Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can't wait for basketball.....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, May 21, 2007, 04:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

if not for Darren McFadden, i'd like to just skip right on by football and get to hoops.

Our non conference schedule should be really really fun.

We play Texas AND oklahoma!!!  We play at Norman but this is an oklahoma team we should be able to beat with all we have coming back and with all of what they lost.

And then Mike Anderson comes back to the bud and you know who will be there.

Pelphrey will have our hogs in very good condition to run his style of play but he will play to the strengths of this team and that is pounding the ball inside and then throwing it back out for an open shot.

this will be fun

mbgrulz

me too. i'm worn out with football and we haven't even started the season yet.

i don't agree with you that pounding the ball inside is the strength of our team. i can think of 1 guy who is a dominant (when he wants to be) low post scorer. and that is townes. we are strong inside, no doubt, but i really believe that you will see this team come alive when we start penetrating off of the dribble. our athleticism will allow that.

javajockey

Does anyone else feel like Dana Altman did us a favor?  I'm excited about the future of Razorback Basketball! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Boarcephus

I'm hopeful that a no BS coach like Pelphrey will get inside the head of Townes and get his butt to play the way he's capable of playing.  Townes broke Alonzo Mournings highschool shot block record and he could be a major player here if he could get his act together.   I just can't see Townes jumping on JP on the sideline the way he did Heath and thirty minutes later it's a Kodak Moment between the two.  Here's hoping that JP can literally kick-start this team. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

bd93

Quote from: mbgrulz on May 21, 2007, 07:21:31 pm
me too. i'm worn out with football and we haven't even started the season yet.

i don't agree with you that pounding the ball inside is the strength of our team. i can think of 1 guy who is a dominant (when he wants to be) low post scorer. and that is townes. we are strong inside, no doubt, but i really believe that you will see this team come alive when we start penetrating off of the dribble. our athleticism will allow that.

Washington has the potenial to bust out next year and be a great player.

javajockey

Washington has the potential to bust out next year and be a great player.
[/quote]

We saw a preview at the end of last year.  I think he will be a big factor by mid season.

mbgrulz

i agree about MW, and i would give him the edge on the starting 4 spot. i think you are trying to say that he would be an inside scorer, and i think that will be a part of his game, but he plays more like a 3 than like a traditional PF. he will score more off the bounce and from 12-15 feet than from the block. i really think he has a chance to be special.