Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"one of the worst conditioned teams Ive ever been around" -Tom Ostrom (they always say)

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, May 15, 2007, 08:05:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 18, 2007, 01:41:09 pm
Quote from: ColumbianHog on May 18, 2007, 01:21:17 pm
On the flip side, I agree that we should have seen some articles showing the disadvantages of the Pelphrey hire instead of everything tearing down the Heath regime.  Specifically the failure of Broyles to court any of the big boys and White's subsequent hiring of PES.  There was an article on it on Yahoo or Sportsline, I can't remember which.  But, the Arkansas editors publish what they want.  If it doesn't sell then they'll have people write something that will.  Not much to do about it.

A couple of sentences sums up all you can say about why this was a good hire and even that is not good enough. He made the tourney two years ago, he played and was an assistant coach in the SEC. He's a fiery character. Other than that.....nothing. So why not talk about the players shortcomings and avoid theirs. Great propaganda.

I can't argue with that.  He's definitely going to have to prove himself.

Sigh...I think some of these threads are running out of steam.  We need some new news.  I would venture over to MMQB but it's too frustrating.