Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does JFB fire Stan if this team collapses down the stretch?

Started by Hogeyeblind, January 13, 2007, 08:11:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CSNuts

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 14, 2007, 09:48:30 am
Quote from: CSNuts on January 14, 2007, 08:35:41 am
Quote from: BigHog396 on January 13, 2007, 11:09:52 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2007, 11:00:08 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 13, 2007, 10:51:10 pm
Quote from: Karma on January 13, 2007, 10:42:56 pm
Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on January 13, 2007, 08:21:59 pm
Can't fire Heath for a collapse down the stretch. That would be racism. Nutt's team folded down the stretch and they gave him a raise. We shouldn't expect any less for Heath.

This is so stupid. You hate for Nutt blinds you. The football team WON the West. If(when) the b-ball Hogs collapse that will be 5 years and no tourney wins.

Where do they keep the SEC West Championship trophy?  Do they get rings?

Don't know about trophy but they do get rings.  I believe and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the school even got the 1998 team rings when we tied MS State but MSU won the west due to head to head win.
The school got the team rings for a non-existent championship.  There is no such thing as a recognized SEC Divisional Champion, only an SEC Champion!

But, if you are HDN, you do things like claiming a non-existent divisional championship to try to make yourself look better.

Well, someone better tell the SEC that there is no such thing as a divisional championship so they can change all the pages on their site.  I know a lot of folks have a distinct disdain for HDN but by belittling the fact that the 2006 Arkansas Razorbacks are recognized by the SEC as the SEC West Divisional Champions, you take away from the team, not Nutt.  Do they get a trophy?  I don't know, but, as per the standings on the SEC Football front page, we are listed as the Western Division Champion and Florida as SEC and Eastern Division Champion.

If you go here, http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=2&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=7899&change_well_id=2 it explains the SEC Football Championship Game Scenarios and everywhere it talks about winning the divisional championship.  This page will tell you about how they handle the SEC Divisional Tie-Breaker and again they call it a "championship", http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=46.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but taking away from the players to spite Nutt is getting old...

Well it looks like I mis-typed.  The fact is, that there is no divisional championship trophy.  To me, anything truely considered a championship in sports, has a championship trophy.  I am not taking anything away from the team, but I also don't believe any other SEC schools get their players "division champion" rings.  I could be wrong, but I haven't been able to find where anyone else does.

Point taken about the rings...  But, whether it has a trophy or not, they are in fact, the Western Division Champions ;)

stronguard

I'm happy for the players winning in spite of NuttyBuddy.  But this watering down of the word "champion" has got to stop.  We are in the SEC.  We did not win the SEC, we won a division of the SEC called the west.  Winning that diviion entitled us to play in the SEC Championship game, nothing more.  By the logic that is being used ASU is the NE Ark divison Sun Belt Champion, UCA is the Central Arkansas Divison 1-AA Champion, UAPB is the Southeast Arkansas Black College Division 1-AA Champion, UACCM is the River Valley Community College Intramural Champion, so on and so forth.  Champion is #1, no ifs and or buts. The Florida Gators are the ONLY team that deserves to call itself "Champions".   
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

hog.goblin

Quote from: stronguard on January 14, 2007, 09:23:17 pm
I'm happy for the players winning in spite of NuttyBuddy.  But this watering down of the word "champion" has got to stop.  We are in the SEC.  We did not win the SEC, we won a division of the SEC called the west.  Winning that diviion entitled us to play in the SEC Championship game, nothing more.  By the logic that is being used ASU is the NE Ark divison Sun Belt Champion, UCA is the Central Arkansas Divison 1-AA Champion, UAPB is the Southeast Arkansas Black College Division 1-AA Champion, UACCM is the River Valley Community College Intramural Champion, so on and so forth.  Champion is #1, no ifs and or buts. The Florida Gators are the ONLY team that deserves to call itself "Champions".  

So when the Philadelphia Eagles won the NFC East they really weren't division champs because they didn't win any championships, right?  We won the West...call it what you want but it has to have a title.  The fact that the title is NOT "SEC Champions" should be clear enough to everybody that the goal was not reached.  Not trying to be sarcastic...just trying to find out what the consensus is for the title of SEC West Champs.

hog caller

Nolan believed if he was within 10 with 5 minutes left the hogs woiuld win and he won a lot of them but he had some real shooters .

Pickled Pig

I have two sources who are about as close to the athletic program as you can possibly be....both have confirmed that Heath must get back to the dance and win at least 1 game in the tourney to keep his job; getting back to the tourney isn't going to be enough. On the other hand, if has a really good finish then he is likely going to receive and accept another job offer anyway...particularly if the offer is from a school that is somewhere in the middle to upper United States.....Mrs. Heath isn't happy here and hasn't been from the very beginning....she thinks Fayettevile is too small and doesn't have enough to offer...and that Stan is under-appreciated...apparently her relationships with some of the people in the athletic department aren't that great...she has a real attitude problem...she's been banned from Dillard's for causing a major scene, which she has also done at some of her sons' athletic events.

Bottom line: The window for Stan to stay is very small....if he doesn't do better than he did last year then he's gone (bank it)....and if does substantially better than he's like gone on his volition. If the result is somewhere in between then he'll still be here.

Believe this or don't...it's the truth.

jkcrunch

Quote from: HogFaninGA on January 13, 2007, 10:49:55 pm
Quote from: Karma on January 13, 2007, 10:42:56 pm
Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on January 13, 2007, 08:21:59 pm
Can't fire Heath for a collapse down the stretch. That would be racism. Nutt's team folded down the stretch and they gave him a raise. We shouldn't expect any less for Heath.

This is so stupid. You hate for Nutt blinds you. The football team WON the West. If(when) the b-ball Hogs collapse that will be 5 years and no tourney wins.

It isn't stupid to think that.  Race and the good ole boy system might play a part in it.  We will never know. 

Yes we do know the US Court have spoken on this issue twice.   The reason Nolan got fired was lack of fan support financially, people were still shelling out big bucks to football and buying tix.  Silly people want to think it is about wins and losses