Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will you say?

Started by #69, October 21, 2008, 03:51:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What will you say or what will be your reaction if ole miss wins this weekend?

Hogsnort

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

it's Mallet time - as MC Petrino would say...

Suidae

Styflin

"We are turning the corner and jumping hurdles"  "Just a few plays away"

Ironhawg

Quote from: #69 on October 21, 2008, 03:51:31 am

Go back to the old miss board troll.

rzrbaxfan

"Nutt won the battle, Petrino will win the war"

This year will likely be the only year the Rebs have a chance.  Despite the ups and downs of this year, the future is brighter for the hogs than it will ever be for the Rebels, especially with captain mediocrity calling the plays over there.

My love for the hogs and optimism for the future does not hinge on the outcome of this week.  Some need this week to "heal the wounds" Nutt left...but my wounds healed when we hired Petrino.

HOGWILD_F4I

Same excuses.. freshment starting.. studs hurt.... etc.. etc..

want2be

Nutter ruined Dick

moehog

I am proud of the improvements our team has made, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I will say a much more experienced team, a more talented team won because talent and experience win most every game. I will say our future is bright and that I am more impressed by the professionalism of our coaches and team than any team in the last 20 years. And I will be proud to say I am a fan of the Arkansas Razorbacks. I will say I would take our coach over theirs any day of the week. I will say how impressive our coaching staff has made us competitive playing 20 + freshmen / redshirt freshmen.
But I really don't think I will have to say any of that.
"There is no hope for the satisfied man."

PorkCheops

This is what I expected last spring, last summer, and last week.  Great coaching can't overcome lack of talent, but great talent can overcome lack of coaching.
"The problem is not only to win souls but to save minds. If you win the whole world and lose the mind of the world, you will soon discover that you have not won the world. Indeed it may turn out that you have actually lost the world."  Charles Malik

Steef

Wooooo PIG!! Soooieee!!

Who's next!? Bring me somebody!

I want to win this game just like everyone else. If we do...great. If we don't...we will next year.

It's football, not chemotherapy.

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: PorkCheops on October 21, 2008, 06:45:45 am
This is what I expected last spring, last summer, and last week.  Great coaching can't overcome lack of talent, but great talent can overcome lack of coaching.

Right on target!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Milton

every nutt gets lucky a few times
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

HogFansReunited

I really don't expect a lot from the team this year.  We have a first year coach and a very young team.  We could lose the rest of the games this season and I would be OK with it as long as BP gets the players ready for next season and does a good job recruiting.  I trust that BP will do this.  Give him a few year to get the team built up and going.  Hell, we gave TCTWF a two year pass for nothing we can at least give BP a few years to correct all of TCTWF's mistakes.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

The Boar War

If we lose I will hate it because Houston deserves to lose this one big time.  But honestly we have to take into account the experience and talent of the Ole Miss team.  REbel fans better enjoy it this year because I don't see it getting any better than this.

One thing I won't do is call local talk shows and say (between picking boogers) "Well we lost again.  I was wondering what ya'll thought about Houston now?"  Wake up you idiots, Houston lost last week too.

razorsharptusk

October 21, 2008, 07:14:16 am #16 Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:16:09 am by razorsharptusk
Ahhh. Whatever.  I want the Hogs to win this game more than anything, but if you look at the experience of the players for each ball club, and be honest with yourself, OM has the upper hand.  If you can't come into a stadium and beat a much more inexperienced and young football team
with a bunch of experienced seniors at the helm, then I don't know what to say for you. I do know this.  No one thought Oregon St. would beat USC. There have been 7-0 teams get their butts handed to them by lesser teams. This is the SEC, you better come to play every week.  Go Hogs!!
GO HOGS!!

SherriM122

If we lose, it's just residual left over from the former staff on both teams.  I think Petrino has made leaps in improving, and his recruiting shows that.  I have so much respect for him the way he handles the losses and then gets the team back up for the next game.  I don't see Nutt improving OM the way Petrino is taking charge in Arkansas.

If we lose Saturday, it will be disappointing but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  This Saturday will be TCTWF's best chance of winning, because the Hogs future looks bright.

GO HOGS!!!

Texman

Tripod1

To be expected this year.  Todays Ark/Dem had a good article about recruiting and Petrino.  He is making inroads into Texas, has assembled by some experts a top 10 class, getting better athletes than the coach before him got.  A good read that will help ease your anxiety so I encourage everyone to take a look at this article and see that GREAT days are ahead for the Hogs and fans.

Landonhog

I couldn't care less if Ole Miss wins this year...  Hog fans are WAY to short sighted.  We have a coach and a future.  Ole MIss does not.

jst01

I'll say "Big whoop".  OM should be favored.  They are a better team
right now.  I think both coaches will be very professional about the
game no matter what the outcome is and move on like any other
game. 

havok

October 21, 2008, 08:14:55 am #22 Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:17:45 am by havok
I will say...  enjoy it..it will be the last time, becasue Arkansas will never be this low in talent, and the dork will never have as much talent at Ole Miss as they do now.

l...let a couple of recruiting rankings in the 30's sink in, and those players hit the field, then they will beg Orgeron to come back.

Hawgz4Life

Hawgndaaz

I would compare Ole Miss winning to one of your friends bragging about getting laid by a fat chick...

Good for them, but they still have to wake up Sunday morning with MOTHO next to em...

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: #69 on October 21, 2008, 03:51:31 am

I fully expect it.  Houston Nutt is the king of single-game motivation.  His team will play out of their heads, and he knows very well how easy it is to get the Fayetteville crowd to sit down and shut up.  We're just getting this first meeting out of the way, so Bobby Petrino can proceed with the process of cleaning up the disastrously disorganized program that Nutt left him.
[CENSORED]!

Coach Obvious

I would say, "Everybody better get their licks in while they can..."

fdx flyer

Lots of Sunday School answers on this topic.  I'll admit it - I'll be pissed and probably won't want to talk to anybody for a couple of hours (kinda like this past Saturday).  Don't get me wrong.  I love our new staff.  I'm not gonna be trying to place blame, etc, etc; but it will be a hard loss to stomach if it happens.

I'm hoping Casey plays like he's got something to prove and somehow we beat the heck out the rebs.  Go Hogs!

Jdub

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on October 21, 2008, 08:49:58 am

Exactly, because in a couple of years it will be payback time.  Hanging 50 on some peeps will be common.

WOOOO PIG!

Simple Swineman

Quote from: Landonhog on October 21, 2008, 08:10:53 am
I couldn't care less if Ole Miss wins this year...  Hog fans are WAY to short sighted. 

You said a mouthful there. If there is anything I have learned over the past two years it
is how short sighted hog fans are. All season long I have been in awe of the ignorance
of some of our fans.

There is no doubt that there are fans out there that will use the Ole Miss game to
determine if the right decision was made. Unbelievable.

The Hogfather

IF Ole Miss wins this year, it will be no different than any of our other losses.  They better get their wins in this year because it isn't going to be as easy to get them against us from here on out.

Sivad

I'll say:

That it is still fun being a Razorback fan again;
That we are so much better off having fired Nutt; and
That I am really glad Petrino is our coach.

All the while having a big ole grin on my face knowing that Nutt and his posse are leaving the state right after the game.

hillhog

It is good reading the replies so far. Not one bashing the coaching staff or players. One mentioned Dork getting  his two year pass, but inadvertently didn't mention that this came in the middle of his tenure after he had had years to get his recruiting in place to assure continued studs coming on board, unlike Petrino who has to start from basically ground zero.
I too will have blood pressure problems if we lose but in the brief seconds of rationale will know the truth, we are on the rise and in much better position for the future of the program. WPS whip the Rebels

hogrider

Ol' P**s has the size and the talent. That is the reason they are picked to win. If we win this game I will be elated, but if we lose, it's only something I expected.

Our future is in good hands with BP.  Go Hogs!!!

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Jdub on October 21, 2008, 08:59:16 am
Exactly, because in a couple of years it will be payback time.  Hanging 50 on some peeps will be common.

WOOOO PIG!

Yep! And if hanging 50 is common, BP will probably want to go "above average" on Nutt in years to come.

toozakpig

Yes I will be upset! Yet they had better enjoy it because the machine is starting to put the pieces together.

GrumpyHog

I'm so happy Nutt and the MSM are out of here, a lose will make no difference to me. I'm thankful for BP and the future of Razorback Football.

Go Hogs!!

pitbull1

A blind squirrel finds a Nutt every now and then.

OTTER

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on October 21, 2008, 08:49:58 am
Yep, because in a short time, we will return the arse kickings times 10!!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

scarolinahog

I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

RAZORROUGE

Quote from: Tripod1 on October 21, 2008, 08:05:20 am
To be expected this year.  Todays Ark/Dem had a good article about recruiting and Petrino.  He is making inroads into Texas, has assembled by some experts a top 10 class, getting better athletes than the coach before him got.  A good read that will help ease your anxiety so I encourage everyone to take a look at this article and see that GREAT days are ahead for the Hogs and fans.
link

Porkette

I certainly won't be surprised. I've had the feeling all along that Ole Miss will win this one because of their greater talent/experience level and because Nutt has had this game circled in red ink on his calendar since the day he took the job there.

Still, my "feeling" doesn't have any real base in anything and I will be there cheering regardless, hopng I was very wrong!! If we don't win this year, it's already a given that the change we made makes us better off for the long term. The future is bright!  ;D :razorback:
GO HOGS GO!

Conway4Hogs

They better savor it because it will be a longggggg time before it happens again

rogers-hog

am i not  a real fan if i get upset if we lose?

Eggcellent

webbgem

Judging from reading this board after a loss, I figure a whole host of fans will blame it on the refs.
Apparently, and this is something I had no idea of, there is a vast conspiracy by the SEC referees
to make sure Petrino is punished his first year in the SEC by intentionally blowing calls.  WHO KNEW?!
Matthew 6:34

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I'lll say: "I can't wait to check out Hogville after this one." And then I'll be entertained for hours thereafter.

austin.hogfan

All I know is that if we lose, no deer better show up Sunday morning in front of my stand.....or hog.....or coyote.....or bobcat.....or bear.....or skunk.....or turkey.....or armadillo.....or even someone's house cat! :-[

Boardon Hamsay

I'll say, "even the sun finds a way to shine on a dog's arse somedays".  Then I'll crack open a fresh "cold pop" and move on.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Maximus_Hog

If I can survive Sterner's fumble , I can survive this