Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thankful Cam Cameron coaches for LSU

Started by baseballhog, December 29, 2015, 09:49:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baseballhog

He may be the worst play caller in FBS right now. I really hope they don't fire him this offseason, but I can't see how Miles keeps him.

Go Hogs!

Bubba's Bruisers

Nas he ever had a competent QB?  I mean he probably shares blame for not recruiting/developing a competent QB, but Play calling becomes a smidge difficult without a QB.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ridgehog23

Harris could be good if coached!  Cam and Chaney don't think they need coaching.

Danny J

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2015, 09:51:56 pm
Nas he ever had a competent QB?  I mean he probably shares blame for not recruiting/developing a competent QB, but Play calling becomes a smidge difficult without a QB.
Joe Flaco comes to mind....

Cam is a terrible play caller. No doubt about it. I mean 3rd and 2 against one of the worst rush D's in all of football and he throws the ball? Also...I am not sure who is coaches their QB's but they are terrible and hope they also keep their job.

baseballhog

Quote from: Danny J on December 29, 2015, 10:02:56 pm
Joe Flaco comes to mind....

Cam is a terrible play caller. No doubt about it. I mean 3rd and 2 against one of the worst rush D's in all of football and he throws the ball? Also...I am not sure who is coaches their QB's but they are terrible and hope they also keep their job.

Exactly

Buff

It's amazing how he had any success in the NFL.  You would think it would get easier in college.

onebadrubi

He's is not using his weapons as good as he should, even the commentators are stating it as polite as possible.

Lsu qb is a good dual threat guy and has shown flashes of it, they just try to make him a pocket passer randomly.  They are also awful with getting him any rythum or momentum.

3kgthog

They are pretty easily scoring more points than we did on TT. He must be doing something right.

onebadrubi

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 29, 2015, 11:25:20 pm
They are pretty easily scoring more points than we did on TT. He must be doing something right.

Maybe we just did that much wrong at the time we played them.  Would you eager to say we wouldn't out up 50 easily against TTech right now?

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: baseballhog on December 29, 2015, 09:49:35 pm
He may be the worst play caller in FBS right now. I really hope they don't fire him this offseason, but I can't see how Miles keeps him.

Go Hogs!
I agree 100%. I had just posted this via social media chat group. I mean this is definitely the offensive coordinator you want on the opposing side line.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

NuttinItUp

They seemed to be doing pretty good tonight against Texas Tech.

Hog N Bama

Cameron was a marked man weeks ago as the latest sinking ship scapegoat.

Hog N Bama

The announcer said Kliff Kingsbury IS the best play caller in college football. I rewound it 3 times to be sure that is what I heard. :puke:

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 29, 2015, 11:50:29 pm
They seemed to be doing pretty good tonight against Texas Tech.
56 points and 638 yards of total offense isn't gonna cut it for hogville. Lol. LSU would've have had to score at least 100 points and have 1000 yards of total offense to impress hogville.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: baseballhog on December 29, 2015, 09:49:35 pm

Go Hogs!
Well I can GUARANTEE you that something is going to be done on that side of the ball during the off season. Miles has practically signed that with his own blood; with the massive amount of heat at the end of the season the status quo with the (at times) inept offense wouldn't be allowed to continue.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 59m59 minutes ago

AM | #LSU enters busy "off-season"

Re-recruiting started yesterday; Cam indicates he'll return; DC search underway http://bit.ly/1ZDHefP

QuoteCam Cameron walked down a dimly lit hallway in the bowels of Houston's NRG Stadium.

The Tigers' romping win over Texas Tech just 40 minutes old, Cameron was all smiles. LSU's offensive coordinator gestured for a reporter to walk with him down the bustling hallway and towards the team busses, flashing a large grin.

After all, the Tigers had won 56-27, scoring the most points in a bowl game in the history of the school and setting a season high in offensive yards.

It all came against the 127th-ranked defense in the nation, but that didn't stop Cameron from enjoying the moment and praising his players. It didn't stop him from quickly looking toward next season, either.

Yes, Cameron indicated, he expects to be here.

"A lot of that stuff is going to play itself out," he said when asked if he had discussed his contract with head coach Les Miles and athletic director Joe Alleva by then. "I'm thrilled LSU would have me and my family here. Glad we beat Texas Tech, finish on a high note. Now, we've got to get all of these guys who are draft-eligible to come back and springboard us into next year."

Cameron points to one of the critical issues in what's expected to be a busy January and February for the LSU football team: retaining several draft-eligible junior starters.

Cameron's strut down that halfway marked the start of LSU's offseason, and he represents one of the biggest affairs during this so-called downtime.

The 54-year-old Cameron is in the final year of his contract with the program, and the Tigers, after Kevin Steele's abrupt departure for Auburn, are now also searching for a defensive coordinator.

Meanwhile, recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson is in charge of holding together LSU's No. 2-ranked recruiting class — a highly rated group of 17 commitments —
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau ‏@LSUBeatTweet Jan 5

As expected, LSU coach Les Miles says he will retain offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.

With so many players returning on offense, particularly the QB, the best thing in the short run is to keep Cam Cameron at off. coordinator.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net