Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Homerun fest....

Started by 870hogg, October 21, 2007, 09:43:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

870hogg

Can you imagine how much fun Big Papi and Manny will have at Coors Field hitting homeruns....I know the Rockies are on a run but if the Sox go to Coors it's gonna get ug-ly with a capital UG!!

hogblade

Forget Papi and Manny, Watch out for Youkilis, Pedroia and J.D. Drew!

razorduck

I hate the Red Sux. If the Rockies beat Beckett in game 1 look for the Rockies to break out the broom!!!

RD
Hit that line, Hit that line, keep on going....

hoglady

Go Sox!!!!!!!!!   Don't know who's going to win the series, but it should be fun.  The Sox sure know how to have fun - they partied with the fans at Fenway a long time last night. I thought Terry Francona really did a good job managing that series, he really doesn't ever get much recognition - but this series every move seemed right on.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogblade

Quote from: razorduck on October 22, 2007, 04:17:23 pm
I hate the Red Sux. If the Rockies beat Beckett in game 1 look for the Rockies to break out the broom!!!

RD
\

Wait, so if Francis wins game 1, then the Red Sox should be afraid of Josh Fogg, Ubaldo Jimenez, Franklin Morales or Aaron Cook of shutting them down. Jeff Francis is a good pitcher.

No one else scares me.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: hogblade on October 22, 2007, 05:25:07 pm
Quote from: razorduck on October 22, 2007, 04:17:23 pm

RD
\

Wait, so if Francis wins game 1, then the Red Sox should be afraid of Josh Fogg, Ubaldo Jimenez, Franklin Morales or Aaron Cook of shutting them down. Jeff Francis is a good pitcher.

No one else scares me.
I'm sure the D-Backs and Phillies were thinking the same thing as well.  The Rockies have the lowest team ERA since the All-Star break.  I think it is around 2.80 or so.  They sure have been doing something right.

hogblade

Fogg's ERA stayed about the same since the All-Star break, Jimenez was up and down, Morales hasn't pitched much period, and Aaron Cook is Aaron Cook...

I realize this pitching staff dominated the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Phillies, but neither of those teams have any veterans or much playoff/big game experience.

I will gladly eat my words, but I think the carefree attitude of the Red Sox will benefit them again.

In 2004, The Cardinals looked like a hard time to beat as well, not anywhere near as dominating as the Rockies have looked but still.

I just don't see how the Rockies can't keep it up, but you never know. Rockies have been sitting at home waiting a long time too.

Red Sox in 6!

Hogtropolis™

That's the thing that I think will hurt the Rockies the most is that they haven't played in over a week.  Taking a week off is the worst thing for a team that is hot.