Pages:
Actions
  • #12751 by nchogg on 27 Sep 2014
  • I need somewhere to watch the game Saturday.  Is anyone familiar with the area and can recommend a restaurant/sports bar to watch the game at? Thanks
    My nephew has a sports bar in Pigeon Forge but I have not had a chance to go there in a few years. He is a hog fan and will be showing the game. I will call my father in a little while and give you a name and address. Enjoy the traffic.
  • #12752 by ChitownHawg on 27 Sep 2014
  • Wives come and go but this upset of Texas A&M is going to be epic.

Seriously most of these guys saying forget the game you are on your honeymoon probably haven't even touched a boob in years or have been forced to pee sitting down.

I think your first sentence leads me to believe you fall into the category is of the second statement.  ;)
  • #12753 by Dwight_K_Shrute on 27 Sep 2014
  • I think your first sentence leads me to believe you fall into the category is of the second statement.  ;)

Oh I've touched plenty.  Now whether money changes hands during, well.......
  • #12754 by nchogg on 27 Sep 2014
  • My nephew has a sports bar in Pigeon Forge but I have not had a chance to go there in a few years. He is a hog fan and will be showing the game. I will call my father in a little while and give you a name and address. Enjoy the traffic.
    My nephews place is "The Roaming Gnome Pub and Eatery", 202 Collier Drive, Sevierville, TN. This is at Governors Crossing which is across from walmart. He's a born and raised Razorback. Hope this helps.
  • #12755 by ChitownHawg on 27 Sep 2014
  • Oh I've touched plenty.  Now whether money changes hands during, well.......

+1  ;D
  • #12756 by jbcarol on 27 Sep 2014
  • Adam Sparks@AdamSparks
    #Vandy fans, if u come to Lexington--Windy Corner Market. Order barracuda & bacon w/ plantains, rice, habanero/lime pic.twitter.com/n2GTs5b76R

• #12757 by TheShow on 27 Sep 2014
  • Congrats on getting married!  All good choices in this thread, The Roaming Gnome is owned by a fellow Arkansan and that would be your best bet as far as also getting the sound to the game as well.  I will be playing at Loco Burro in Gburg tonight 7-10, but plenty of great options in this thread. Make sure you go check out the Island as well!
  • #12758 by wnash on 27 Sep 2014
  • My nephews place is "The Roaming Gnome Pub and Eatery", 202 Collier Drive, Sevierville, TN. This is at Governors Crossing which is across from walmart. He's a born and raised Razorback. Hope this helps.
    Thanks so much.. This is where we might go
  • #12759 by jbcarol on 27 Sep 2014
  • #12760 by kfo9494 on 06 Oct 2014
  • I come in peace and just would like some info about game day parking and a place to gets some pregame beverages.
    Been a long time since I have been to Fayetteville and would like to know a place where to park which is close to some bars/restaurants?  Our plan is to hit a few bars and watch some early games before making our way to the stadium.  Been looking at maps but everything seems to be far away from the stadium.  Making our way up on Thursday and already been told of a few places like Sassy's Red house and Foghorns that we are checking out
    Any advice?  Thanks in advance.
  • #12761 by WooPig90 on 06 Oct 2014
  • Dickson street (which connects to campus) is the place to be for bars!
  • #12762 by Bama_Matt on 06 Oct 2014
  • Hey guys. I'm making my first visit to Fayetteville this weekend. What are the best local places to eat and visit while I'm in town?
  • #12763 by popcornhog on 06 Oct 2014
  • I'm sure we can advise you.
  • #12764 by opineonswine on 06 Oct 2014
  • Be afraid...be very afraid.
  • #12765 by brenthog on 06 Oct 2014
  • Feltner Bros, Hammontrees,  and Mermaids
  • #12766 by HF#1 on 06 Oct 2014
  • Catfish Hole

Doe's

Foghorns

Just a few good ones.
  • #12767 by razorhog52 on 06 Oct 2014
  • Whatcha looking for? Pretty sure there was a post somewhere with a bunch of restaurants somewhere.

My ideal game weekend wouldn't stray to far off Dickson. Doe's on Dickson for a huge steak Friday night. Farrell's for a burger and beer pre-game. Then powerhouse after the game before more drinks on Dickson.
  • #12768 by kfo9494 on 06 Oct 2014
  • I'm sure we can advise you.

Thanks found it on the map
  • #12769 by hobhog on 06 Oct 2014
  • The game is in Little Rock.....
  • #12770 by razorhog52 on 06 Oct 2014
  • I put this in another post...

My ideal game weekend wouldn't stray to far off Dickson. Doe's on Dickson for a huge steak Friday night. Farrell's for a burger and beer pre-game. Then powerhouse after the game before more drinks on Dickson.
  • #12771 by opineonswine on 06 Oct 2014
  • Come to my house.  We will treat you right.
  • #12772 by reddogjcss on 06 Oct 2014
  • Park at Baum field and u can ride bus to gate one! Free parking there also!
  • #12773 by HF#1 on 06 Oct 2014

Yeah, this.. lol
  • #12774 by wupigsuey on 06 Oct 2014
  • I come in peace and just would like some info about game day parking and a place to gets some pregame beverages.
    Been a long time since I have been to Fayetteville and would like to know a place where to park which is close to some bars/restaurants?  Our plan is to hit a few bars and watch some early games before making our way to the stadium.  Been looking at maps but everything seems to be far away from the stadium.  Making our way up on Thursday and already been told of a few places like Sassy's Red house and Foghorns that we are checking out
    Any advice?  Thanks in advance.

How much is close parking in bamaland?
  • #12775 by Steef on 06 Oct 2014
  • Catfish Hole

Doe's

Foghorns

Just a few good ones.

This.
  • #12776 by Dropkick on 06 Oct 2014
  • Park at Baum field and u can ride bus to gate one! Free parking there also!
    This is your best bet in my opinion
  • #12777 by bigbadhog on 06 Oct 2014
  • Hugo's downtown Fayetteville
    Table Mesa downtown Bentonville
    Crystal Bridges museum in Bentonville
  • #12778 by MuskogeeHogFan on 06 Oct 2014
  • Hey guys. I'm making my first visit to Fayetteville this weekend. What are the best local places to eat and visit while I'm in town?

I'm a big fan of Bordino's but I also love going to Herman's. Old school with a lot of memoribilia on the walls I know, but hard to beat. Haven't been there in years but I hear it is still great!
  • #12779 by Großer Kriegschwein on 06 Oct 2014
  • Blue Oyster Bar
  • #12780 by The Hogfather on 06 Oct 2014
  • Pesto Cafe
  • #12781 by Großer Kriegschwein on 06 Oct 2014

Georgia, Alabama whatever. They both wear red.
  • #12782 by (notOM)Rebel123 on 06 Oct 2014
  • I know the OP mentioned Fayetteville, but for a few "lesser known" places nearby....

Mary Maestri's-Springdale
    Joe's Italian Grill-Springdale
    Flaps Down-Springdale airport tower
    Abeulo's Mexican-Rogers

Check out Tontitown Winery on Friday night. Great outside venue. Bring your lawn chairs, listen to several good bands, enjoy the wine. Good time. Oh, you can bring your own beer, just stop by Kum & Go and get a big cup to pour it in. Nobody cares. ;)

• #12783 by thebignasty on 06 Oct 2014
  • Georgia, Alabama whatever. They both wear red.
    wooooosh
  • #12784 by wupigsuey on 06 Oct 2014
  • Catfish Hole cart.

• #12785 by Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on 06 Oct 2014
  • Whatcha looking for? Pretty sure there was a post somewhere with a bunch of restaurants somewhere.

This is a solid list if you want to stay near campus and Dickson St. I'd add in Hammontree's, right off Dickson, to the list as well as Damgoode Pies and Hugo's, which are not too far off Dickson; both near the Fayetteville square. Lot of options so it kind of depends on what you're looking for.
  • #12786 by thebignasty on 06 Oct 2014
  • Bama fans would prolly feel most at home at Shirley's in Springdale.
  • #12787 by (notOM)Rebel123 on 06 Oct 2014
  • Bama fans would prolly feel most at home at Shirley's in Springdale.

Ha! Where good friends gather......they'll check you for knives at the door. If you don't have one, they'll give you one.
  • #12788 by three hog night on 06 Oct 2014
  • All on Dickson or the Square.

Vetro on the square or Theo's and Bordino's on dickson for a casual yet sophisticated atmosphere.
    Hugos on the square for lunch.
    Drinks at Jose's on the patio Friday afternoon.
    Herman's anytime

• #12789 by thebignasty on 06 Oct 2014
  • All the babes are at Bottom's Up.  Thank me later Bama fans.
  • #12790 by ZERO on 06 Oct 2014
  • Doe's if you're in the mood for a steak. Hugo's has the best burgers in town. Hammontree's is a gourmet grilled cheese restaurant, which is a LOT better than it sounds. It's high in the running for the best good 'ol American style restaurant in town. Powerhouse for seafood (also cook a surprisingly good steak). Shogun or Kobe if you want a Japanese Steakhouse. Most of the sushi places taste the same to me (maybe I'm just easy to please), but I'd suggest Tokyo or Wasabi because they're right there on Dickson.

If you're in the mood for Mexican, just skip Fayetteville and go just north to the neighboring town of Springdale. They have an insane number of good authentic Mexican food, and you'll see why as soon as you spend ten minutes in town. Springdale also has great Thai food, Pataya Thai is my favorite. I don't really have a good recommendation for Italian for you, maybe the Pesto Cafe or Noodles. Maybe someone else could recommend Italian.

A lot of the bars on Dickson are kind of college bars. If you're into a more divey place, Kingfish is my favorite. It's on School Ave, not too far off of Dickson. Mickey Finn's is another pretty good one on Dickson. All the drinks are half off on Sunday if you stay the whole weekend. Fayetteville is a really nice little town and I hope everyone is hospitable and you enjoy your stay.
  • #12791 by ZERO on 06 Oct 2014
  • All the babes are at Bottom's Up.  Thank me later Bama fans.

You ought to be ashamed.
  • #12792 by thebignasty on 06 Oct 2014
  • You ought to be ashamed.

You're right, those poor girls have never done anything to deserve sending piles Bama fans at em'.
  • #12793 by ICEman on 06 Oct 2014
  • Mama Deans
    GreenHouse Grill
    Briar Rose
    Damon's California BBQ
    Fayetteville Trail System
    Summit Hill Cottage

• #12794 by FearTheTusk91 on 06 Oct 2014
  • Hugo's for beer, great atmosphere, and an amazing burger.  Little Bread Company or the Green Submarine for a great deli sandwich.

Taste of Thai near the square is by far the best Thai food I've ever had.  Pesto Cafe is a nice romantic place for dinner with the wife/girlfriend.

Enjoy the Ozarks!
  • #12795 by Hogfaniam on 06 Oct 2014
  • Sam's Club.

Walk around the sample booths for salad and appetizers, then hit the front concession for a Hot dog, slice of pizza, large fountain drink.  Back to the dessert sample. Grab a box of wine.  Wah la, easy 5 course meal.
  • #12796 by Dark Helmet Hog on 06 Oct 2014
  • Visit: Crystal Bridges, Shiloh Museum, Pinnacle Hills Promenade.

Eat:
    Italian: Mama Z's in Tontitown
    Steak: Does on Dickson
    Catfish: Catfish Hole
    Seafood: Powerhouse off Dickson
    Mexican: Las Palmas in Springdale
    Burgers: Hugo's or Feltner Bros in Fayetteville. Patrick's in Springdale.
    Pizza: Tim's in Fayetteville or Guido's in Springdale / Tontitown
    Ribs: Hermans
    BBQ: WholeHog or Penguin Eds
    Wings: Foghorns
    Chicken: AQ Chicken

• #12797 by Hogfaniam on 06 Oct 2014
  • Visit: Crystal Bridges, Shiloh Museum, Pinnacle Hills Promenade.

Eat:
    Italian: Mama Z's in Tontitown
    Steak: Does on Dickson
    Catfish: Catfish Hole
    Seafood: Powerhouse off Dickson
    Mexican: Las Palmas in Springdale
    Burgers: Hugo's or Feltner Bros in Fayetteville. Patrick's in Springdale.
    Pizza: Tim's in Fayetteville or Guido's in Springdale / Tontitown
    Ribs: Hermans
    BBQ: WholeHog or Penguin Eds
    Wings: Foghorns
    Chicken: AQ Chicken

What about breakfast?

• #12798 by Dark Helmet Hog on 06 Oct 2014
  • What about breakfast?

lol

Susan's in Springdale
    Sunset Café in Springdale
    Neal's in Springdale
    Wagon Wheel Café in Springdale

Springdale rules in the breakfast category.

• #12799 by tusksincolorado on 06 Oct 2014
  • I know the OP mentioned Fayetteville, but for a few "lesser known" places nearby....

Mary Maestri's-Springdale
    Joe's Italian Grill-Springdale
    Flaps Down-Springdale airport tower
    Abeulo's Mexican-Rogers

Check out Tontitown Winery on Friday night. Great outside venue. Bring your lawn chairs, listen to several good bands, enjoy the wine. Good time. Oh, you can bring your own beer, just stop by Kum & Go and get a big cup to pour it in. Nobody cares. ;)

Abeulo's! I know he's a Bama Fan, but do you have to show so much hate?
  • #12800 by Hogfaniam on 06 Oct 2014
  • lol

Susan's in Springdale
    Sunset Café in Springdale
    Neal's in Springdale
    Wagon Wheel Café in Springdale

Springdale rules in the breakfast category.

All these are going in my notes for reference.  I take it that you've been to each?

Pages:
Actions