Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cardinals Manager LaRussa Arrested

Started by "Pickled" Pig's Pete, March 22, 2007, 08:32:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

badbrad

NEAHawgfan

That's hilarious!!! Put his ass under the jail!!!!!!!!!!

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AstroHawg

He probably had gotten into a fight with one of his puppies.

AstroHawg

Quote from: NEAHawgfan on March 22, 2007, 08:38:00 am

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy there hoss.  Don't forget Bobby Cox likes to beat the sh#t out of his wife. 

SigPig

How the hell was he passed out with a BAC of .09. What a lightweight. I wonder if there was anything else involved- medications maybe.

The Marmot

Quote from: AstroHawg on March 22, 2007, 08:38:32 am

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy there hoss.  Don't forget Bobby Cox likes to beat the sh#t out of his wife. 

Ouch
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

HOGansHero

He probably was waiting in the intersection for his designated driver.  ;)

HogBaptist

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he wasn't arrested yesterday for it.

arklahoman36

That's classic. Drunk and asleep at the wheel halfway in an intersection.
Could've only been better if a tranny prostitute was going through his pockets when the cops walked up.

spudhog

Quote from: HogBaptist on March 22, 2007, 08:41:04 am

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he wasn't arrested yesterday for it.

that's funny stuff right there.

John Futrall

Quote from: SignaturePig on March 22, 2007, 08:40:11 am
How the hell was he passed out with a BAC of .09. What a lightweight. I wonder if there was anything else involved- medications maybe.

We're talking about the Cardinals here, remember? ;) If he was an "Old Style" Cubs player or manager, this wouldn't have been an issue..

Go Cubs!

inhognation

Well on top of the fact that he was only .093, he is a 62 year old man out at 4 AM.  I am not sure he was passed out from alcohol as much as he was asleep at the wheel.

Either way it was dumb and a horrible example to set as a role model for his team.

spudhog

i think tony has battled this demon before if i am not mistaken. not saying he ruined multiple years of sobriety last night but i believe he has taken treatment for the disease before. he's a worrier and obsessive over ever detail of a game. classic signs of an dependent. let's hope for he and his family that this problem is corrected.

cosmodrum

Did anybody notice that he barely blew over the legal limt? So it's not like he was completely hammered. But alseep at a stoplight? I guess it doesn't take much for him.

Go away, batin'

SigPig

March 22, 2007, 08:52:11 am #15 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:57:53 am by SignaturePig
Quote from: inhognation on March 22, 2007, 08:45:38 am

Well on top of the fact that he was only .093, he is a 62 year old man out at 4 AM.  I am not sure he was passed out from alcohol as much as he was asleep at the wheel.

Either way it was dumb and a horrible example to set as a role model for his team.
They booked him at 4 am- that means he could've been arrested 2-3 hrs. before that at least- Still makes it a late night, but don't be confused by the booking time and arrest time (which isn't listed). Seems the author conveniently left that out.
I know it says arrested and booked- but the two never happen simultaneously. I'm betting he was taken in for the suspicion of DUI when they found him, had him blow at the station, arrested him, and then booked him.

booogaga

thats not good  i am a huge cardinals fan. this will be a distraction. not good.
GO HOGS!

SigPig

Quote from: mikeyg31 on March 22, 2007, 08:44:53 am

We're talking about the Cardinals here, remember? ;) If he was an "Old Style" Cubs player or manager, this wouldn't have been an issue..

Go Cubs!
Maybe he's still celebrating the World Series win the CARDINALS got last year. Eat that Cubs!

John Futrall

Quote from: SignaturePig on March 22, 2007, 08:54:26 am

Go Cubs!
Maybe he's still celebrating the World Series win the CARDINALS got last year. Eat that Cubs!

I never said that the Cubs had a better baseball team, just that they could hold their liquor better than the Cardinals..

Still...Go Cubs!

kitshicker

Between MLB managers getting dui's, beating their wives, and having their names in books listing call girls customers, you would think they were politicians.

whatsshakinbacon

Go Cubs!

Only because the civilized world cares little about non-contenders.

;)

Bacon out...

inhognation

Quote from: SignaturePig on March 22, 2007, 08:52:11 am
Quote from: inhognation on March 22, 2007, 08:45:38 am

They booked him at 4 am- that means he could've been arrested 2-3 hrs. before that at least- Still makes it a late night, but don't be confused by the booking time and arrest time (which isn't listed). Seems the author conveniently left that out.

That could be true, really don't know from the story what time he was pulled over. 

It's obvious from my avatar that I am a Cardinals fan, but he should get arrested for being asleep at the wheel and over the legal limit, regardless of who he is or that he was barely over the limit or if he is a lightweight.  I was noticing that he was out late,  and he is 62, so he may not have been hammered or passed out drunk as much as he fell asleep at the wheel.  Either way it's bad.

John Futrall

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on March 22, 2007, 08:56:57 am

Go Cubs!

Only because the civilized world cares little about non-contenders.

;)

Bacon out...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=124467.msg1866830#msg1866830

stl590

March 22, 2007, 09:03:25 am #23 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:12:25 am by stl590
are makiing fun of him for being 62 and out past midnight.  Come on, this is simply false information, it states in the article that he had been asleep for quite some time!  I'm guessing he might have been asleep before 11!  Haha

inhognation

Baseball players are notorious for practical jokes.  I am not sure how he would take them, because he seems to be a no nonsense kind of a guy on the surface, but there will surely be some opportunities with this one in the club house.

PiggyBack

My guess is that cubbie fans can hold their liquor a little better because they stay drunk to escape from reality.  Just a hunch.

Completely
Useless
By
September

GO CARDS!!  2006 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Table Rocker

Quote from: inhognation on March 22, 2007, 09:06:30 am
Baseball players are notorious for practical jokes.  I am not sure how he would take them, because he seems to be a no nonsense kind of a guy on the surface, but there will surely be some opportunities with this one in the club house.

i heard on the radio this morning he was found around midnight.

HOGansHero

HOGansHero

Real Men of Genius...Mister slumped over the wheel at 1 am guy...A.B. St. Louis Mo.   :puke:

195bc

As a buddy, who is a die-hard Cardinals fan, put it: "That's what happens to a vegetarian anti-hunter. The guy is so weak from not eating meat he has four or five beers and passes out."

MCPeePants

I think that is the only logical conclusion. There isn't any way a grown man would pass out in the middle of driving somewhere with just a (barely above the legal limit) BA content of .093. There hast to have been something else in his system.

311Hog

yeah i dont think you all noticed but the police officer said that the car LaRussa was driving was still in drive and that his foot just happened to still be on the brake. I dunno how long he could have been asleep with his foot on the brake but that is a disaster just waiting to happen right there.

I mean foot slips off, car slowly rolls out into the intersection.

JusPiggin

LOL HA HA HA HA LOL
        GO METS

LyonHog

Quote from: mikeyg31 on March 22, 2007, 08:56:01 am

Go Cubs!

I never said that the Cubs had a better baseball team, just that they could hold their liquor better than the Cardinals..

Still...Go Cubs!

I'll let your cubs hold the liqour while the cards try to hold up the WS rings  ;D

Table Rocker

Quote from: JusPiggin on March 22, 2007, 11:19:48 am
LOL HA HA HA HA LOL
        GO METS

i'm glad you mets fans have something to cheer about today

jostrowski

The cards had a good season last year, but that's last year.  What about the cards record against the cubs?  The cubs own the cards.  To bad the cards can't get it done there.

GO CUBS

Table Rocker

Quote from: jostrowski on March 22, 2007, 11:59:02 am
The cards had a good season last year, but that's last year.  What about the cards record against the cubs?  The cubs own the cards.  To bad the cards can't get it done there.

GO CUBS

you poor, poor man. i'll take 0-20 against the cubs every year in exchange for a ring. i guess a franchise with the lack of success the cubs have had over the past century you have to hang your hats on something. are you prepared for another season of disappointment?

John Futrall

Quote from: PiggyBack on March 22, 2007, 09:06:38 am
My guess is that cubbie fans can hold their liquor a little better because they stay drunk to escape from reality.  Just a hunch.

Completely
Useless
By
September

GO CARDS!!  2006 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

DING DING DING ! We have a winner! :)

Go Cubs!

John Futrall

Quote from: LyonHog on March 22, 2007, 11:20:11 am
Quote from: mikeyg31 on March 22, 2007, 08:56:01 am

Go Cubs!

Still...Go Cubs!

I'll let your cubs hold the liqour while the cards try to hold up the WS rings  ;D

Very funny :) +1

oldfart

that was my thought also.  that BAC can impair your reactions but shouldnt knock you out.....

dotnet

This really is pathetic.  He could kill someone DUI.  I didn't like him before this, and I won't like him after.

Seriously, I hope he gets help.  I can think of a couple weekends during the year that would be ideal.

KY Hog Man

Quote from: booogaga on March 22, 2007, 08:53:48 am
thats not good  i am a huge cardinals fan. this will be a distraction. not good.

This distraction won't last past May 1st and the Cards are going to have a bad April anyway.  Look for them to come alive in June.

hogzirra

You Cards fans should look on the bright side, at least he is not an alcoholic.  A real drinker can still drive effectively at 0.2 on a consistent basis, at least that has been my observation over the years.
"The smell of fat chicks throws my spine out of place"

-David Bowie

HOGansHero

jostrowski

you poor, poor man. i'll take 0-20 against the cubs every year in exchange for a ring. i guess a franchise with the lack of success the cubs have had over the past century you have to hang your hats on something. are you prepared for another season of disappointment?
[/quote]

not hanging my hat on anything. just saying that a team that's is suppose to be so dominate can't manage to win against the bad team.  always prepaired to see how things unfold.  its like watching hogs athletics. :)

inhognation

Quote from: jostrowski on March 22, 2007, 12:32:56 pm

not hanging my hat on anything. just saying that a team that's is suppose to be so dominate can't manage to win against the bad team.  always prepaired to see how things unfold.  its like watching hogs athletics. :)
[/quote]

I don't think the cards were a dominating team last year, but despite their in season record against the cubs, the cardinals did manage to win the World Series last year and played in the World Series in 2004.  When was the last time the cubs were in the series or won a series (1908).  I think that the cardinals post season record stands on its own when compared to the lovable losers from Chicago.

I don't think the cardinals in season record last year is bothering them since they have the rings.

HOGansHero

Quote from: KY Hog Man on March 22, 2007, 12:19:19 pm
Quote from: booogaga on March 22, 2007, 08:53:48 am

This distraction won't last past May 1st and the Cards are going to have a bad April anyway.  Look for them to come alive in June.

Your avatar is a distraction...but a good one.

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.