Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STAN HEATH THREAD!

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, March 07, 2005, 06:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

D-macs cuz

things are looking up, that's for sure

SupaCrawf

Stan out coached Pearl.  He has guts.  We had a game plan: hammer it inside, draw fouls, play our game.  3/4 of the game, it didn't work, but guess what?  His team stuck with the plan, believed in the coach and the game plan, and we won!  In previous years, we would have gone to a three point shooting contest, and been blown out by 25.  We're gelling and peaking at the right time.

If that's not progress, if that's not 'turning the corner,' Please Explain to me what is????

WPS!!!!
I'm kind of a big deal.

Hogs4Ever

Congrats to Heath for the biggest win of his coaching career at Arkansas. It looks like we SHOULD now make the Dance so I'm getting off Heath's back for this year.  I'm excited about the players coming in next year too.

Way to go Heath and Hogs.  Now win out!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

D-macs cuz

we have to remember too, that he had nothing coming in here and he just now has built depth with guys that are learning the system.  he's building it back up.

mountainhog

i was a fence sitter about stan , but with this win and if we go dancing , then i say he earns another year, improvement every year , thats all anyone can ask.

Chinese Emperor

Quote from: Hog in MO on February 25, 2006, 02:15:46 pm
Sorry Stan - I said you didn't have what it takes to coach at this level.  I said you were a glorified assistant.  I said you needed to go back to the minor leagues for a few years.  I can't even remember everything I said in those moments of extreme frustration.  Even after the UF and Bama wins I was still not convinced you could turn it around but you proved me wrong today.  This team still frustrates the heck out of me at times but at least they are finally showing some cajones.  Kudos to you Stan for whatever switch you finally found and flipped on.

I always wondered how to spell cajones.

Factual Fiction

He'll use this hot streak and get a job up north!

sowmonella

Stan has out coached Billy D, Gottfried and Pearl in the last 3 games. Let's keep rolling.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Prince of Pork

You think Indiana would make a run at him if we close really strong
*CUBS '05*   "THIS IS OUR YEAR"-make that 06-make that 07-make that 08-make that 09

WichitaStateRazorback

I'm still borderline with Heath.  Let's see how he finishes out the season.  I've kinda flip flopped on him all season.

forrest city joe

After today i have to admit it looks like i was wrong about him. one game does not make a coach, but this team is getting better and winning now. i give stan and his players a lot of credit.

Tater Salad

Absolutely. I am cautiously optimistic, but the job has been getting done the last 3 games. He's definitely saved his job.

HatfieldHog

Give Heath a "Real" point guard, and he may win a lot of games!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on February 25, 2006, 03:54:10 pm
I'm still borderline with Heath.  Let's see how he finishes out the season.  I've kinda flip flopped on him all season.

I said before and after the Florida game that I didn't fall of the bandwagon easily.  I won't get back on it easily.  The Bama game helped.  This game today went along way.  I'm not climbing back on after today, but I can see how it might be fun to ride on to the NCAA's.  I was bounced off of it once, I am not just going to jump back in there to get thrown off. 

I do think Heath deserves another year now.  I will wait a while longer to climb back on...but I do like the way the wagon is rolling.

Besides, Heath is a VERY likable guy.  I really hope he continues to prove me wrong.  Please prove me wrong Stan.
Retired Radio Host

HatfieldHog

I agree with UglyUncle,  Heath does deserve another year.  Don't know what that year will bring, but if Brewer stays, and our point guard get's eligible, we should be good!

Let's HOPE!         See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Zen_Hog

WPS!!  I missed the game, I thioiught it was a night game. Darn. From the loooks of it Stan did a decent job is my guess, but why didn't Mccurdy get any minutes?

Nutts and Bolts

Agree Hatfield, Stan has not had any true Point guards so good things are on the way
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

nobballconcept

I've been on the Stan bashing bus, I am proud of this team.  Huge win today.  Good job hogs.  Keep it up Stan, please make a believer out of me.

Call Mr. Sow

I guess is the place to eat some crow.  I thought history was going to repeat itself and this team was going to fold down the stretch of this season like they have in the past, particularly in light of the obvious on court disicpline problems of the last few weeks, but instead Heath has the team peaking at exactly the right time. 

The way Heath allowed the team to quit last year is something I might never be able to forgive, so I don't think I'm a Heath supporter, but I if I had a vote today, I'd keep Stan Heath.

TorsinAHog

Stan deserves a lot of credit for todays win.  Lord knows he has been bashed on this board for the close losses.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

jblack19

hes has gotten better each year. i said at the begining of the season he would get 20 wins and see the NCAA... almost there. GO STAN GO!!! GO HOGS GO!!! :razorback:

dotnet

This is his first year with a complete team though.  Granted they had everyone (apart from Mccurdy and Hunter) in place last year.  But this is the first year Stan hasn't had to rely big time on freshman.

devildog

I think Frank turned over the reins to Hipsher after the Ole Miss game.
That's the only way I can explain it.

hogman64

Like alot of other hogville posters  most anytime I said I didnt think Stan was going to cut it, I also said I like him and I hope I am proved wrong........I think that is what has happened and I couldnt be happier.. I have always really appreciated the way he represents our program and he has been a breath of fresh air,, no an oxygen tank of fresh air after Nolan........So I love being proved wrong and I am all about Stan being our coach for years to come.. One game doesnt make a coach but I have to say these last three have been pretty impressive..........

WetSnout

Remember how tired our team looked at this point last year?  Even with all the adverstiy faced this year, this team refuses to quit.  Could a coach get a break?  Everyone said, "This year or else . . ."  Well, look at the record, the scoreboard, the top-ten wins, and teh heart.  Throw out Ole Miss (inexcusable, filed under 'shiite happens') and this is the year we deserved and Heath told us to expect.  It's feeling like old times and I say WPS!!!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hogman64 on February 25, 2006, 05:02:55 pm
Like alot of other hogville posters  most anytime I said I didnt think Stan was going to cut it, I also said I like him and I hope I am proved wrong........I think that is what has happened and I couldnt be happier.. I have always really appreciated the way he represents our program and he has been a breath of fresh air,, no an oxygen tank of fresh air after Nolan........So I love being proved wrong and I am all about Stan being our coach for years to come.. One game doesnt make a coach but I have to say these last three have been pretty impressive..........

I don't think anyone has ever doubted his class.  He represents the program better than any basketball coach we have had in a while.  That is why I have hated the fact that he didn't seem to be an SEC caliber coach.  I always felt like he could be good...just wasn't seeing him do it here.  Now, I am proud to say he is making serious jumps in my opinion of him as a coach.  I already held him in much esteem as a person.  That bandwagon hasn't made it past my house just yet.  Still want to see what will happen the rest of this year...and now...next.  Give him another year.  But the man is really showing great progress as a coach.
Retired Radio Host

Arkapigdiesel

I'm still stuck in limbo as to my thoughts on what I think about his coaching abilities.  Regardless, I'm tickled pink as to how things are shaping up!!
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

SAUhogfan

HatfieldHog

Quote from: SAUhogfan on February 25, 2006, 05:16:42 pm
Get ready for a whole lot of Rick's "I told you so" s

Oh, that's just what I need, being told off by Rick-I am a geek-Shaeffer.
Oh well, I guess we were being a little hard on Stan.  But wait, It may
have been our pressure that caused Stan to step up and produce!
Yeah, that's it.  It was our belly aching all along that put the hogs on
the winning track!

Go "belly-aching" Go         See ya

wrightobe

The truth is that with the way the Hogs have played the last 3 games on TV, and if Stan Heath and his wife or unhappy in NWA, and which I hope they are not, and with all the venting, ranting, and bashing they have took, if Heath's agent puts out the feeler that Heath would like to go to another school, he will definitely get some offers, and may well get some, even he does not want to leave.

HouTxRzbck

We have to beat GA in GA.  If we lose that game we may result to what we were.  We can not lay down.  Beating Tenn probably got us in the tourney, but there are still doubters out there and we need to win out to prove a point.  21-8 (10-6). 
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

brichte

Anyone remember this thread....We stack up pretty good now hugh

12under

Quote from: RazorRichard on February 25, 2006, 04:41:57 pm
How much has this team underachieved?

How long does it take to get a team to look inside first and then go outside?

this team has not underachieved nearly as much as you seem to be suggesting.  think about it, we could've won at least 3 more games, and we could've lost 3 or 4 more games.  close games are won by players stepping up and making plays.  sometimes we do it, and sometimes kids on the other team do it.

12under

Quote from: Kevin on March 08, 2005, 11:45:21 am
auburn sucked this year  and we split with them.
in what sport?  we beat them twice in bball

mountainhog

win all conference games at home and split on the road!

nwarazfan

And that is justified, especially to the majority of this board.

12under

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 25, 2006, 06:06:39 pm

And that is justified, especially to the majority of this board.
i hope he says it a thousand times.  he deserves to.  but as classy as he is, he won't.

thehill1414

No if you remember right we lost to a miserable Auburn team at Auburn at the end of last year.
Quote from: 12under on February 25, 2006, 06:02:28 pm

12under

Quote from: thehill1414 on February 25, 2006, 06:12:03 pm
No if you remember right we lost to a miserable Auburn team at Auburn at the end of last year.
this season?  we have beaten auburn twice this season.  our only two road wins are at auburn and tennASSee

HogCards88

Quote from: 12under on February 25, 2006, 06:14:05 pm
Quote from: thehill1414 on February 25, 2006, 06:12:03 pm
this season?  we have beaten auburn twice this season.  our only two road wins are at auburn and tennASSee
Look at the date of his post smart guy.

brichte

Sorry about re-introducing this thread guys I just thought it would be cool to see what people where saying at the end of last year and see if we accomplished it. Didnt mean to confuse anyone.

Big Papa Satan

I am not looking forward to listening to Rick Shaeffer's three-hour orgasm starting 4:00 Monday.

silvertip

February 25, 2006, 06:48:23 pm #143 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 07:51:37 pm by silvertip
Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 07, 2005, 06:02:46 pm
Was listening to the radio this morning and they were discussing what they thought HAD to happen next year in basketball for Stan to keep his job or at least stay in the their good graces.  Here's mine:

1.  We must have a winning record in conference.

2.  We must be a lock for the NCAAT BEFORE the conference tourney.

3.  We must never and i mean NEVER go 11min without scoring again.EVER

What say ye?
WPS!!!

brichte

BigHog396

Quote from: dotnet on February 25, 2006, 04:43:50 pm
Quote from: RazorRichard on February 25, 2006, 04:41:57 pm
How much has this team underachieved?

How long does it take to get a team to look inside first and then go outside?

It took Stan's Kent State team about this long until they started playing his style of basketball.  They ended up going on an elite eight run.
You may want to go back and check what really happened.  It only took a few games.... for the Kent State players to basically revolt against the Big 10 style of play Heath brought in.  They did basically what we do well... they basically told him to shove it, they were going to play up-tempo basketball.  Kent State was a team much like what we currently have as far as athletic make-up.  If you have paid any attention at all, you know we have excelled any time Heath has "turned the dogs loose", letting the players go out and play up-tempo ball.

Ugly Uncle

A three game winning streak...against the talent that we have faced is GREAT!  But this doesn't make us a national power again.  That is what we all expect and should have.  Heath has moved us slightly in that direction this last week.   Let's not start proclaiming Heath coach of the year.  We still have much to prove.  Heath still has much to prove.

But, I can tell you one thing...I HAVE NEVER HOPED THAT A COACH WOULD BECOME GREAT AS MUCH AS HEATH.  I love this guy.  He is class all the way.  He has had to put up with so much.  He has had to recruit into a bad situation left by Nolan.  He has done nothing that has embarrassed this program.  Do i think he is a great coach?  No.  Do I think he might be on his way to that?  Yes.  Keep on proving me and everyone else wrong Heath.
Retired Radio Host

Hoggy Bear

kramegdoh

Amen to that UNCLE!!! These guys seem to be peaking at the right time.  We'll have to see how this plays out but currently you have to have alittle FAITH that he can handle it.  Let's see.

hoggystyle78

Assuming we can win at least 2 out of the last 3 games(including the SEC tourney), that would leave us at 21-9 and good enough in my opinion(for what it's worth), to give Stan one more year. Congrats Hogs on a big  big win today, I must admit it stirred feelings inside of me that I haven't felt in a while, It is a great day to be a Hog fan and hopefully Stan and the boys can send out alot more good feelings the rest of this BB season.  GO HOGS!!