Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any chance our current AD gets the job fulltime?

Started by mj4president, November 16, 2017, 06:16:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dfwalumdad

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 10:35:48 am
Funny. You don't know me from Adam. You don't know my affilitions, my political stances, my religious background, my faith, or anything else about next...other than I post on hogville.net under the name sir-pigs-a-lot, but somehow....because I think it's trashy, low class, chauvinistic, sexist,  and downright ignorabt to say..."she is a woman so that qualifies her to fix me a sammich," that makes me a snowflake. You're so far from reality. But I'm not surprised based on the thought the females are only good for making sandwiches. You're just ignorant.

It's boloney homey.

but you didn't answer my questions about her qualifications, for the record sunshine i'm no chauvinist you can fix me a sammich too.

Cotton

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 17, 2017, 10:18:03 am
let me ask you another way, i listed her achievements.

let's go over this one more time.

she was in compliance at the ncaa for 10 years, she makes the jump to an athletic department at IU where for four years she was director of academic and membership affairs.

she came to work for us replacing bev lewis when we eliminated the role of ladies AD.

she's never even sniffed a program like ours where football is a 100 million dollar a year business where you've just shelled out 160 million for facilities upgrades.

she's doesn't have a financial back ground.

if she where a man would you want her to have the job?

sexism is a two way street because and i know this will come as a shock to you snowflake, there are two sexes.

the only reason she would get this job is because she's a woman and people like you would say "see arkansas has a female AD......how wonderful!" as if that means anything.

if she's so great let her go be IU's AD see what she can do and we'll hire her away from them.
You literally made a comment that she was a woman and only good for making you sandwiches.

Ignorance.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

DoctorSusscrofa

If a woman becomes full time AD she will receive a small amount of unwarranted criticism and several offers to assist in her demise.

We have a vicious fan base. She wouldn't be treated kindly if they heard she was staying put.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

elksnort

Ah, the obligatory "snowflake".

At first I though the post for being funny regarding 'sammich" The post makes pretty good sense until the sammich part.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 17, 2017, 10:18:03 am
let me ask you another way, i listed her achievements.

let's go over this one more time.

she was in compliance at the ncaa for 10 years, she makes the jump to an athletic department at IU where for four years she was director of academic and membership affairs.

she came to work for us replacing bev lewis when we eliminated the role of ladies AD.

she's never even sniffed a program like ours where football is a 100 million dollar a year business where you've just shelled out 160 million for facilities upgrades.

she's doesn't have a financial back ground.

if she where a man would you want her to have the job?

sexism is a two way street because and i know this will come as a shock to you snowflake, there are two sexes.

the only reason she would get this job is because she's a woman and people like you would say "see arkansas has a female AD......how wonderful!" as if that means anything.

if she's so great let her go be IU's AD see what she can do and we'll hire her away from them.
Hey snow flake, I believe he was referring to you comment on her making you a sammich.  Kind of sexist, don't you think?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Mr Jade

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on November 17, 2017, 11:05:40 am
Hey snow flake, I believe he was referring to you comment on her making you a sammich.  Kind of sexist, don't you think?

Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

elksnort

Quote from: Mr Jade on November 17, 2017, 11:08:39 am
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
Wow, this almost Biblical. I guess it might be if one looked for it.

depressed_fan

One criteria I think we need in an A.D. is a great amount of "common sense" in the leader.

Men have more common sense than women by a large margin. That's not to say women are dumb by any means.  Women may actually be book smarter than men.  I've just never met a woman that had a great degree of common sense. Really I haven't met one that had much common sense at all. 

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Cotton on November 17, 2017, 10:47:44 am
You literally made a comment that she was a woman and only good for making you sandwiches.

Ignorance.

let's try this another way,

sandy barbour is one of three AD's in the power five who are women.

let's look at her resume.

she started out coaching then at 36 she got her first AD gig at tulane, she did that for three years. she then made the jump to a big time program at notre dame as a deputy  AD. which was actually a bigger job than AD at tulane.

In her position at Notre Dame, Barbour oversaw facilities and event operations for the school's 26-sport program, including football game management and the department's two golf courses. She was also responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing Notre Dame's $127 million athletics facilities master plan.

from there she went to the university of california berkely as the athletic director.

from cal she went to penn state where she cleaned up the paterno mess and hired james franklin.

now if you told me that we thinking about hiring sandy barbour i'd say great! just might be the gal we need!

if we were to give peoples the job it would be because she was a woman and nothing else.

for the record i don't like too much mayo on my sammiches so get busy.

i'm an equal opportunity employer when it comes to sammich making.

buldozer

I for one sure hope the interim AD doesn't become our permanent AD. We just go rid of a gun from Pittsburgh that knew nothing of Arkansas, the Razorbacks, our culture or traditions..... The last thing we need is a new AD from Indiana that knows nothing about Arkansas, the Razorbacks, our culture or traditions.

I could care less that she is a woman.... what difference does that make?

Wildhog

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 17, 2017, 11:12:30 am
One criteria I think we need in an A.D. is a great amount of "common sense" in the leader.

Men have more common sense than women by a large margin. That's not to say women are dumb by any means.  Women may actually be book smarter than men.  I've just never met a woman that had a great degree of common sense. Really I haven't met one that had much common sense at all. 

Jesus.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

My god you're an idiot.

Hog_Swanson

You're not married, are you?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

elksnort

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 17, 2017, 11:15:48 am
let's try this another way,

sandy barbour is one of three AD's in the power five who are women.

let's look at her resume.

she started out coaching then at 36 she got her first AD gig at tulane, she did that for three years. she then made the jump to a big time program at notre dame as a deputy  AD. which was actually a bigger job than AD at tulane.

In her position at Notre Dame, Barbour oversaw facilities and event operations for the school's 26-sport program, including football game management and the department's two golf courses. She was also responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing Notre Dame's $127 million athletics facilities master plan.

from there she went to the university of california berkely as the athletic director.

from cal she went to penn state where she cleaned up the paterno mess and hired james franklin.

now if you told me that we thinking about hiring sandy barbour i'd say great! just might be the gal we need!

if we were to give peoples the job it would be because she was a woman and nothing else.

for the record i don't like too much mayo on my sammiches so get busy.

i'm an equal opportunity employer when it comes to sammich making.
Well, if nothing else, good come back post. Your point is well made.
I make my own sandwiches and do my own laundry.

elksnort

Could depressed_fan being pulling our legs?

Or has he just awakened from a coma from the 1950s?

depressed_fan

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2017, 12:10:07 pm
My god you're an idiot.

You're calling me an idiot? You're swearing and calling me an idiot? You have 33,000 posts on this message board in 4 years PorkRinds. So I would assume you don't have anything better to do then live on this message board and post. So why don't you tell me how I'm wrong?

Your wife or girlfriend or sister or Mother being of more sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts than you, don't count.  Give me more.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Surely a mod will delete this?

Surely.
1909/1964/1965/1977

SquidBilly

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on November 17, 2017, 12:17:49 pm
You're not married, are you?

Or maybe he is.  My wife made a lot more sense before I married her.  And she isn't very good at making sammiches either.

Steef

Thought about cleaning this up. But there wouldnt be much left.