9.9 points per game.  He transferred and sat out the next season.

Rockhawg

This Sr. class ( i wont call them team ) did not show passion last year til their Coach was under fire.
As far as Passion goes, I saw Pelphrey play when he was at KY and i also saw coach Evans when he was the Head Coach for Ole Piss and you would be hard pressed to find two more passionate and competitive people anywhere. Evans can flat out coach the game. I will judge Pel on his coaching abilities next year when this sorry bunch of heartless wonders are gone.