Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Playoff Team Are You Rooting For?

Started by NuttinItUp, December 05, 2015, 11:08:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Playoff Team are you going to root for?

Clemson
34 (10%)
Alabama
224 (66.1%)
Oklahoma
17 (5%)
Michigan State
64 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 339

longtimeHogfan

I guess I'll root for the SEC. 

Alabama
Clemson

Michigan St.

OU
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on December 08, 2015, 04:58:05 pm
We should just move to the Sun Belt then, I suppose.

Why stop there?
Using the same logic of the ''gotta hate the big boys of the SEC'', why not just hope and pray that ALL SEC teams lose every game to non-SEC teams and to us.
That would make us look just fantastic as a potential CFP team and what athlete wouldn't want to attend any team from a hapless SEC conference?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Inhogswetrust

Whichever one Jim Mora is coaching.........He loves playoffs!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jlhogfan

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 08, 2015, 04:58:02 pm
Have to root for the SEC team.  Y'all who don't are just flat wrong, no matter what argument you might come up with.  You have to root for your conference.  BTW, I hate Bama, and was raised an OU fan (second to the Hogs - and still am) because half my family (including my mom) are Okies.  I'm still for Bama all the way.

Did you root for Texas in the Bowl Games in the old SWC?

Razorback_Mack

You bama fans are delusional.

Here are the facts.

24 seasons in the league.
We've won or tied for the west 4 times.
The years we won bama won 6,7,8, and was banned another year.
That's the formula

What do you gumps need 50 years of evidence?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 08, 2015, 04:58:02 pm
Have to root for the SEC team.  Y'all who don't are just flat wrong, no matter what argument you might come up with.  You have to root for your conference.  BTW, I hate Bama, and was raised an OU fan (second to the Hogs - and still am) because half my family (including my mom) are Okies.  I'm still for Bama all the way.
I'm wrong for not wanting my chief competitors to be the best in the buisness??? Call me wrong then.....

Peter Porker

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 08, 2015, 05:03:20 pm
Why stop there?
Using the same logic of the ''gotta hate the big boys of the SEC'', why not just hope and pray that ALL SEC teams lose every game to non-SEC teams and to us.
That would make us look just fantastic as a potential CFP team and what athlete wouldn't want to attend any team from a hapless SEC conference?

CFP? Why don't we just worry about winning the conference instead of getting to the playoffs since we've yet to win conference since joining. And you know why we haven't won the conference? More times than not, especially the last decade, is because of Bama, but keep cheering for them. Maybe you can get a t-shirt that says, "We lost to the National Champions. We are almost good."

And they'll continue to be good because they win, they get the top recruits, they win, they get the top recruits, they win, etc
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 08, 2015, 07:20:03 pm
And they'll continue to be good because they win, they get the top recruits, they win, they get the top recruits, they win, etc

Whether or not Bama wins the natty this year, they are still going to be getting top recruits. Sorry to break it to you.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on December 08, 2015, 07:37:27 pm
Whether or not Bama wins the natty this year, they are still going to be getting top recruits. Sorry to break it to you.

Exactly.  And in almost every scenario I can imagine, the SEC doing poorly is a recipe for us being affected as well.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on December 08, 2015, 07:37:27 pm
Saban will always get them. Alabama won't.

They struck out with several coaches and they will again. Perkins, Curry, Dubose, Francione, Price and Shula didn't exactly set the world on fire.

We need any reason to get Saban out of there. NFL, boredom, age, death penalty etc. I dont care.

I want OU to kick the crap out of Clemson and BAMA to kick the crap out of OU.  I want BAMA in a landslide.

If Kiffin can keep from wetting his pants and just the play calls in before delay of game, BAMA should have this.  I expect the BAMA D to showcase what they are, the very best.  The BAMA O may lose this thing for them.

Peter Porker

Quote from: 12247 on December 08, 2015, 08:58:11 pm
I want OU to kick the crap out of Clemson and BAMA to kick the crap out of OU.  I want BAMA in a landslide.

If Kiffin can keep from wetting his pants and just the play calls in before delay of game, BAMA should have this.  I expect the BAMA D to showcase what they are, the very best.  The BAMA O may lose this thing for them.

You sound like a diehard Bama fan.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

RME

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 08, 2015, 05:48:40 pm
You bama fans are delusional.

Here are the facts.

24 seasons in the league.
We've won or tied for the west 4 times.
The years we won bama won 6,7,8, and was banned another year.
That's the formula

What do you gumps need 50 years of evidence?

Shhhhhhh. People on these boards don't like facts or logical reasoning.

Just because somethin' is true, that don't make it true.

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 08, 2015, 09:20:35 pm
Shhhhhhh. People on these boards don't like facts or logical reasoning.

Just because somethin' is true, that don't make it true.

The insinuation being what? If Bama loses the national championship they will have a terrible year next year?
Sorry, bud. Ain't gonna happen.

RME

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on December 08, 2015, 10:00:58 pm
The insinuation being what? If Bama loses the national championship they will have a terrible year next year?
Sorry, bud. Ain't gonna happen.

That is not even remotely close to the point that either Razorback Mack or myself were making.

The point of his post and my backing for his post was that it is better for Arkansas when Bama is down. That has nothing to do with whether they win the NC this year or not. See his post again for the statistics.

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 08, 2015, 10:31:22 pm
That is not even remotely close to the point that either Razorback Mack or myself were making.

The point of his post and my backing for his post was that it is better for Arkansas when Bama is down. That has nothing to do with whether they win the NC this year or not. See his post again for the statistics.

This whole thread is about who wins the NC this year. If you are responding in it, I believe most would assume that is what you are talking about. I apologize for making that assumption.

Thank you for admitting that them winning or not winning the NC doesn't affect their team next year, though. I guess that rules out most of the reason to root against Bama as far as this year is concerned.

rickm1976

Quote from: jlhogfan on December 08, 2015, 05:41:54 pm
Did you root for Texas in the Bowl Games in the old SWC?

Yes I did.  Every stinking time.  The only time I ever rooted against them in any non-conference game was when they played OU.

rickm1976

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 08, 2015, 06:01:39 pm
I'm wrong for not wanting my chief competitors to be the best in the buisness??? Call me wrong then.....

You're trying to compare your conference family with your business competitors?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 08, 2015, 11:07:12 pm
You're trying to compare your conference family with your business competitors?
College football is big buisness. Billion dollar tv deals. Paying coaches 5 million a year and giving them outrageous buyouts. I thought this was common knowledge. I say "my" because I've been emotionally invested in this since birth.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on December 08, 2015, 10:36:36 pm
This whole thread is about who wins the NC this year. If you are responding in it, I believe most would assume that is what you are talking about. I apologize for making that assumption.

Thank you for admitting that them winning or not winning the NC doesn't affect their team next year, though. I guess that rules out most of the reason to root against Bama as far as this year is concerned.
I think the longer they go without winning the NC the more likely Saban is to roll out. It's not that complicated. If you think any HC at bama can when like Saban study alabamas coaching history a little bit more.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: The Divine Swine on December 06, 2015, 09:35:49 am
You were not asking me, but I will answer. Hogs need the SEC to remain dominant nationally speaking for a lot of reasons, but mostly for recruiting. Right now we lose to Bama in recruiting hands down, but because the SEC is so dominant this is alluring to other recruits. They say "Hey, I want to play in the SEC" well that broadens even our prospects. We can beat out the OU's of the region for some recruits because the SEC is so highly regarded. Plus we get more money the more the SEC wins in the post season.

Sorry but that ain't hap'n and it never has.  If our recruiting improves it will be because of the coach not the conference we are in.  However we have slipped considerable if you figured a quotient for how much our recruiting needed to improve to stay at the same level in the SEC vs what we were in the SWC.  And it matters not whether or not we could have beaten SEC teams in those days because we still had the wins and the rankings.  That give you respect whether you completely deserve it or not.  Arkansas fans make fun of teams in other conferences but think about this.  With a recruiting base similar to ours OU and OSU are where they are and we ain't!

Bama all the way!  The only two SEC team I don't root for are Ole Miss and Auburn.

SamBuckhart

Don't care. Will not watch. They work on me like an emetic.  Wooo Pig only.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

HotlantaHog

Not sure who I cheer for is going to change the outcome. So even if there is some intangible benefit to the SEC teams from Alabama winning, I am not going to be pulling for yet another Bama national championship. Boring.

Go Tigers! (And Michigan State)

Professor Psychosis

Michigan State or Clemson.  In that order.

The fans of those schools haven't had national championships to celebrate recently.  Alabama and Oklahoma fans have.

I could care less about "conference pride," whether it hurts or helps our recruiting, or whether I'm "obligated" to do something as a Razorback fan.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

NuttinItUp

Guess we will see if Bama can do it today.

tusksincolorado

I hate:

OU

Awbarn

Texass

tOSU

I will never root the them....period.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HotlantaHog

So hopefully Clemson will give Alabama a good game. Would love to see the Tigers win, but hope it is a decent contest regardless of the outcome.

The TV ratings for the playoff games were drastically down vs. a year ago. The New Year's Eve experiment wasn't exactly a roaring success...

jbcarol

ESPN SEC ‏@ESPN_SEC 1m1 minute ago

Take our quiz: Should you root for Alabama or Clemson? http://es.pn/1mCDNbe

QuoteYou like brutal efficiency and maybe a snack cake.

What you talkin' about Willis?

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net