Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LLama handguns.

Started by 1highhog, August 09, 2009, 05:43:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Does anyone know anything about these handguns?  I think they are a Spanish made gun.  That's about all I know, has anyone ever owned one?  How reliable are they?  Any help is appreciated.

IronHog

I know alot of worthless and worthfull information dealing with handguns, but I know absolutely NOTHING about a llama.

That should tell you something, but not much I'm afraid.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Slacker

1highhog

Hmm, I have seen several of them over the years, I jus have never owned one.  I see them in Pawn Shops here and there, usually in the $300 to $500 range.

IronHog

Quote from: 1highhog on August 09, 2009, 10:10:47 pm
Hmm, I have seen several of them over the years, I jus have never owned one.  I see them in Pawn Shops here and there, usually in the $300 to $500 range.

Used glocks can be found for similar prices.  They have the advantage of simplicity, popularity, and utility.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

deshahawg

I thought llamas were furry animals that spit at people!

DeltaBoy

Spanish Gun Maker some guns are great and some are not.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

1highhog

Thanks guys for the info.

Snort and Squeal

My dad owns a 9mm LLama and it consistantly jams.
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

clifflee4mvp

we have a llama .40 and it's a piece of crap. quit working one day, took it to a gun shop and the guy had to rework the slide. he thought the gun had been in a vice, ran over or dropped, but it hadn't

now when you work the slide to chamber the first round you basically have to force the 1st shell in.

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Slacker

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on August 23, 2009, 03:59:38 am
we have a llama .40 and it's a piece of crap. quit working one day, took it to a gun shop and the guy had to rework the slide. he thought the gun had been in a vice, ran over or dropped, but it hadn't

now when you work the slide to chamber the first round you basically have to force the 1st shell in.

It's a ROUND A.K.A. CARTRIDGE DAMN IT! ;)

pipehog

If your trying to go cheap get a taurus, or a ruger P89 or P94 series

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Slacker on August 23, 2009, 07:49:03 am
It's a ROUND A.K.A. CARTRIDGE DAMN IT! ;)

Definitions of shell on the Web:

* ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile; fired from a large gun

is it the most correct? probably not, but i'm sure you knew what i meant

I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Slacker

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on August 23, 2009, 09:03:34 pm
Definitions of shell on the Web:

* ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile; fired from a large gun

is it the most correct? probably not, but i'm sure you knew what i meant

I know what you meant. But it is not correct. Laziness of terminology makes you sound dumb. IMHO. Love the sport, and give it the proper terms.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Slacker on August 23, 2009, 09:11:22 pm
I know what you meant. But it is not correct. Laziness of terminology makes you sound dumb. IMHO. Love the sport, and give it the proper terms.

When you call someone's post dumb, you should prob. use proper sentence structure. Just saying.

People can't use lose and loose correctly on sports message boards, doesn't mean they don't love sports.

Plus I don't love the sport of handguns, so you can chill out.

Slacker

August 24, 2009, 04:43:25 pm #15 Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:42:55 am by Slacker
Quote from: clifflee4mvp on August 23, 2009, 11:09:22 pm
When you call someone's post dumb, you should prob. use proper sentence structure. Just saying.

People can't use lose and loose correctly on sports message boards, doesn't mean they don't love sports.

Plus I don't love the sport of handguns, so you can chill out.

Marking down clifflee4mvp as "doesn't take constructive criticism very well".

And for the record, I didn't call your post dumb.

Tusk-n-Porker

I have a Llama .45 and so far so good.  It was given to me as a form of payment.  I have the minimax .45 and I have shot it a few times and I really like the little thing, louder than hell.   I own several handguns and it is not even close to being in the same league as a Glock  or Springfield but for something to carry in the truck and boat it will get the job done. 
"Heart and effort are overated, talent wins 99% of football games"

Whole Hog Half Ham ARKANSAS by Damn!!!!

DeltaBoy

The best looking Llama I have seen it their knock off S&W styled Revolvers.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Slacker

Real men don't carry Llamas. Conversely, Llamas don't carry real men. :D