Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The best part about this class is that...

Started by Pignominious, May 15, 2007, 12:03:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pignominious

They are all Arkansas kids and good ones to.  The key to building a program is getting all the instate talent.  You have to walk before you run.  I really think we are laying solid foundations for years to come.  This class has filled needs very well.  We got a shooting wing and a point guard (hopeful).  We also got a forward prospect.  This is going to help balance out the team in the future.  Its early but so far he's pitched nothing but strikes.  Great job Pel.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

hogsrule44

I agree! Coach Pel is starting a good future with the hogs!

Bomis Hawg

Rakestraw and Britt will be in the rotation at guard.
Not sure how much PT Sanchez will get.
But, yeah, three Arkansas boys who were wanted by some other schools is nice.
When you are that late in the recruiting process, getting three guys like this and all home state guys.
Very nice haul.  I'm pumped.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on May 15, 2007, 09:27:22 am
Rakestraw and Britt will be in the rotation at guard.
Not sure how much PT Sanchez will get.
But, yeah, three Arkansas boys who were wanted by some other schools is nice.
When you are that late in the recruiting process, getting three guys like this and all home state guys.
Very nice haul.  I'm pumped.

Sanchez will have to work hard to get much playing time this season.  We're too deep at the forward spot.  Next season he'll have lots of opportunities to play.

jhudson84

Sure would want another arkansas kid down in junction, but I will happily take what we got.

Ftsmithmike

The way to recruit instate is to win. Thats not gonna be a problem for Pel. 25 Wins in his first year will smelll so good. SEC west, NCAAT run.Just to hold us over. Then he will get it together.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."