Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does JFB fire Stan if this team collapses down the stretch?

Started by Hogeyeblind, January 13, 2007, 08:11:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogeyeblind

January 13, 2007, 08:11:40 pm Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 11:12:45 am by Hogeyeblind
5 SEC road wins during the Stan Heath era

zwhogfan

It depends on what you mean by collapse down the stretch. If we don't make the NCAA then I say yes he probably does, if we do make the tourney then I imagine Heath will stay another year.

BigHog396

CallMeAl

Can't fire Heath for a collapse down the stretch. That would be racism. Nutt's team folded down the stretch and they gave him a raise. We shouldn't expect any less for Heath.
Hog since birth.

blue

Na, what's the use. Let's don't start firing people now. Let's put all our coaches on  fixed salaries until they decide to move on. We can balance the books easier. Then we can assume our role in the middle, and raise our kids calling the hogs and teach them that it's not about winning, but how you play the game that counts.

Can we start baseball season please? It's the only place you can go these days and see someone wearing a hog uni consistently shove it up the opponent's ass.

Dugann

double standard...stan if don't make ncaa should be gone after this season but he should be given a chance to finish it .......like hdn should been gone this year he had chance to finish ......... jfb should just quilt, and save us all the $'s .
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

dmac_iz_kin

I think it will all hinge on fan interest and attendance. I think they can see dwindling fan interest with heaths teams, and thats going to ultimatly lead to his dismisal. When we start seeing 5 and 6 k for these home sec games (which heath is on the way to providing) then i think he's gone. look at the bright side at least they do ally oops
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

blue

That's funny dmac. I guess there is a bright side to everything.

I think you are correct in your prediction. It would be nice for the AD to have a little foresight and act before it comes to that.

harmonyhog

We can't afford to fire Stan while we are still paying Nolan through 2008. After that he will be gone.

middleman

Please fire him and put us all out of our misery.  Watching that team play is painful.  He has far too much talent to be as bad as they are.  I don't mean their record, they're boring to watch.  I wish him the best and hope the team wins but man they're boring to watch.

PlasmaHog

Quote from: harmonyhog on January 13, 2007, 08:50:57 pm
We can't afford to fire Stan while we are still paying Nolan through 2008. After that he will be gone.

Oh please, if the RF wants Heath gone, they will pony up whatever money is neccesary and Heath will be gone before the sun could set on his shiny head.

missionaryhog

I think so, but I don't think we fold down the stretch.  I think we improve.
"...how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" 

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

BigoBoys

HawgG

Quote from: Hogeyeblind on January 13, 2007, 08:11:40 pm
JFB did not fire Nolan for going 4-16 on the road to start out at Arkansas.
That was 4-16 while playing in the very weak SWC.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I think we should set up the Arkansas Foundation for Coaching Excellence.  We will have a board of directors and our sole purpose will be ensuring that Arkansas has the best coaches in all possible sports.  We will set up a fund that fans can contribute to that will aid in the buyout of crappy coaches.  Each year that a coach isn't canned the funds roll over and grow.  Each year we will also nominate a coach of the year.  The winning coach will be the one we focus on to oust.

The candidates for this year in no particular order.

HDN
Stan
Susie.

I suspect the candidates we remain the same for many years to come.

We will also petition that Razorback Foundation change it's name to the Foundation for Average Results Mediocre Coaches and Aged AD's
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ShellHog

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on January 13, 2007, 08:21:59 pm
Can't fire Heath for a collapse down the stretch. That would be racism. Nutt's team folded down the stretch and they gave him a raise. We shouldn't expect any less for Heath.

HDN WON the SEC West...If Heath Wins the SEC West, give him a raise too....

AltaHog

I do not believe (while JFB is AD) you will see another coach fired.

p.s. I think JFB retires in January of 2008.

BigHog396

Quote from: harmonyhog on January 13, 2007, 08:50:57 pm
Guess you didn't see the report on the total assets of the Razorback Foundation.

This is so stupid. You hate for Nutt blinds you. The football team WON the West. If(when) the b-ball Hogs collapse that will be 5 years and no tourney wins.

Quote from: HawgG on January 13, 2007, 09:53:51 pm
Quote from: Hogeyeblind on January 13, 2007, 08:11:40 pm
JFB did not fire Nolan for going 4-16 on the road to start out at Arkansas.
That was 4-16 while playing in the very weak SWC.
Nolan went to the NIT in year 2. NCAA in year 3. Final 4 in year 5. Are you sure you want to invoke Nolan to defend SH?

HogFaninGA

Quote from: Karma on January 13, 2007, 10:42:56 pm

This is so stupid. You hate for Nutt blinds you. The football team WON the West. If(when) the b-ball Hogs collapse that will be 5 years and no tourney wins.

It isn't stupid to think that.  Race and the good ole boy system might play a part in it.  We will never know. 

Fatty McGee

Where do they keep the SEC West Championship trophy?  Do they get rings?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

HogFaninGA

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 13, 2007, 10:51:10 pm

No, but they do get pretty t-shirts.

StatMaster

If Heath's team wins 6 conference games do you want him to stay?

BentonvilleJeff

Completely different situation with the bball team and football team. The football team won the west. If the bball team wins the west and Stan loses his first round game in the SEC tournament and then the first game in the dance then he would probably still be coaching here. If we finish in the middle of the west and don't do squat in the conference tournament then I think Stan will go and it doesn't matter if his skin in green.

One big difference I'm seeing in Stan's tenure and Nolan's is when the game is on the line. Am I the only one that notices Nolan's teams won a lot more than they lost when the game was on the line. I honestly can't remember one game where Stan's teams have won a last second type game. Does someone remember one? I honestly don't and it seems like it happens often where we're in the game with less than a minute and it's an automatic loss.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Don't know about trophy but they do get rings.  I believe and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the school even got the 1998 team rings when we tied MS State but MSU won the west due to head to head win.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

elksnort

Quote from: blue on January 13, 2007, 08:24:53 pm
Na, what's the use. Let's don't start firing people now. Let's put all our coaches on  fixed salaries until they decide to move on. We can balance the books easier. Then we can assume our role in the middle, and raise our kids calling the hogs and teach them that it's not about winning, but how you play the game that counts.

Can we start baseball season please? It's the only place you can go these days and see someone wearing a hog uni consistently shove it up the opponent's ass.

LOL

HogFaninGA

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2007, 11:00:08 pm

Don't know about trophy but they do get rings.  I believe and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the school even got the 1998 team rings when we tied MS State but MSU won the west due to head to head win.

If that is right, it is a waste of money.

NuttinItUp

BigHog396

The school got the team rings for a non-existent championship.  There is no such thing as a recognized SEC Divisional Champion, only an SEC Champion!

But, if you are HDN, you do things like claiming a non-existent divisional championship to try to make yourself look better.

hogtimer01

If this team totally collapses then I think Stan will be gone.  I do not think that we will see a total collapse.   I believe these young players are going to mature and grow quickly.  I think the hogs will get into the NCAA tourney and even win a first round game to say the least. 

HognotinMemphis

Good point.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

I would be surprised if Nutt didn't go down to Underwood's Jewelers and have a ring made for himself for winning the SEC West.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HawgWyld

Hell, the UA can't fire Heath at all while Nutt still has a job. That would do nothing but invite a lawsuit or two, considering how Nutt's idiocy has been consistently rewarded with raises and contract extensions. If Nutt ever gets canned then Heath had better watch it, but he ought to be safe until then.

HawgWyld

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on January 14, 2007, 07:34:08 am

I would be surprised if Nutt didn't go down to Underwood's Jewelers and have a ring made for himself for winning the SEC West.
Ring or not, Nutt and his fan club will probably brag about this season for at least another decade.

weevilhogg

What if the sun doesn't come up tomorrow?

What if a tornado comes through and destroys my house?

What if Wal Mart runs out of Little Debbie snack cakes?

What if. . . .

What it. . . .

What if. . . .

What if we enjoy the rest of the basketball season and let the chips fall where they may?

Oh my!

CSNuts

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 13, 2007, 11:09:52 pm

The school got the team rings for a non-existent championship.  There is no such thing as a recognized SEC Divisional Champion, only an SEC Champion!

But, if you are HDN, you do things like claiming a non-existent divisional championship to try to make yourself look better.

Well, someone better tell the SEC that there is no such thing as a divisional championship so they can change all the pages on their site.  I know a lot of folks have a distinct disdain for HDN but by belittling the fact that the 2006 Arkansas Razorbacks are recognized by the SEC as the SEC West Divisional Champions, you take away from the team, not Nutt.  Do they get a trophy?  I don't know, but, as per the standings on the SEC Football front page, we are listed as the Western Division Champion and Florida as SEC and Eastern Division Champion.

If you go here, http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=2&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=7899&change_well_id=2 it explains the SEC Football Championship Game Scenarios and everywhere it talks about winning the divisional championship.  This page will tell you about how they handle the SEC Divisional Tie-Breaker and again they call it a "championship", http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=46.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but taking away from the players to spite Nutt is getting old...

wacohog

I see no evidence that excellence is required from the coaches on the hill by JFB

Bomis Hawg

Wow, I thought it was asked about Heath and not Nutt?

If this team doesn't pull a good record out of their hat, then I say it's possible.  Would have to be something very bad -- like 4-6 SEC wins.

8-8 probably would land the Hogs in the NCAAT.  7-9 would be a bubble scenario.  Anything above would improve their stock.

BigHog396

Quote from: CSNuts on January 14, 2007, 08:35:41 am
Quote from: BigHog396 on January 13, 2007, 11:09:52 pm

Well, someone better tell the SEC that there is no such thing as a divisional championship so they can change all the pages on their site.  I know a lot of folks have a distinct disdain for HDN but by belittling the fact that the 2006 Arkansas Razorbacks are recognized by the SEC as the SEC West Divisional Champions, you take away from the team, not Nutt.  Do they get a trophy?  I don't know, but, as per the standings on the SEC Football front page, we are listed as the Western Division Champion and Florida as SEC and Eastern Division Champion.

If you go here, http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=2&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=7899&change_well_id=2 it explains the SEC Football Championship Game Scenarios and everywhere it talks about winning the divisional championship.  This page will tell you about how they handle the SEC Divisional Tie-Breaker and again they call it a "championship", http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=46.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but taking away from the players to spite Nutt is getting old...

Well it looks like I mis-typed.  The fact is, that there is no divisional championship trophy.  To me, anything truely considered a championship in sports, has a championship trophy.  I am not taking anything away from the team, but I also don't believe any other SEC schools get their players "division champion" rings.  I could be wrong, but I haven't been able to find where anyone else does.

pioneerhog

Folks this is plain and simple. We CAN NOT fire Heath after one bad season. Heath's teams have improved every year, as far as records go, Nutt's teams has not done that and he is still here. I am afraid that JFB has set an example for all the current coaches on the Hill and just about has to give them a two year pass as well. If we fire a black coach after one season of a win-lose that does not show improvement then we will be opening ourselves up for a lawsuit. This one would be a lawsuit that they would likely lose.

Topcat

How long has it been since JFB fired someone for a bad seaon? Pioneer is exactly right.

AltaHog

Quote from: opineonswine on January 14, 2007, 11:06:44 am
I honestly have come to the conclusion that Frank is in his sunset year(s) and will not fire anyone.  He just wants to ride out the 50 years and let someone else deal with the coaches. 

I also believe that to be the case.

hog.goblin

Quote from: opineonswine on January 14, 2007, 11:09:00 am
Quote from: pioneerhog on January 14, 2007, 09:55:27 am
Folks this is plain and simple. We CAN NOT fire Heath after one bad season. Heath's teams have improved every year, as far as records go, Nutt's teams has not done that and he is still here. I am afraid that JFB has set an example for all the current coaches on the Hill and just about has to give them a two year pass as well. If we fire a black coach after one season of a win-lose that does not show improvement then we will be opening ourselves up for a lawsuit. This one would be a lawsuit that they would likely lose.

While I tend to agree with your logic of not being right to fire SH when you have let Nutt ride for so long, I disagree with your conclusion on a lawsuit.

This is a hire and fire at-will state.  Unless they can prove we discriminated against SH because of his race, he has no case.  The mere appearance doesn't win the case for them.  It would be very hard for them to prove.

Nolan didn't have much of a case either...but it still became an intense lawsuit.  The UofA won but it was ugly and expensive.  However, I can't see SH suing the University.  He is too classy and knows that options for the next job would be jeopardized by a lawsuit.  All that being said, I don't think we collapse and I don't think he gets fired.

HognotinMemphis

If we replace him with an Indian or a Chinese, would it be okay to fire Heath and keep Nutt?

HawgWyld

Quote from: opineonswine on January 14, 2007, 11:09:00 am

While I tend to agree with your logic of not being right to fire SH when you have let Nutt ride for so long, I disagree with your conclusion on a lawsuit.

This is a hire and fire at-will state.  Unless they can prove we discriminated against SH because of his race, he has no case.  The mere appearance doesn't win the case for them.  It would be very hard for them to prove.
If it's shown the white guy was able to goof around and get rewarded with raises and contract extensions while the black guy was fired after showing season after season of consistent improvement, don't you think the plaintiff's legal team would try to show that the decision to fire Heath was motivated by race? If Heath did bring such a lawsuit, he might not win it. Such cases are rarely won, after all. But, the Athletic Department would still look terrible and isn't that, really, what should be avoided?

So, if you want Heath gone, first start lobbying about firing The Nutt®. That's a good idea anyway, but a really great one if you'd like to see the state rid of Heath.

riccoar

I can tell you John Walker sure hopes Frank pulls that trigger.  He would love to go another round with the UofA.  While I don't think race is or should be the issue, I have a REAL problem with the way the football staff is given a pass by our media, but feel free to expound on Heath's shortcomings and coaching mistakes every press release.  Again, not saying race is the issue, but why can't Wally lambast Nutt instead of constantly making excuses?

riccoar

Quote from: hogapalooza on January 14, 2007, 01:20:30 pm
If we fire Stan how can we keep HDN?  Talk about a Total Collapse down the stretch.....  0 - 3 !

Wally Hall response:  Did you not know all those losses were to teams ranked?

MrsPiggy

The problem Stan has is that he's not from Arkansas - I do no believe that race has anything to do with it.  If Stan were from Arkansas, the press and fans would be much easier on him.  That's why so many people still like Nutt - he's just a "good ole boy" from Arkansas.