Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hurricane Michael & the FLorida Panhandle

Started by HawgWild, October 09, 2018, 01:30:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Looking to get pretty bad down there. Got a beach front home rented on St. George Island, a barrier island for Apalachicola, beginning October 26th. They're currently predicting 9 - 12 foot storm surge and the island's highest elevation is 9 feet. Might not be a home there come Thursday. My thoughts are with everyone along that coastline.

Some of you have homes in this area as well, ricepig for one. What are y'all hearing?

Boarcephus

We've got friends who rented a condo for the month of October at Hidden Dunes in Destin and they were told they had to be out by 7 am this morning.  Mandatory Evacuation.  Same thing at Sandestin properties but they have  until 11 am to be out. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

razorshark

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 09, 2018, 01:53:49 pm
We've got friends who rented a condo for the month of October at Hidden Dunes in Destin and they were told they had to be out by 7 am this morning.  Mandatory Evacuation.  Same thing at Sandestin properties but they have  until 11 am to be out. 
our friends had to leave this morning after flying in for the week, but they are driving back.  In Mississippi now. Mandatory evacuation, not sure but guess they couldn't fly out.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100

Pulled(PP)pork

Damn that Trump!!  Just kidding, hoping everyone stays safe, including their property

PP

PharmacistHog

Hope mrs panhandlepig makes it through safely.  thoughts and prayers for you mrs pan. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

panhandlepig

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 10, 2018, 10:02:44 am
Hope mrs panhandlepig makes it through safely.  thoughts and prayers for you mrs pan.

Thanks Pharm. We were well to the west of it over here. We got lucky. FWB and Destin area are all good from what I can tell. 

hawgbawb

Quote from: panhandlepig on October 10, 2018, 07:26:13 pm
  Thanks Pharm. We were well to the west of it over here. We got lucky. FWB and Destin area are all good from what I can tell. 
Good to hear, Pan
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Inhogswetrust

Have a cousin that lives in Navarre. They are fine there. I wouldn't go anywhere from Destin east though.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

porkinsons disease

PCB had some damage on the east end,but Pier Park and all points west came out pretty good.

Panama. City was mostly destroyed. We finally evacuated early Wednesday when Michael kept getting stronger and was not hooking to the east. We were told if we stayed, we needed to write our name ,ss#, and next of kin on our arms in Sharpie. That was the slap in the face we needed.
Both hospitals had major damage. My neighbors house was destroyed, but the aerials on mine looked much better (fingers crossed). We have not been able to return yet. Curfew is 8pm-7am. Info is limited as cell towers were down. It will take years for PC to recover.

Mexico beach is a parking lot as well as Tyndall AFB. 2 fatalities so far, but I am sure there are many more. Prayers needed. They are now saying it probably came in as a cat 5.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: panhandlepig on October 10, 2018, 07:26:13 pm
its always a good thing to have FWB in destin

PP

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 12, 2018, 01:29:17 am
its always a good thing to have FWB in destin

PP

David V lost everything.  Not sure if you heard.

HawgWild

My rental agent emailed me yesterday to cancel my upcoming reservation on SGI. The home suffered minimal damage but the boardwalk was completely washed away and there was some damage to the wood panels underneath the house and a bunch of sand. They said that the contractor was backed up into December dealing with higher priority repairs.

I was given a complete refund and that was a relief since I hadn't bought trip insurance. Whew!

I'll try again next year.

Also, saw where the Oyster harvest was going to be severely impacted. Apalachicola Bay produces 90% of Florida's Oysters. Not sure if Florida's oldest seafood festival has been called off or not. It was scheduled for 11/3-4. I was going to give Boar a report.

Boarcephus

Quote from: HawgWild on October 17, 2018, 04:39:24 pm
My rental agent emailed me yesterday to cancel my upcoming reservation on SGI. The home suffered minimal damage but the boardwalk was completely washed away and there was some damage to the wood panels underneath the house and a bunch of sand. They said that the contractor was backed up into December dealing with higher priority repairs.

I was given a complete refund and that was a relief since I hadn't bought trip insurance. Whew!

I'll try again next year.

Also, saw where the Oyster harvest was going to be severely impacted. Apalachicola Bay produces 90% of Florida's Oysters. Not sure if Florida's oldest seafood festival has been called off or not. It was scheduled for 11/3-4. I was going to give Boar a report.

That's a great deal to get your money back. 

I know they keep close tabs on the oysters.  We were there either last year or year before and they shut it down because of too much rain.  I can only imagine what the storm surge did to them.  I'm sure they'll come back but have no idea how long it would take. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HawgWild

Got a notice today that they're going ahead with this year's Seafood Festival, November 3 & 4. Good luck. I'll try again next year.

HawgWild

Boarcephus

HighcountryHog

Sister and her husband went down to our family place in Rosemary last week and said there was zero damage.  Some businesses weren't open or were shutting down early because most the workers come from PCB and they still have a curfew in effect.  Also said the red tide is still prevalent.
no bumps, no fat chicks

Boarcephus

Quote from: HighcountryHog on November 04, 2018, 06:25:34 pm
Also said the red tide is still prevalent.

Interesting.  I'd heard that all they needed to curb that was one good storm and Michael was a good one.  Guess they were wrong.