Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bama offers hammonds

Started by #1 STUNNA, December 30, 2015, 12:41:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

I lost respect for Saban when he referenced the magnitude of losing to ULM was equivalent to 9/11 and Pearl Harbor.  Really?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: secneahog on January 03, 2016, 09:00:40 pm
I lost respect for Saban when he referenced the magnitude of losing to ULM was equivalent to 9/11 and Pearl Harbor.  Really?
While I totally agree, you and I would have to look at it in his terms. Since he's obviously only concerned with wins such a tragedy WOULD be the equivalent to tragedies that actually mean something far more meaningful to the rest of the world and in the grand scheme of things.

RedRock

I think Saban picks his recruits that will play and then starts picking off recruits that are a threat to him with intentions of never playing them, ala Tenpenny and Frasier.

Iamjacksleftnutt

Quote from: RedRock on January 03, 2016, 09:52:31 pm
I think Saban picks his recruits that will play and then starts picking off recruits that are a threat to him with intentions of never playing them, ala Tenpenny and Frasier.

This .. He's a jerk. And thats your opinion. I don't need any link for it either. You're entitled.

Iamjacksleftnutt

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 03, 2016, 08:50:56 pm
Some on here really crack me up. On the one hand we have those who fret and worry 'cause we don't offer all those four and five star recruits that folks like 'Bama are landing. On the other hand we have those who fret and worry     'cause we offer all those four and five star recruits that folks like 'Bama want to land.

I agree with you here. Its dumb to get worried about Saban or anyone else offering our kids. Its a compliment. It means either he values our recruits OR he doesn't want to face them.

When its the later its sleazy imo. Saban has turned into Bob Knight imo. And I don't like him either. I hope its ok to compare him to Knight. I don't have any proof of that statement.

Kevin

Sabah loses me when he does things like he did to Philon. Or ask kids who have been committed for a while to suddenly grey shirt at the last minute.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The hog meister

I also think Saban is on the jerky side but Petrino was known as a jerk. When he is your jerk you can overlook allot of things just not things like what happened on overlook hill.

Beaverfever

Quote from: RedRock on January 03, 2016, 09:52:31 pm
I've heard people say stuff like this and I just don't buy it.  He doesn't get enough scholarships to do this.  If he didn't think they could compete for playing time at Bama then I don't think he'd be that worried about playing against them. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 06, 2016, 02:21:54 pm
I've heard people say stuff like this and I just don't buy it.  He doesn't get enough scholarships to do this.  If he didn't think they could compete for playing time at Bama then I don't think he'd be that worried about playing against them.

I agree.  I do think Saban, and plenty of other coaches, aren't afraid to let another school do the legwork and then offer them once they start getting some hype.  They can afford to wait, while we and other schools like us, cannot.  Our best hope for getting a high profile guy is to be on them early, while Bama can wait and still get serious consideration.

Beaverfever

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 06, 2016, 02:27:28 pm
I agree.  I do think Saban, and plenty of other coaches, aren't afraid to let another school do the legwork and then offer them once they start getting some hype.  They can afford to wait, while we and other schools like us, cannot.  Our best hope for getting a high profile guy is to be on them early, while Bama can wait and still get serious consideration.
Now this I could definitely believe.  Imagine if we could throw out feelers to our favorite 20 prospects currently not being recruited and knew we could probably get 3-5 of them.  Nobody is switching last minute from a big SEC school because Arkansas finally offered.  Kids probably do that every year for Bama.  That's a nice luxury.