Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Anyone get absolutely hosed betting on the Hogs tonight?  Uhhhhhggghh I'm franking miserable.  Evidently in the betting world...for game to be official it has to go 55 minutes. 

We win 49-7 and I get a no action/push.  Talk about a kick in the balls.  3.5 units down the drain. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

mccurdy

SPAL

Talk about a rough night. Tamu killed me. Absolutely killed me. Not only were they ahead 27-0, Johnny football scored a touchdown with a minute something left to go back up by 16. I was hoping they would run the clock out, but Johnny thought it best to go ahead and score. So worst case, u are thinking a push if la tech can score and get the 2 with only 1 time out left. Wrong....tamu let's them score in 1 play , let's them have the onside kick, then lets them march it right down and score again. I'm la sling this the worst loss of my career.

SPAL

October 14, 2012, 10:51:42 am #1553 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:59:06 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Playing small Nfl today.....

Rams +5....w
Atlanta -2 and San Francisco +1 two team teaser(7 points)....l

1-1

YTD 38-31

DadVader1

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 12, 2012, 09:48:24 am
Bama -21.5 (10 units)
Ole Miss -5 (4 units)
Ole Miss/Auburn under 48.5 (10 units)
SCe +3 (2 units)
Florida -8.5 (2 units)
W. VA -4 (2 units)

Caught a couple of lucky breaks yesterday: FL kept Vandy out of the end zone w/ first & goal at end of game to preserve the spread, & Spurrier went for it on 4th & long instead of taking the 3, so SC covers. Went 4-2 but lost one of my big plays so ended up + 6 for the weekend & +19 for the season.  My record outside the SEC absolutely stinks. I need to stick w/ what I watch & follow.

yraciv

hogball33

Teased Packers to +10 and over at 41. 2 units.

DadVader1

Got an early start on next weekend.  So far, I've done:

Bama -19.5 @ Tenn (10 units) I may add more if it doesn't climb much. In SEC games, Bama is #1 scoring O & Tenn is last place scoring D.  Bama's smallest margin of victory is 29.

LSU -3 @ A&M (4 units)

SCe +3 @ Florida (4 units)

yraciv

Another positive week! Again straggled weighing game, but 6-3 and positive units is a good week.

Huckleberry Pig

update: tech just scored again  ;)

i can't believe the way that game turned out!

SPAL

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on October 14, 2012, 10:18:30 pm
update: tech just scored again  ;)

i can't believe the way that game turned out!

I should throttle u

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 14, 2012, 10:57:39 pm
I should throttle u

haha just messin, they screwed me on my parlays so i lost on them too.  I'm definitely gonna take a break. 

BTW, something was up with that game.  Everyone but vegas had WVU winning in this one, and winning somewhat convincingly.  The minute the spread came out so low I thought something was fishy, infact I remember several of us on here talking about it.  Clearly they knew something we didnt. 

Whatevery the case, they made a TON of money on that game. 

yraciv

Quote from: mccurdy on October 13, 2012, 11:55:11 pm
I won the Alabama and Oregon state game. So I was only down like 1 unit. Wow new Mexico up 21-0.
I need to win this one my baby needs shoes.

Oh my bad man! Didn't see you add those on here. That must have been a wild weekend for someone who just learned about sports betting.

mccurdy

Quote from: yraciv on October 15, 2012, 01:21:17 pm
Oh my bad man! Didn't see you add those on here. That must have been a wild weekend for someone who just learned about sports betting.
Was very nerve racking. I finished up 7 units. This week I can just bet what I won. Going to stop betting so much at one time though.

mccurdy

October 15, 2012, 04:46:39 pm #1564 Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:49:49 pm by mccurdy
My picks so far this week. 2 units each

LSU -3 
Texas A&M

Alabama -19.5 
Tennessee

Oregon -9.5 
Arizona State (lost to Missouri)

SPAL

Hawgndaaz

Think I'm taking Broncos pickem. Manning has thrown for 300+ last three games and 8 tds with no picks.

Broncos lead in every category but rushing.

Gonna go 2 units on Denver

SPAL

I've got to be the most unlucky bettor in the world. Another huge lead blown resulting in a loss.

SPAL

The largest comeback ever on Monday night football. Guess who bet the other team?

DadVader1

I feel your pain Sir! One of my rare NFL bets was the Green Bay game with the blown call on the last play that got the regular refs back & cost me my $5 max NFL bet. Luckily, I skipped playing the NFL this weekend, because almost everything I would have played, lost. 

SPAL

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 15, 2012, 11:00:23 pm
I feel your pain Sir! One of my rare NFL bets was the Green Bay game with the blown call on the last play that got the regular refs back & cost me my $5 max NFL bet. Luckily, I skipped playing the NFL this weekend, because almost everything I would have played, lost. 

I played that game as well. It wasn't a posted play.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 15, 2012, 10:42:16 pm
I've got to be the most unlucky bettor in the world. Another huge lead blown resulting in a loss.
I was so mad at halftime I parlayed Denver -4.5 and the over 22.5. Lo and behold I won the original bet and the parlay. Nice beginning of the week.

Thursday games have killed me but it's going to be hard not to take oregon.

Got to take bama
Georgia -28 at Kentucky
Rutgers -5.5 at temple

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Sure glad I didn't play last night.  Don't even know what team I would have gone with, but would have made me crazy either way.
Let's make some waves.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 16, 2012, 06:48:33 am
Sure glad I didn't play last night.  Don't even know what team I would have gone with, but would have made me crazy either way.

One of these days, I'm going to learn not to take a Norv Turner coached San Diego team............EVER.  No matter the circumstances, no matter the opponent.  It never, ever works out for me.

SPAL

yraciv

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

DadVader1

Added:
Georgia -27.5 @ Kentucky (4 units)
Middle Tenn State +19.5 @ Miss State (2 units)

Well I face the possibility of my first losing season in well over a decade.

Not giving up though.

Ducks tonight -12 / 5 unit play.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

Just to give me something to watch tonight I added Oregon -8 (1 unit).

ur

Favs for this week. Oregon, Oklahoma, Georgia, Bama, Rutgers.

Porked Tongue

McKdaddy

Blutoblutarsky

Took Oregon -8, STL money line. I like A&M Saturday, Bama as well

Porked Tongue

DadVader1

Love me some Harbaugh! I had my tiny NFL play on Seattle +8 & SF declined a penalty that had resulted in a safety so SF took the 2 points off the board & won by 7 instead of 9.

SPAL

Usually don't say much about my Unposted plays but I had a huge night thanks to a safety that wasn't. I had Seattle +9, U38 and a parlay the same way. Harbaugh is my fave. A big 3-0 Thursday night. Obviously not counting toward my record but since I got screwed by the refs In an unposted Seahawks game with the packers, I thought it was interesting that I was rewarded big time in a Seattle game that went in my favor.

DadVader1

October 19, 2012, 09:39:43 am #1587 Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:43:10 am by DadVader1
Added 4 more units to Georgia, so here's what I have for the weekend:

Oregon -8 (1 unit)(W from last night)

Bama -19.5 @ Tenn (10 units)
LSU -3 @ A&M (4 units)
SCe +3 @ Florida (4 units)
Georgia -27.5 @ Kentucky (4 units)
Georgia -26 @ Kentucky (4 units)
Middle Tenn State +19.5 @ Miss State (2 units)

I should probably adjust my unit scale since my typical play is turning out to be around 4 units.  Instead of confusing things, I'll stick with this unit scale for the season, so basically, anything over a 4 unit play means that it is one of my favorite plays for the weekend, a 4 unit play means I like the play but no more than usual, a 2 unit play means I like it but a little less so, and a 1 unit play means I'm bored and just wanted to pick a side.  Looking over my summary also reminds me that I need to work on my discipline and do a better job of reducing my number of plays.

razorbackinthegrove

I am really thinking about Duke +10.5 vs North Carolina, thoughts?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: razorbackinthegrove on October 19, 2012, 10:06:33 am
I am really thinking about Duke +10.5 vs North Carolina, thoughts?

I'm leaning Duke but won't play it.

This is the first week where I'm having trouble finding games to play. Probably go with Rutgers and Bama (why not, right?).

jkstock04

LSU -3 looks solid to me.  I'm going 3 units here.

Also like Georgia big.  2 units. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Cincy -5 / 2 units
Nebraska -7 / 2 units
Rutgers -3 / 5 units
Mich ST +11.5 / 2 units
Texas Tech +3.5 / 2 units
LSU -3 / 5 units
Auburn +9 / 5 units
Let's make some waves.

JohnnieWalker

What do you think about tech and TCU at the current line?

Let's make some waves.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 19, 2012, 03:17:01 pm
Cincy -5 / 2 units
Nebraska -7 / 2 units
Rutgers -3 / 5 units
Mich ST +11.5 / 2 units

Texas Tech +3.5 / 2 units
LSU -3 / 5 units
Auburn +9 / 5 units

I like these two above, but I also like A&M +3 at home. I also like K-State +3 vs. WVA, and I really like Iowa St +14 vs. Okla State and Penn State +3 at Iowa.
Go Hogs Go!

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 20, 2012, 09:12:53 am
I like these two above, but I also like A&M +3 at home. I also like K-State +3 vs. WVA, and I really like Iowa St +14 vs. Okla State and Penn State +3 at Iowa.

I hear you.  My only thought about LSU vs Aggies is this.  LSU has seen it all before.  Johnny football for A&M better have his head on a swivel.  He starts running around like a deranged chicken today and he may not survive the first quarter against this defense.  He was simply decent against Florida, and Florida has greatly improved each week.  Johnnie M was forced to pay like he foul have been.  Gators had no film or clue what that goofball would do.  Tigers on the other hand.

Then again who knows that's why they call it gambling.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Quote from: JohnnieWalker on October 19, 2012, 07:34:27 pm
What do you think about tech and TCU at the current line?

If I was on it, is play tcu +2. I'm not playing it though

SPAL

October 20, 2012, 10:15:33 am #1597 Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:07:07 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Utah st. -31 5 units........W
Kent st. -3.  2 units........W
La tech -30. 2 units........W
Penn st. +3. 1.5 units.....W

yraciv

October 20, 2012, 10:45:59 am #1598 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:59:11 pm by yraciv
YTD: 39-27-1, +9.5 units
4 units
LSU -3.5 W

3 units
FL State -20.5L
Ohio State -18 L

2 units
SC +3.5 L
Baylor +9 W
Maryland +5 W

1 unit
Vandy Over 44 L
Fresno -16.5 W
Utah +9 L

McKdaddy

October 20, 2012, 11:00:46 am #1599 Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:02:17 am by McKdaddy
I'm not above poaching (b/c I suck at betting), and have done so before. So, in an effort to get above .500 for the year I've copied yraciv's picks (what does yraciv stand for or mean?).....

LSU  -3
FSU  -21.5
OSU  -18.5
SC  +3.5
Bay  +8.5
Mary  +5
Vandy/Aub  o44.5
Fres  -16.5
Utah  +8.5