Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Bielema should hire a recruiter over a coach :)

Started by codeHog, September 17, 2017, 02:32:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

codeHog

I know you have to be able to coach but coach Bielema never seems to hire a guy that is first...A RECRUITER.

Pure speculation but think about Gators WR T. Cleveland. I say that it is possible that if he had signed with us and not Florida...maybe the Vols beat Florida and we beat TCU. One great player can for sure make game changing plays.

If we had Dak Prescott.......Miss St is a after thought for a few years and Arkansas is giving Bielema a raise.

Clemson and Alabama prove each weekend why recruiting trump coaching and if you can do both, you can win a NC

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: codeHog on September 17, 2017, 02:32:33 pm
I know you have to be able to coach but coach Bielema never seems to hire a guy that is first...A RECRUITER.

Pure speculation but think about Gators WR T. Cleveland. I say that it is possible that if he had signed with us and not Florida...maybe the Vols beat Florida and we beat TCU. One great player can for sure make game changing plays.

If we had Dak Prescott.......Miss St is a after thought for a few years and Arkansas is giving Bielema a raise.

Clemson and Alabama prove each weekend why recruiting trump coaching and if you can do both, you can win a NC

Recruiting has been on a steady incline...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PonderinHog

I guess wanting both is just too damn much to ask...

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 17, 2017, 02:39:13 pm

Yes, the floor is rising.  The ceiling remains the same.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: codeHog on September 17, 2017, 02:32:33 pm

I seriously doubt BB would have recruited a guy like Dak, but a guy like Cleveland might have added a extra win last year.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Al Boarland

codeHog

maybe he would have held off the second half blitz we got from Missouri and VT. I mean if he gets one TD catch in each second half, maybe we win

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

mopork

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Jek Tono Porkins

One thing that gave me hope when he first got here was the apparent reality of an actual recruiting pipeline to South Florida. He signed some good players out of South Florida the first couple of years but since then it's kind of dried up, undoubtedly because many of them ended up being in Bielema's doghouse. Ok, I understand, but that has to be made up for somewhere else.

We've been 9th, 10th, or 11th in the SEC in recruiting ever since Bielema got here. That's par for the course, and we all understand that it's not easy to recruit to Arkansas. But that's part of the reason why Bielema was hired. His recruiting rankings at Wisconsin weren't good but they made up for it with an extensive redshirt program and high retention rates. The idea was that he was going to come here and eventually we'd have a rotating stable every year of redshirt junior and senior players ready to roll, particularly on the offensive line. Look back at the Wisconsin depth charts and it was juniors and seniors at almost every position. Sophomore starters were rare and freshman starters were unheard of.

Cut to year 5 and nope, that isn't the case at all. I think it may very well be the case that Barry is the genius behind that system at Wisconsin. Cut to 2017 and Wisconsin is still that way. Look at their depth chart:
http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/wisconsin/92545

I mean I saw an article the other day that two freshman had broken into the two deep at Wisconsin. That was an occurrence worthy of a news article.

I think it's fair to say that the idea when Bielema was hired was that he was going to bring that Wisconsin system to Arkansas. So far it appears that experiment has failed. I'm tempted to say he needs more time but I don't see any way that the current roster is shaping up to be that way at all. It always seems that the team is deficient in key positions and is forced to start freshman, or Bielema just starts a freshman for no apparent reason.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

twistitup

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 17, 2017, 02:39:13 pm

Very hard to tell...we have walkons starting at multiple spots and our depth is very suspect - but yeah, steady incline.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ceegar

As good or better than the norm.
Our best recruiter on the staff seems to have our least prepared position
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

codeHog

Quote from: ceegar on September 17, 2017, 05:36:53 pm
As good or better than the norm.
Our best recruiter on the staff seems to have our least prepared position