Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

coach john stucky, r.i.p.

Started by arkyvol, April 14, 2007, 08:38:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkyvol

from the knoxville news-sentinel

Ex-UT coach Stucky dies at 59, recalled as man of faith
April 13, 2007

A funeral service for John Stucky, Tennessee's former strength and conditioning coach 1994-2002, will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at First Baptist Church in Springdale, Ark.

Coach Stucky died Thursday night at Springdale, UT's sports information department said. He was 59.

He joined coach Phillip Fulmer's football staff in 1994 after six years at Arkansas and had an eight-year tenure at Tennessee. Coach Stucky and Fulmer were on the Wichita State staff 1974-76.

In 1996, Coach Stucky was named national college coach of the year by the Professional Football Strength and Conditioning Coaches Society. Coach Stucky also was a member of Arkansas' staff. Other staffs on which he worked were Oklahoma State, North Carolina State and Kansas State.

"John Stucky was a great man," Fulmer said Friday. "He meant so much to so many people whose lives he touched.

"He was a man of great Christian faith and he shared that faith with all who would listen. He was a coach who motivated and inspired young men to reach their potential on and off the playing field."

Tennessee's record during Stucky's years was 80-16, and that included the 1998 national championship.

Coach Stucky left in 2002 because of health reasons.

HoggieStyle

Wow, that's sad. I wasn't aware that he was ill.

94 Hawg

aww man, sad.
God bless his family
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

cubman

That's sad. What disease did he have? That's way to young to have to be in a nursing home.
Prayers to his family.

supersaint

Coach Stucky was one of a kind. 
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.