Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Arkansas vs Tulsa Game Thread

Started by Adam Stokes, January 02, 2007, 07:06:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Since 1894 on January 02, 2007, 07:53:53 pm
Hunter made a three from the Hyper Building

and he just got fouled inside.

he's playing like a guy who wants minutes....

Since 1894

Took the last foul away from Beverly.  He has 2.

Hogs up 5 with 30 seconds
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Adam Stokes

Vincent Hunter showing he has range.  Just hit a three.

hogfankb

Hogs up 5 at the half. Not very impressive. Not bad but not good.

argus

i really, really like patrick beverly, big gun's and all.

fourthcrusade

MAN that last 3 was literally in, then out... :(

Hogs up at half 29-24.

Close game, horrible shooting by both the first 10 minutes

I REALLY like the inbounds 'D' we played

As soon as Weems and Beverley get off the bench, i think we win by 15

Hill showing fire... I like it!

hogfankb

hill and Hunter have both been solid. Suprisingly.

pc_hawg

Ervin waited too long to take that shot, he was too far out and didn't start making his move until there were about 6-7 seconds left in the half.  If he had made his move at 10 seconds he wouldn't  have had to take such along 3 pointer but would have had that crucial extra couple seconds to make a second move before having to take a shot.

fourthcrusade

Plus, we were 10-10 from the FT line until hunter's last shot, which made us 10-11... not bad at all, 90%!

dbaileyway7

Steven Hill has great hands catching the ball. LOL

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

weevilhogg

Hill has been getting better with each game. . . . .great to see.
Oh my!

Since 1894

hogfankb

Very sloppy game. Weems hasn't done much. Where is townes? We need some scoring from the low block cause our guards aren't doing anything. We need to keep them off the offensive boards too.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: hogfankb on January 02, 2007, 08:22:04 pm
Very sloppy game. Weems hasn't done much. Where is townes? We need some scoring from the low block cause our guards aren't doing anything. We need to keep them off the offensive boards too.
i think he's still hurt

yeah, our rebounding has been terrible.

fourthcrusade

GARRRY ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVIN!!

STEVEN HILL WITH THE STEAL??

WHO ATE THEIR WHEATIES TODAY??

hogfankb

Great game so far from hill. Nice couple of defensive plays in a row right there.

Since 1894

hogfankb

42-40. Somebody. Anybody stop the ball. My gosh.

Bruinstyle2001

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 02, 2007, 08:22:52 pm
i think he's still hurt

yeah, our rebounding has been terrible.

The only thing hurt with Townes is his pride.  Someone in the know said there was an altercation during a timeout between townes and the coaches and he left to go to the locker room.  He has not been seen on the court since then.  It is reported to me that three people have went to the back and no one has come back with Townes.

Since 1894

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Bruinstyle2001 on January 02, 2007, 08:28:46 pm
The only thing hurt with Townes is his pride.  Someone in the know said there was an altercation during a timeout between townes and the coaches and he left to go to the locker room.  He has not been seen on the court since then.  It is reported to me that three people have went to the back and no one has come back with Townes.

Wow... as in during THIS game??

I'll have to check my tivo.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: weevilhogg on January 02, 2007, 08:18:49 pm

It's about time, we are 10+ games into his JR SEASON.  I can't believe it took this long for him to "come around".
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogfankb

Offense is stagnant with Hill/McCurdy in at the same time. Having 2 nonscoring options in at the same time is not good.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hogfankb

56-48. Hill with a foul as he gets a defensive rebound. Well atleast he got a rebound.

John Futrall

56-48  Hogs.....Arkansas "holding off" the mighty Golden Hurricanes   :-\

Rawkus

The officiating has been awful this entire game.

nobballconcept

if Townes is whining again...he needs to be removed from the team.  waste of talent

Since 1894

fourthcrusade

John Futrall

Bruinstyle2001

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 02, 2007, 08:31:04 pm
Wow... as in during THIS game??

I'll have to check my tivo.

It was during this game.  Apparently he said some inappropriate comments to the coaches and left.

hogfankb

John Futrall

VetRock

Quote from: weevilhogg on January 02, 2007, 08:18:49 pm

your boy is having a great game.  will he be consistent though?
"Gaps!"
"Gaps?"
"Yeah, Gaps.  She got gaps, I got gaps, together we got no gaps."
---From The Movie "Rocky"

fourthcrusade

WHAT THE HECK

CHARLES WAS PLANTED

WTH WTH WTH

hogs still up 59 48     6 min

John Futrall

Since 1894

+12 and Calling the Hogs

4:58 left

61 - 49

fourthcrusade

ADG Headline Tomorrow "OVER THE HILL"

HOGS 61
Tulsa 49  

5 min left

hogfankb

I did not see townes on the sideline during that timeout.

Unbelievable.

Since 1894

John Futrall

Since 1894

hogfankb

MDH

"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

VetRock

I was feeling pretty good about beating a 9-2 team, until i looked at who they beat.  Talk about cupcake.  Still, I'm happy.
"Gaps!"
"Gaps?"
"Yeah, Gaps.  She got gaps, I got gaps, together we got no gaps."
---From The Movie "Rocky"

fourthcrusade