Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why is Greg Oden in town?

Started by JoyDivision, May 15, 2007, 03:10:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyDivision

He just checked in at Carnell.

???

Held Hawgstage

Will somebody inform Pelphrey that Oden has already turned pro. No sense in trying to get the guy to transfer. I'm just trying to help with his recruiting.

Dr Swineglove

I think it's part of a secret conspiracy.  Heath paid Oden beaucoup money to transfer to Arkansas, all Sooner-style (NBA would be a pay cut), and in exchange, he got Frank to agree to rehire him (press conference tonight).  Frank did this because he misses the old days of the SWC, and the whole hire-coach-to-sign-the-player concept Frank pioneered almost worked with Malzhan, so try, try again...  Anyhow, with Oden in hand, Heath will qualify for his third-straight NCAAT game next season (alas, it will again be a disappointing loss...).  Heath, though, has a double cross planned; he's planning to parley the publicity of Razorback Oden into a job in the Big-10, then leave the Hogs high and dry next season to try and hire Altman again.  Shssssh, it's a secret; don't tell anybody.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

HogLove

he's here to go to signature bank along with jr. to do some financial stuff.

Ftsmithmike

We payed him to beat florida. He didnt. Hes here to pay us back.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."