Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check this out, new coach......

Started by #1 Hog, November 27, 2007, 11:05:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 Hog

could be loaded by year two.  Just heard that Ryan Mallett is not happy with the departure/force out of Lloyd Carr and would again consider a transfer to Arkansas if the right coach is hired.  A year off after transferring wouldn't be that big of a deal since UA currently doesn't have the talent at receiver to compliment him next year anyway.  After all, he did grow up 20 miles from Fayetteville.  Choose wisely Mr. Long... :razorback:

deucea729

Texarkana is a few more miles than 20 from Fayetteville.

But this would be awesome if true...

BleednRed87

SLC

Quote from: #1 Hog on November 27, 2007, 11:05:55 pm
could be loaded by year two.  Just heard that Ryan Mallett is not happy with the departure/force out of Lloyd Carr and would again consider a transfer to Arkansas if the right coach is hired.  A year off after transferring wouldn't be that big of a deal since UA currently doesn't have the talent at receiver to compliment him next year anyway.  After all, he did grow up 20 miles from Fayetteville.  Choose wisely Mr. Long... :razorback:

I am not sure he has to sit out a year.   Isn't there a rule where if the coach leaves, the players may transfer and play immediately?  
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

Shakey

razorback3072

Quote from: BleednRed87 on November 27, 2007, 11:09:49 pm
20 miles??? um better look at a map

His parents owned a farm in Lincoln which is about 20 miles from Fay.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

bigchad

jrw11475

The Realist

"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: SLC on November 27, 2007, 11:10:35 pm
I am not sure he has to sit out a year.   Isn't there a rule where if the coach leaves, the players may transfer and play immediately? 

No.

ballinhog

Quote from: kgg on November 27, 2007, 11:10:28 pm
Who is Ryan Mallett ?????

He is a tight end or at least thats what Ole Miss' coach thinks

The_Iceman

here we go with the Ryan Mallet rumors again.

he will be the starting QB at the University of Michigan.

They have tradition, something we don't.
They pack out a 100,000+ seat stadium, something we don't.
They have a top 10 program, something we don't.
They have the coolest helmet in college football IMO, something we don't.

Why would he come here?

Cassperr

hes one of my friends and grew up in texarkana.. takes me 4 hours to get to the hill going 80-90 through the mountains. ive always thought he would transfer if carr left
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

razorback3072

I am not sure he has to sit out a year.   Isn't there a rule where if the coach leaves, the players may transfer and play immediately?  

that only applies to incoming signees that can be released from their signed letter of intent.  The only exception to this comes from the NCAA, I.E. Bama being put on probation.  The NCAA was going to allow any of the players that wanted to transfer to do so without having to sit out.  As I recall, all of them decided to stay.  That was a special case by the NCAA though. 

Mallett is not coming.  He is at a traditional powerhouse and will be the starting QB next year.  This is my opinion but I do have a source(yeah I know, so does everyone) that is about as close as you can get.  I haven't talked to them but will in the next few days just to find out for sure.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Nashville Fan

I am not sure he has to sit out a year.   Isn't there a rule where if the coach leaves, the players may transfer and play immediately? 

I think it only lets recruits out of letters of intent.
Pittman or Bust!

FedUpWithNutt

Ryan's uncle, Danny, is the former head coach at Searcy High School.

Quote from: razorback3072 on November 27, 2007, 11:11:19 pm
His parents owned a farm in Lincoln which is about 20 miles from Fay.

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: deucea729 on November 27, 2007, 11:08:52 pm
Texarkana is a few more miles than 20 from Fayetteville.

But this would be awesome if true...
LOL

nahnahrenee

:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

coach, my back hurts

HAHAHAHA!  Wasnt he wanting to transfer last yr when Carr was still the coach?  Now all of a sudden he wants to transfer because Carr ISN'T the coach?

This is a good one.

chiefsfan

only under extenuating circumstances.   an example was Emert coming here from Missouri State
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.