Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Britt to Hogs

Started by The Boar War, May 14, 2007, 05:12:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

May 14, 2007, 05:12:48 pm Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 05:15:45 pm by The Boar War
Its official Marcus Britt is a Razorback.  Scott Cain said grades are good and is signing today.

By the way for those who hadn't heard Jai Lucas is going to Florida.

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

501Ben

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 14, 2007, 05:22:07 pm
Who is Marcus Britt?

A 6'3'' PG from Forrest City who is an '07 recruit, and he was recently let out of his LOI to Louisiana Tech.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: 501Ben on May 14, 2007, 05:23:19 pm
Who is Marcus Britt?

A 6'3'' PG from Forrest City who is an '07 recruit, and he was recently let out of his LOI to Louisiana Tech.

He plays SG.

501Ben

Quote from: razorback1 on May 14, 2007, 05:26:06 pm
Quote from: 501Ben on May 14, 2007, 05:23:19 pm
Who is Marcus Britt?

He plays SG.

His coach said Arkansas plans to play him at the point however, so that is why I listed PG.

widespreadsooie

Huh? That's strange, I don't think he played a lick of PG in high school and he has a great shot.

coach, my back hurts

My first thought was that he was a PG.  I remember hearing of this kid a few yrs ago too.  That is a good pick up.  I was wondering why no other big schools were after him.

Britt being 07 recruit, does that mean he is eligible next fall, or he is a Sr in HS next fall?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on May 14, 2007, 06:31:08 pm
My first thought was that he was a PG.  I remember hearing of this kid a few yrs ago too.  That is a good pick up.  I was wondering why no other big schools were after him.

Britt being 07 recruit, does that mean he is eligible next fall, or he is a Sr in HS next fall?
He'll be playing for the Razorbacks in the 2007-2008 season, which is this upcoming fall/winter

mword

Who is Marcus Britt?

Do tell. Look like Coach Pelphrey is not playing around.

U.P. HOGG

Go Hogs!!   Picking up Sanchez is a great addition.  When is Clarke expected to make a decision?

wooo

I heard Britt's coach on the radio.

He said Britt pretty much played point every game during the fourth period. He is a shooter that has ball handling and point abilities.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on May 14, 2007, 07:33:53 pm
Go Hogs!!   Picking up Sanchez is a great addition.  When is Clarke expected to make a decision?

April 2008

Proud Hog

This class is really starting to look good.

lookawayquick

Why would La Tech release him?  Looks like Coach Pel is building that fence around AR.  Take note HDN.

yraciv

b/ he asked for a release!  This class may not be the best in years, but we have now will have signed imo the 3 best high school basketball players in AR last year.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: yraciv on May 14, 2007, 09:35:06 pm
b/ he asked for a release!  This class may not be the best in years, but we have now will have signed imo the 3 best high school basketball players in AR last year.

Since when did we get James Anderson?

lookawayquick

Because he asked......I'm not questioning Britt's ability but I wonder why La Tech would just let him go.  It is my understanding that La Tech did not have to release him.  Couldn't force him to attend school in Ruston but could cost Britt a year of playing time.  Glad La Tech did the right thing, just don't see it happen often.

yraciv

Quote from: razorback1 on May 14, 2007, 09:42:17 pm
Quote from: yraciv on May 14, 2007, 09:35:06 pm

Since when did we get James Anderson?

darn I completely forgot about him!  We got the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best player in the state this year. 

HogFanLR

Quote from: lookawayquick on May 14, 2007, 09:47:16 pm
Because he asked......I'm not questioning Britt's ability but I wonder why La Tech would just let him go.  It is my understanding that La Tech did not have to release him.  Couldn't force him to attend school in Ruston but could cost Britt a year of playing time.  Glad La Tech did the right thing, just don't see it happen often.

didn't la tech change coachs.  Typically they release athletes when they do.  if asked.

Kilgor

Quote from: lookawayquick on May 14, 2007, 09:47:16 pm

Coaching change.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Ugly Uncle

Anyone remember a guy that had committed to Toledo...then decided to come to Arkansas?
Retired Radio Host

HogFanLR

Recent history...I am thinking Patrick Beverely.  Lets hope Brit turns out like that.  he sounds great.  Ron Crawford on DTS thinks he is a very underrated player

widespreadsooie

Quote from: HogFanLR on May 14, 2007, 10:53:05 pm
Recent history...I am thinking Patrick Beverely.  Lets hope Brit turns out like that.  he sounds great.  Ron Crawford on DTS thinks he is a very underrated player

I've seen him play many times, and I aslo think he is very underrated.

OzarkHighs

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 14, 2007, 10:51:32 pm
Anyone remember a guy that had committed to Toledo...then decided to come to Arkansas?

I thought you were a mod...did you get demoted?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: OzarkHighs on May 15, 2007, 06:48:24 am

STill a mod.  Jlust not in this forum.
Retired Radio Host

Lanlord

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 15, 2007, 07:57:39 am
Quote from: OzarkHighs on May 15, 2007, 06:48:24 am

STill a mod.  Jlust not in this forum.

We like ya, mod or not.

BigDave70

I can't wait til the season but I dont want Baseball to end
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

Tripod1

I've seen him and he is very good.  Plays point in the fourth quarter because that is crunch time and he is the man to have the ball.  Forrest City played a very up tempo game so he should be quite capable of handling that type of game.  Probably will need to work on his defense some but on offense he can flat out get after it.  Great addition and yes, very underrated.

slopinhogs

hey Ugly Uncle,what are you getting this time a girl or a boy. and happy anniversary when it comes around.

does he distribute the ball well, or feel he has to shoot it all the time?
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die