Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Arkansas/Texas Bball Thread

Started by Table Rocker, December 20, 2006, 08:04:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

doo-ran

I swear to god that Matt Hill is PulledPorks baby boy. ;)

fourthcrusade

I JUST HEARD SOMEONE SCREAM   F---    ON CAMERA.  AFTER THOMAS SCORED. ANYONE ELSE??? :)

98hogs

Is anyone a Charles Thomas Fan!!!!!!!!!  I am.  The guy plays with heart.

razorprep

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 20, 2006, 08:49:54 pm
worse hair, our hill or their hill
two hills make a mountain of bad hair...  (see big worm on friday)

razorprep

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: fourthcrusade on December 20, 2006, 08:50:48 pm
I JUST HEARD SOMEONE SCREAM   F---   ON CAMERA.  AFTER THOMAS SCORED. ANYONE ELSE??? :)
yeah...snicker snicker
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HoopS

Both Hills have equally bad hair.   Maybe you could shave the other guys hair Table?

pigmania

razorprep

I JUST HEARD SOMEONE SCREAM   F---   ON CAMERA.  AFTER THOMAS SCORED. ANYONE ELSE??? :)
confirmed

Table Rocker

i think it was ervin trying to catch his man

Arkiejared

well...halftime down by 4...1st half thoughts?

razorprep

hogfankb

Missed a good chance to get it within 2.

Table Rocker

Quote from: HoopSlap on December 20, 2006, 08:51:36 pm
Both Hills have equally bad hair.   Maybe you could shave the other guys hair Table?

yeah i wouldn't be afraid of that napoleon dynamite lookin motha!

razorprep

fourthcrusade

HALFTIME

TEXAS      41
ARKANSAS 37

Arkansas on a 9-4 run since last to.

Other than the 178 FOULS committed on that last play with 1 second to go, we have come back well!

doo-ran

I just yelled F--- at my T.V. Maybe you heard me... ;)

ste4236

Quote from: razorprep on December 20, 2006, 08:51:48 pm
I JUST HEARD SOMEONE SCREAM   F---    ON CAMERA.  AFTER THOMAS SCORED. ANYONE ELSE??? :)
confirmed

Yea. Beverley made a poor pass there at the end

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

Table Rocker

Quote from: Arkiejared on December 20, 2006, 08:52:18 pm

tell me before the game we're gonna be down 4 at halftime and i ask you for some of what you're passing around.

hogfankb

Their coach is an idiot for playing zone. It is pretty obvious we can't score against a tough man.

Good first half I thought. They hit some pretty lucky shots. And we gave up some easy ones to start. We are in this. Come out and play hard and give yourself a chance to win it in the final minute.

pigmania

How many times are these idiots going keep bringing up Bucknell?

HoopS

Hey, dude doesn't have any skills either.   He may be Nap's bro?

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Arkiejared on December 20, 2006, 08:52:18 pm

-take it inside?  CHECK
-get fouls on durant? CHECK
-stop shooting 3s? a wash, we are making them now
-get better ball handling by earvin after he sees the train wreck that is mccurdy? CHECK
-remove "paddles" hill from the game and use townes/thomas more? GETTING THERE

heck i even saw stan jumping and showing emotion.  i'm proud of how we look right now, after weathering that run when they got up by 10, but we need to push them around more underneath the basket

we are looking BETTER THAT I EXPECTED, but we are still behind.  go hogs!

WoooPigSooie

Happy to be only down by 4.  Cold shooting and TO's have hurt us...and lack of defensive rebounding.

I smell an upset.
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

mountainhog

whoever is at point needs to penetrate the zone more.  I havent seen anyone do that since mccurdy was a freshman.

DevilHog

We are getting jobbed on some calls. It seems easier for us to foul than them, but I think they look good. Weems needs to be more assertive, Beverly is playing well, as are Welsh and Ervin. Thomas is a beast, I just hope we win, because I HATE TEXAS.

fourthcrusade

Is everyone here glad we went after Beverley instead of Ramar "bruce pearl bought me a hummer" Smith?

Table Rocker

hey crusade what does your avatar say?

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 20, 2006, 08:57:17 pm
hey crusade what does your avatar say?

oh its that old poll on 'what is the problem with the offense' from that ft smith news station a few days ago... i should change it

(the result was "60% say nutt is the problem"... typical darkside drivel ;))

razorprep

Quote from: pigmania on December 20, 2006, 08:54:23 pm
How many times are these idiots going keep bringing up Bucknell?
forever....  why not just mention the Citadel also!

elksnort

Quote from: HoopSlap on December 20, 2006, 08:16:07 pm
We have the worst set of PGs in the country.   Might as well nickname the Apple and Peach because they both make lots of turnovers.
This is funny! I was pissed till I read this.

doo-ran

I hope we can when this game. Maybe if I quit watching it and instead drink some homebrew, we will win. Ok, Ok, I know, I shouldn't need an excuse to drink beer when watching the Hogs.  8)

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: mountainhog on December 20, 2006, 08:56:13 pm
whoever is at point needs to penetrate the zone more.  I havent seen anyone do that since mccurdy was a freshman.

I agree mountainhog.  That also opens up Thomas and Townes when the helpside comes over.  
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

VetRock

We have such a hard time passing it inside.  These guys are just standing there. Why can't we set some screens or something.  Anything.  ???
"Gaps!"
"Gaps?"
"Yeah, Gaps.  She got gaps, I got gaps, together we got no gaps."
---From The Movie "Rocky"

Table Rocker

Quote from: doo-ran on December 20, 2006, 08:58:32 pm
I hope we can when this game. Maybe if I quit watching it and instead drink some homebrew, we will win. Ok, Ok, I know, I shouldn't need an excuse to drink beer when watching the Hogs.  8)

the beauty of being a fan is you can drink in celebration or disappointment

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on December 20, 2006, 08:57:41 pm
I just got home.  Very surprised.  See what happens in the 2nd half.

you would be proud we are actually using our legs, they have had some bucknell like 3's and hit about FIVE shots that hit high on the backboard and banked in.   what is this, the pistol pete maravich basketball clinic?  crazy.

we look better than i expected, imo.  

AND... Texas hasn't missed any FTs, and we've missed 2.  that won't last for Te-Jas

HogginAllDay&Nite

Yea I agree with Vetrock, It just seems like the perimeter guys are scared to throw in into the post, but if we can bank a couple of threes maybe we'll change that
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

mountainhog

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on December 20, 2006, 08:58:34 pm
Quote from: mountainhog on December 20, 2006, 08:56:13 pm

I agree mountainhog.  That also opens up Thomas and Townes when the helpside comes over.  

Yes or a kickout for an open 3!

TushCrush

Quote from: Arkiejared on December 20, 2006, 08:42:55 pm
DON'T PICK UP YOUR DRIBBLE AT THE TOP OF THE KEY!!!!   >:( >:(

No ... we must pick up your dribble every time we can. It enhances our ability to stand around.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: VetRock on December 20, 2006, 08:58:49 pm
We have such a hard time passing it inside.  These guys are just standing there. Why can't we set some screens or something.  Anything.  ???

agreed .  they are so nervous to pass it in, and townes and thomas can actually catch passes.  hill on the other hand.....

razorprep

Niels Boar

Offensive rebounding kept us in the game.  Our O spends way too much time above the foul line.  The first pass to the wing is sometimes 5 feet above the charity stripe.  Lots of bad first shots resulted, but we picked up enough second opportunities.  Good things happen when we get deeper into the court.  Pace was good.  We ran opportunistically.  They are better than us in an all-out scramble.  Making them play halfcourt on O exposes their lack of a post game, and we can find Abrams.

raiseherback

Here's a novel thought...How about MOVING AROUND a little when we are on offense.  You want to watch, get a TV!!!  Move your arse and you may be able to give the passer something to throw to.
I am easily satisfied with the very best! 
- Winston Churchill

doo-ran

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 20, 2006, 08:59:39 pm
Quote from: doo-ran on December 20, 2006, 08:58:32 pm

the beauty of being a fan is you can drink in celebration or disappointment
Tis very true indeed. :)

HogginAllDay&Nite

And is it me or does it seem like Steven Hill can't move his feet...He's like a shot-blocking tree out there
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

mountainhog

If hipsher was hired to teach the motion offense , well, then fire him!!

razorprep

Quote from: raiseherback on December 20, 2006, 09:01:43 pm
Here's a novel thought...How about MOVING AROUND a little when we are on offense.  You want to watch, get a TV!!!  Move your arse and you may be able to give the passer something to throw to.

no, no, no, that's not our game.  if we move we might get disoriented and forget where the basket is.  much better to stand firmly!