Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

people have got to quit blaming the fans for the outcome of games....

Started by Modsquad24, January 19, 2008, 09:51:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

I agree that being at home plays to an advantage in basketball more than any other sport, but some fans leaving with 20 seconds left to beat trafiic or fans cheering loud but not extremely loud doesnt have a thing to do with winning or losing these games, there's a bigtime mental toughness problem on this team and it wont ever change til these last 15 or so games of this season and these guys careers expire ive accepted that by now. I see good basketball teams winning all the time on their homecourts with alot smaller/not as rowdy crowds and it all comes down to the fact that the product they put on the floor is alot better than the one the UA can offer at this time. GHG!

Hollywood_HOGan45

agree

this basketball team is just not very smart. They CAN be pretty good but when they let up they can be just terrible.

I wanted to jump through the radio and strangle Thomas when he committed that reach in foul late in the game.

Modsquad24

haha know what you mean hollywood, well as sad as it sounds ive accepted the fact it is what it is and thats an average-good squad, but not one they will ever exceed that, GHG!

Rayzback

Your saying the atmosphere can not effect the game? I totally disagree on that. Players can feed off it either way... home or not.  Why do all coaches talk about taking the crowd out of the game? I'd say add a few more points to the SC loss had the crowd not tried to pull the hogs back into the game.... even Pel mentioned somthing about that.

Modified: Sorry, read your post a second time... didn't actually say that :}  I still hate people leaving early and fans that don't cheer.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Modsquad24

not saying it has no affect saying if a teams good their good and if theyre not theyre not, fans or no fans.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Modsquad24 on January 19, 2008, 09:51:46 am
I agree that being at home plays to an advantage in basketball more than any other sport, but some fans leaving with 20 seconds left to beat trafiic or fans cheering loud but not extremely loud doesnt have a thing to do with winning or losing these games, there's a bigtime mental toughness problem on this team and it wont ever change til these last 15 or so games of this season and these guys careers expire ive accepted that by now. I see good basketball teams winning all the time on their homecourts with alot smaller/not as rowdy crowds and it all comes down to the fact that the product they put on the floor is alot better than the one the UA can offer at this time. GHG!

I don't blame the fans for losing the game, but I do blame the fans for not showing up in full support.  We're supposed to be there for our team win or lose.  That's what being a fan is all about.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Modsquad24

the uofa has slipped a great deal in their athletic programs too

rude1

Quote from: hawgsav1 on January 19, 2008, 07:30:35 pm
I don't blame the fans for losing the game, but I do blame the fans for not showing up in full support.  We're supposed to be there for our team win or lose.  That's what being a fan is all about.
That all sounds good, but the reality is, teams that are winning pack their building. Teams that are losing do not. Fans want a winner and are willing to support the product when its not winning, if it appears they are on track to become a winning program.

hawgsav1

Quote from: rude1 on January 19, 2008, 08:56:54 pm
That all sounds good, but the reality is, teams that are winning pack their building. Teams that are losing do not. Fans want a winner and are willing to support the product when its not winning, if it appears they are on track to become a winning program.

You're completely right.  However, are you saying that it's acceptable?  Just because something is the current status quo doesn't mean it's the best outcome.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb