Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scout Ugrades Pollard to Four Star

Started by paul hog, January 04, 2016, 09:03:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MissippHog

Quote"Here's the most amazing stat, 199 clips of him catching the ball, not running the ball, catching the ball," Propst said. "Receiving the ball, he has never been tackled by one person, he's never been tackled by the first person that got to him. Never."

Wait, what?!  Pretty incredible really.

Huckleberry Pig

great for Pollard.  Also like what their HC had to say about CBB, looks like the pipeline is building.   :razorback:

onebadrubi

We need to keep this guy committed to us!

010HogFan

He needs to be a high priority from now until signing day. We can't let this guy get away.

hawgXi

Quote from: paul hog on January 04, 2016, 09:03:17 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jan/04/georgia-athlete-comes-strongly-recommen/

thanx for posting +1

one of RD's best in depth looks at coveted Geogia athlete.

iirc, it was posted earlier that pollard's team was 30-0 for past two seasons & he was awarded 6-A player of the year honors.

one we don't want to miss!

jgphillips3

How many of our recruits have been upgraded as the season went on?  Seems like quite a few.  This staff can 100% identify talent.  I hope we can keep this kid.  Seems like we will and having his coach on our side helps.

Barman91

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 04, 2016, 09:18:33 am
great for Pollard.  Also like what their HC had to say about CBB, looks like the pipeline is building.   :razorback:

Is he jonesing for an assistant job? ha.  Seriously, great read on Pollard. Can't wait to have him here.

smb

What's important here is CBB saw something in this kid before he got the 4 star rating and wanted him before any one else did. I hope that helps in him becoming a hog. Be UNCOMMON!
GeorgiaHOG

AugustaHog

A couple of points here.  Pollard is a stud and we absolutely need to keep him.  He is an absolute football player.  To see what he has done at the highest level in the state of Georgia is pretty impressive.  He may be the steal of the class.  I love that Propst has a good relationship with CBB.  This is crucial to us getting this pipeline going.  As far as the comment about Propst jonesing for an asst. job, I think that ship has sailed for him.  He has way too much off-field baggage in his past.  However, he is one heck of a good coach and if his stuff was in order, I'd give him a look if we had an opening. 

presidenthog

his comments on seagrest and CBB make me feel better about our chances. relationships with coaches are just as important as the players.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MissippHog on January 04, 2016, 09:16:52 am
He is a freaking beast and besides White/Whaley?agim he is at the top off 'my board'./
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

IronHog

Type of WR LSU usually has.....

Big, physical kids that are fast enough.  Blow up in NFL.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: MissippHog on January 04, 2016, 09:16:52 am
I hate to be that guy but there are a few plays in his highlights that show him getting tackled by the first guy that got to him.  Not sure if those were after the streak ended or what but they're clearly there.

Doesn't really matter; still a good player.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

redeye

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 04, 2016, 09:18:33 am

I'm excited about this pipeline and know that Colquitt wins a lot of games, but do they produce a lot of SEC talent?  I realize this is our 2nd player from there in as many years, but I'm hoping one of our fans in Georgia will comment.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: redeye on January 04, 2016, 02:24:19 pm
I'm excited about this pipeline and know that Colquitt wins a lot of games, but do they produce a lot of SEC talent?  I realize this is our 2nd player from there in as many years, but I'm hoping one of our fans in Georgia will comment.
I can't speak for Colquitt, specifically, but I do know that Georgia produces more SEC football players than any other state.  So, even if Colquitt isn't a factory like IMG, we can be fairly certain that Pollard produced and stood out against top tier talent.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

redeye

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 04, 2016, 02:36:42 pm
I can't speak for Colquitt, specifically, but I do know that Georgia produces more SEC football players than any other state.  So, even if Colquitt isn't a factory like IMG, we can be fairly certain that Pollard produced and stood out against top tier talent.

All true.

I know Moutrie is a small town in Southern Georgia, in between Auburn, AL and Gainesville, FL.  Given their small size (roughly 14K), you wouldn't think they would produce much, but they're probably like Warren, AR, which has less 6K, but has produced several great players over the years.

SquidBilly

Colquitt County is a 6A powerhouse here in Georgia.  That is as tough a division as we have in the state so winning it speaks volumes of the caliber of coaches and players that they have there.  I'd put Colquitt County up against any HS team in the country. And Pollard is a big reason they've been so good the past few years.

Hoggish1

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 04, 2016, 09:27:44 am
He needs to be a high priority from now until signing day. We can't let this guy get away.

why would he get away...?

AugustaHog

The only issue with Colquitt Co. is they are a very short 1 hr drive from Tallahassee.  I would think if they have a blue chipper that Jimbo will be all over them.  We have been fortunate that TJ and Kiel were under the radar and we got them before word got out.  Similar prospects will be ours for the taking.  It will be tough to pull a kid that FSU, UF, AU, Bama, or UGA is on from the start.  Kids from down here tend to stick to that group if they are big-time.  You never know though.  I'd be fine with landing kids like Kiel and TJ every year.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 04, 2016, 07:18:57 pm
Colquitt County is a 6A powerhouse here in Georgia.  That is as tough a division as we have in the state so winning it speaks volumes of the caliber of coaches and players that they have there.  I'd put Colquitt County up against any HS team in the country. And Pollard is a big reason they've been so good the past few years.
And the fact is, they didn't just win it, they DOMINATED it, going undefeated (30-0), and Kiel was named 6A Offensive Player of the Year. By the way, I realize this is not a revelation for anyone reading this, so you can disable your sarcasm buttons.  My point is, that it's not just a fluke.  That could end up being a real honey pot for the Hogs in the future. 
Now, if we can just get someone to show him some film of Muschamp's offenses at Florida, I think we'll have a shot at keeping him.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

redeye

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 04, 2016, 07:56:14 pm
The only issue with Colquitt Co. is they are a very short 1 hr drive from Tallahassee.  I would think if they have a blue chipper that Jimbo will be all over them.  We have been fortunate that TJ and Kiel were under the radar and we got them before word got out.  Similar prospects will be ours for the taking.  It will be tough to pull a kid that FSU, UF, AU, Bama, or UGA is on from the start.  Kids from down here tend to stick to that group if they are big-time.  You never know though.  I'd be fine with landing kids like Kiel and TJ every year.

That makes sense, although I will say that I'm often surprised by how much difference a coach can have on a player's decision.  If Propst likes Bielema as much as he claims, he could be a difference maker for some of them.

razorbackfanatic

I'm embarrassed to say I just watched his hudl for the first time, but I'm blown away. This guy is a beast. He reminds me of a touch slower Dez Bryant/Terrell Owens type receiver. Extremely physical and has nice ball skills. We have to keep him committed. He also reminds me of Anquan Boldin a little as well. I love this class!

The Kig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 04, 2016, 07:31:07 pm

The article stated he is going to visit Muschump at USC. Not saying that is anything more than just a visit, but last minute flips don't usually happen if they aren't visiting.
Poker Porker

jgphillips3

This class could easily be a top 20 class on signing day depending on how we finish.  It may be viewed even better than that after 4 years.  We have identified and recruited some exceptional talent this year.

010HogFan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 04, 2016, 07:31:07 pm

There have been lots of rumblings about him possibly being interested in South Carolina. Not saying it's true, but like I said, we need to make sure we keep this guy on board.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on January 05, 2016, 01:48:30 am
He also reminds me of Anquan Boldin a little as well. I love this class!

That's more what I see.. similar to the USCe receiver from a couple years ago, can't remember the name..... maybe not as fast but lots of strength, positions his body well, with really good hands and makes yac...... nice compliment receiver with a speedster on the other side...

deedster84

I've heard he was being recruited as an athlete. The kid does have some skills. Good vision and hands.

lasthog

Not sure how this star thing works.

Does the extra star improve his measurables, or just his overall ability?

He seemed pretty good when he was a three.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 05, 2016, 09:48:39 am
That's more what I see.. similar to the USCe receiver from a couple years ago, can't remember the name..... maybe not as fast but lots of strength, positions his body well, with really good hands and makes yac...... nice compliment receiver with a speedster on the other side...
Alshon Jeffery?

presidenthog

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 05, 2016, 11:25:20 am
Alshon Jeffery?
never take alshon in your fantasy draft. him actually being healthy is the real fantasy.

Boarmonger

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 05, 2016, 09:48:39 am

Simeon Rice?

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: Boarmonger on January 05, 2016, 11:31:27 am
Simeon Rice?

Was a DE from Illinois not a WR for USC-E

Sidney Rice is who you're thinking of

AugustaHog

I would take Sidney Rice in a heartbeat or Alshon Jeffery for that matter.  Kiel certainly has more of a Jeffery type of style though.  He's a big-body guy that will battle ruthlessly for everything.  He is not, however, as doughy as Alshon Jeffery was at USCe.  He is a pretty stout guy with some big ol legs though.  It will be fun to see how he is deployed by Enos.

Country Stylz

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 05, 2016, 12:16:36 pm
I would take Sidney Rice in a heartbeat or Alshon Jeffery for that matter.  Kiel certainly has more of a Jeffery type of style though.  He's a big-body guy that will battle ruthlessly for everything.  He is not, however, as doughy as Alshon Jeffery was at USCe.  He is a pretty stout guy with some big ol legs though.  It will be fun to see how he is deployed by Enos.
Hoping for an Anquan Boldin clone myself.

PorkRinds

Im hoping he will be like a white Wes Welker...

AugustaHog

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 05, 2016, 12:18:42 pm
Hoping for an Anquan Boldin clone myself.
I think that is an apt comparison.  It was actually who I first though of when I saw him.  The game I attended didn't show him going up and getting a ton of balls deep, so I'm not sure if he is like Boldin in that regard.  He is a beast though and has the best hands I've ever seen on a HS kid (don't attend ridiculous numbers of HS games mind you).  When Colquitt Co. needed yards, they were going to #2.  The CB would give him a 7 yd cushion and they would pitch it out to him and let him go beast mode.  It worked consistently for 5+ yds and often gained much more.  No CB is going to be excited about tackling him one on one. 

Country Stylz

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 05, 2016, 12:32:57 pm
I think that is an apt comparison.  It was actually who I first though of when I saw him.  The game I attended didn't show him going up and getting a ton of balls deep, so I'm not sure if he is like Boldin in that regard.  He is a beast though and has the best hands I've ever seen on a HS kid (don't attend ridiculous numbers of HS games mind you).  When Colquitt Co. needed yards, they were going to #2.  The CB would give him a 7 yd cushion and they would pitch it out to him and let him go beast mode.  It worked consistently for 5+ yds and often gained much more.  No CB is going to be excited about tackling him one on one. 
Sounds good to me. Y'all remember Eric Moulds from MSU? I don't we've ever had a physical type wr like that.

AugustaHog

Boo Williams or Marcus Monk would be the two that come to mind for me.  Obviously Boo turned into a TE in the NFL, but he was a tough WR while in college.  Monk was nasty on going up the ladder.  If he ever had a QB, he would have had even more insane numbers.  Monk was never physical in the sense of catching the ball and inflicting pain or running through tackles.

whosiskid

I am so happy people are starting to see Pollard's worth. For a while I was raving about him and all anyone would say in reply was that we intended playing him on defense (something that was never true, but a confusion apparently based on Segrest being his primary recruiter, no one noticing that Smith was his secondary recruiter, which is common when you would be that kid's position coach but he isn't in your region). And I'm delighted people are starting to get excited about him.

His highlight reel is impressive. There are kids you want to get down the field hoping they can get behind the defense, like Dominique Reed. Pollard doesn't resemble Joe Adams in the least, but he is someone you would use the way we did Adams. A lot of short passes just to see if he can break one. He is incredibly impressive running in the open or even not so open field. The kid knows how to turn short yardage plays into long yardage plays. I honestly would take Pollard over Cleveland or Isaiah Graham. I think he is one of those guys you try to figure out ways to get the ball in his hand. I wouldn't be surprised if we did what we did with Joe Adams and occasionally line him up in the I and hand it off to him (didn't Joe have a 90 yard play that way? I seem to remember us being backed up to around our 5 and the other team not noticing we had slipped him in as a tail back, and he has a huge play as a result). He isn't a burner, but he is big and tough and smart. There are also kids who just seem to have that indefinable something. I loved Ronnie Wingo, but he never seemed to be able to do on the field what his athletic talent would seem to suggest he could do. You'd see flashes, but no consistency. I think Pollard is one of those guys who will turn in play after play without being able to quite put your finger on why he is so good. He was, as others have noted, the MVP on one of the best high school teams in the United States. Pollard just gets the job done, the kind of player you go to when the game in on the line.

I think the Hogs should feel honored that he has committed to play for us. And based on everything I've seen, I don't think he is going to flip. Getting guys like Agim and Whaley, yo know they are going to be stars, but I think Pollard is the steal of the recruiting class.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

AugustaHog

Well put whosis.  He's a stud and will be the perfect complement to Jones and TJ.  This is a really nice WR class.

Steef

hollywood hog

Youtube has quite a few games of Colquitt County uploaded in good quality.  Pollard is strong as an ox.  They also have a little RB that reminds me of Michael Smith named Ty Lee.  If Bielema has any interest in a scat back I wouldn't mind seeing that kid get a late offer. 

hollywood hog

January 06, 2016, 07:03:08 am #44 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:35:11 am by hollywood hog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbYyN5XxoO0&feature=player_detailpage

Here's the 2015 championship game.  It's not taking me long to want us to just offer Ty Lee a scholarship now.  This kid can flat out ball.  Pollard is a truck as advertised. 

Boarmonger

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on January 05, 2016, 12:04:45 pm
Was a DE from Illinois not a WR for USC-E

Sidney Rice is who you're thinking of

Yep, you're right!

Adam Stokes

Quote from: lasthog on January 05, 2016, 11:18:23 am
Not sure how this star thing works.

Does the extra star improve his measurables, or just his overall ability?

He seemed pretty good when he was a three.

And DMAC wouldn't have been better had he won the Heisman instead of getting 2nd place twice.  But there is certainly nothing wrong with getting extra recognition. 

ARtillahog

Did anyone notice at the 16:00 mark, the announcer calls the formation "Wild Hog" when Kiel was in the gun.

AugustaHog

They are the Packers and the mascot is a Hog.  Not a Razorback mind you but a Hog.

Country Stylz

That RB Ty Lee does look good in the video. What's the story on him?