Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(ARSN) Schaeffer's Corner - "Solid Recruiting"

Started by Tomhog™, May 17, 2007, 09:22:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Held Hawgstage

What article.... a joke is what it is. Let me get this right. Eddie understood he had to go outside the state to get players, no issues with that. Richardson only went after Corliss. Good reason, because he was one of the best high school players. Heath...well he got that Brewer guy and the rest have been good but not extraordinary. Weems and Washington have the potential to be great...blah blah blah.

Come on Rick. Rakestraw was coming even if Altman was still here so Pelphrey has only signed two recruits...who will only be good and not extraordinary. The knee injury was an issue with Sanchez as it should have been and should be. I hope you have a coach who is mindful of that and pulls it off the table to ensure your not wasting it on someone with potential issues. Playing high school ball in the state shouldn't get you a free ride to a full scholarship because you dominate 6-2 and below players.

The truth of the matter is that Arkansas does not turn out as many studs as writers would like for you to believe. While you need a coach who can land the big one here and there, you also need ones who can go into ummm Chicago, New York, etc and get those players as well.

It's nice to get a homegrown talent...everyone likes a feel good story. Fact of the matter, these signings are not even close to the signings of Corliss, Weems, or Washington. Good spin though.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 20, 2007, 11:34:17 am
What article.... a joke is what it is. Let me get this right. Eddie understood he had to go outside the state to get players, no issues with that. Richardson only went after Corliss. Good reason, because he was one of the best high school players. Heath...well he got that Brewer guy and the rest have been good but not extraordinary. Weems and Washington have the potential to be great...blah blah blah.

Come on Rick. Rakestraw was coming even if Altman was still here so Pelphrey has only signed two recruits...who will only be good and not extraordinary. The knee injury was an issue with Sanchez as it should have been and should be. I hope you have a coach who is mindful of that and pulls it off the table to ensure your not wasting it on someone with potential issues. Playing high school ball in the state shouldn't get you a free ride to a full scholarship because you dominate 6-2 and below players.

The truth of the matter is that Arkansas does not turn out as many studs as writers would like for you to believe. While you need a coach who can land the big one here and there, you also need ones who can go into ummm Chicago, New York, etc and get those players as well.

It's nice to get a homegrown talent...everyone likes a feel good story. Fact of the matter, these signings are not even close to the signings of Corliss, Weems, or Washington. Good spin though.

"They weren't even born the last time the Razorbacks signed three basketball players from Arkansas in the same year."   Really what about Hankins, Jennings and the Kid that was a killer from the 3 point line... can't remember his name.. but all three left.

bd93

What article…. a joke is what it is. Let me get this right. Eddie understood he had to go outside the state to get players, no issues with that. Richardson only went after Corliss. Good reason, because he was one of the best high school players. Heath…well he got that Brewer guy and the rest have been good but not extraordinary. Weems and Washington have the potential to be great…blah blah blah.

Come on Rick. Rakestraw was coming even if Altman was still here so Pelphrey has only signed two recruits…who will only be good and not extraordinary. The knee injury was an issue with Sanchez as it should have been and should be. I hope you have a coach who is mindful of that and pulls it off the table to ensure your not wasting it on someone with potential issues. Playing high school ball in the state shouldn’t get you a free ride to a full scholarship because you dominate 6-2 and below players.

It’s nice to get a homegrown talent…everyone likes a feel good story. Fact of the matter, these signings are not even close to the signings of Corliss, Weems, or Washington. Good spin though.

You don't anything about the players Pel is recruting for the 08' 09' classes do you?

crowhawg

Didn't Nolan sign 3 Arkansas kids in one year?  Justin Hankins, Jason Jennings, and Jason?Justin ??

crowhawg

Hollywood_HOGan45

What article…. a joke is what it is. Let me get this right. Eddie understood he had to go outside the state to get players, no issues with that. Richardson only went after Corliss. Good reason, because he was one of the best high school players. Heath…well he got that Brewer guy and the rest have been good but not extraordinary. Weems and Washington have the potential to be great…blah blah blah.

Come on Rick. Rakestraw was coming even if Altman was still here so Pelphrey has only signed two recruits…who will only be good and not extraordinary. The knee injury was an issue with Sanchez as it should have been and should be. I hope you have a coach who is mindful of that and pulls it off the table to ensure your not wasting it on someone with potential issues. Playing high school ball in the state shouldn’t get you a free ride to a full scholarship because you dominate 6-2 and below players.

It’s nice to get a homegrown talent…everyone likes a feel good story. Fact of the matter, these signings are not even close to the signings of Corliss, Weems, or Washington. Good spin though.

you are just eaten up so badly with dumbass.

Your man, Coach Heath, was all over Marcus Britt wanting him to come to SOuth Florida.

Also he was after Sanchez. Heath offered Sanchez AFTER his sophmore year.

Also Heath signed Nate Rakestraw.

You are making yourself look worse after every post.

Held Hawgstage

May 22, 2007, 12:52:53 pm #8 Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:54:43 pm by Held Hawgstage
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 20, 2007, 02:19:03 pm

Your man, Coach Heath, was all over Marcus Britt wanting him to come to SOuth Florida.

I have no problem with the Rakestraw signing. I think he will be a great addition. As far as the other two, we only signed one because Kentucky showed interest. Once again, Gillespie pulled a fast one on us. One day we will wake up, or, they will wake up. Heath went after these two because those are the type of players you go after when you are building from scratch from the bottom of the conference you roll the dice when you are hoping to get anything. You don't tout these guys like they're Mustain and Williams. Heath gets it, well, Pelphrey doesn't.

OzarkHighs

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 22, 2007, 12:52:53 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 20, 2007, 02:19:03 pm

I have no problem with the Rakestraw signing. I think he will be a great addition. As far as the other two, we only signed one because Kentucky showed interest. Once again, Gillespie pulled a fast one on us. One day we will wake up, or, they will wake up. Heath went after these two because those are the type of players you go after when you are building from scratch from the bottom of the conference you roll the dice when you are hoping to get anything. You don't tout these guys like they're Mustain and Williams. Heath gets it, well, Pelphrey doesn't.

I sure am glad you get it and are able to educate and enlighten us with your great knowledge and

Held Hawgstage

razorback93

Jason Jennings was in the class before Justin Hankins and Jason Gilbert.