Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patrick Hudson

Started by RebelW, January 04, 2016, 09:36:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

Does anyone know if we have given up on him? I think we flip 1 or 2 of these big linemen when we introduce our new coach to them and get come visit.. What I'm hoping for anyway lol

presidenthog

he has since said no OV. along with that 5 star safety.

greenie

I think our chances for Hudson are minuscule. Only a great OL coach hire and a miracle gets him.
As for Brandon Jones, looks like that ship has sailed.

scooby21322

Quote from: presidenthog on January 04, 2016, 09:41:25 pm
he has since said no OV. along with that 5 star safety.

RD did more than once emphasize that Beilema has the opportunity to go visit after the dead period.  My impression was that we shouldn't give up on either just yet.

greenie

Quote from: scooby21322 on January 04, 2016, 10:07:51 pm
RD did more than once emphasize that Beilema has the opportunity to go visit after the dead period.  My impression was that we shouldn't give up on either just yet.

Good point. There's always hope as long as CBB et al can get face-to-face and, even better, on campus. I hope that happens for both of these guys.

redeye

I haven't kept up with the Ukwuachu fiasco, but I'm surprised Briles hasn't been fired after that.  Also surprised that any recruit would want to play for him now.

navyhog24

Quote from: redeye on January 04, 2016, 10:25:43 pm
I haven't kept up with the Ukwuachu fiasco, but I'm surprised Briles hasn't been fired after that.  Also surprised that any recruit would want to play for him now.

Swepted under the rug as with any TX school

greenie

I shamefully forgot about that incident. Seems like none of that stuck to Briles.  Did it?

Smokehouse

Quote from: greenie on January 04, 2016, 10:30:10 pm
I shamefully forgot about that incident. Seems like none of that stuck to Briles.  Did it?

I'm in Big 12 country and don't even hear people talking about it here, other than the occasional radio show pot-shot. Didn't take long into the season for people to forget it, honestly.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

onebadrubi

That's texas football for you

sickboy

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 05, 2016, 02:48:53 am

That's texas football for you

Wait until he loses a few games.

LRHawg

Quote from: sickboy on January 05, 2016, 03:07:05 am
Wait until he loses a few games.

When the Baylor house of cards comes down, it's going to come down hard. They've put football on such a high pedestal, that is going to be one nasty fall.

jackflash

If we hire from the NFL I am not sure he will make a big difference in this year recruiting of offensive lineman. I think if he does it will be someone we already recruiting. Maybe too late to get on someone new

Scott7703

Quote from: jackflash on January 06, 2016, 01:54:23 pm
If we hire from the NFL I am not sure he will make a big difference in this year recruiting of offensive lineman. I think if he does it will be someone we already recruiting. Maybe too late to get on someone new

Hire Stoutland and you may be surprised. If it's Bostad I will agree with you.

AugustaHog

Stoutland had some success landing three 4 * guys, including Amari Cooper in his 2 seasons at Bama.  Maybe we need to throw the bank at this dude.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 06, 2016, 02:26:25 pm
Stoutland had some success landing three 4 * guys, including Amari Cooper in his 2 seasons at Bama.  Maybe we need to throw the bank at this dude.
Well it's fairly evident that he certainly already has some expertise and success at the recruiting game.