Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

welsh = starting PG

Started by blacksuit, November 24, 2007, 06:53:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksuit

He's got two starts, two wins. 7 assists and no TOs today. Last season it seemed that the future of this team was Welsh at the 1 and Beverley at the 2. It looks like we're headed that way.

pimphog

Welsh played freakin awesome today and made some sweet passes........I would love for him to take over...with Ervin coming in every now and then for a breather......i feel very comfortable with him at the point

HogMavFan

Quote from: blacksuit on November 24, 2007, 06:53:02 pm
He's got two starts, two wins. 7 assists and no TOs today. Last season it seemed that the future of this team was Welsh at the 1 and Beverley at the 2. It looks like we're headed that way.
Welsh is the man at point. It was obvious last year but Heath was too nice to pull Ervin. It took Pel 3 games to realize what Heath could never figure out...that Ervin was costing us games with his turnovers and poor decisions.  I'm just thankful that Welsh is coming on with Missouri coming up. Remember how horrible Ervin did against their press last year.

Adam Stokes

I just think Ervin will be better off the bench.  He had six assists and 0 turnovers today to go with 2 of 3 shooting.

HogMavFan

Quote from: ajs15razorman on November 24, 2007, 08:00:43 pm
I just think Ervin will be better off the bench.  He had six assists and 0 turnovers today to go with 2 of 3 shooting.

Also I think he does better at 2 guard. He is a decent shooter and a good defender...he just is not a good ball handler against pressure and makes poor decisions with a lot of his passes.

CDOGHOG

I LIKE WELSH AT THE POINT.  IT'S A GOOD FIT.

slopinhogs

he will get some help atd the pointd when Rakestraws had gets better. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

The Realist

Welsh played on a high school team that is better than half the SEC so it shouldnt be a surprise that he is a gamer
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

mbgrulz

Quote from: slopinhogs on November 25, 2007, 01:43:57 pm
he will get some help atd the pointd when Rakestraws had gets better. :razorback:
HUH? are you saying NR will play some PG? you're crazier than bat crap.

HoggySTruman

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 25, 2007, 01:55:28 pm
lol

hillhog

Welsh gets my vote for starting pg. Made some good decisions against D State. Granted, that is not SEC but a very good start to show what he has.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 25, 2007, 01:55:28 pm
Will Rakestraw play when his hand heals, or will he end up redshirting like Sanchez?  We know that Britt and Patatsia aren't redshirting, and that Sanchez is, but what about Rakestraw?

blacksuit

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on November 25, 2007, 07:25:37 pm
Will Rakestraw play when his hand heals, or will he end up redshirting like Sanchez?  We know that Britt and Patatsia aren't redshirting, and that Sanchez is, but what about Rakestraw?

No idea, but he might play cause we're short on guards.

slopinhogs

good to see, i thought he should be starting all along. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

parrishw

Ervin has been a big part of the reason for our poor play ever since he got here.

He has a head too big to fit into BWA and is in love with bringing the ball down the court dribbling slowly and having everybody watching him.

Stan Heath is gone because he could not see that.

Ervin is not a starting point guard and will never play in the NBA.

My wife stopped going to games with me and stopped watching out of town games with me on TV over the last few years because I was screaming about how big an idiot Ervin was and how the fact that Heath had him at the point was clearly an indication of Heath's lack of the ability to judge talent.

It does not look like it took Pelphrey too long to figure that out.

I like that Pelphrey kid more every game.

The_Iceman

we will know wednesday how we are at point.

Beaverfever

Quote from: DonewithNuttless on November 26, 2007, 09:03:14 am
we will know wednesday how we are at point.
no joke...someone better step up or we are toast.