Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Playoff Team Are You Rooting For?

Started by NuttinItUp, December 05, 2015, 11:08:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Playoff Team are you going to root for?

Clemson
34 (10%)
Alabama
224 (66.1%)
Oklahoma
17 (5%)
Michigan State
64 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 339

NuttinItUp

December 05, 2015, 11:08:16 pm Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:04:00 pm by NuttinItUp
Who are you rooting for?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Atlhogfan1

RTR

Stanford only team heading into today with a remote chance I would have pulled for instead of Bama.  Hope the Tide rolls big to another NC. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

kodiakisland

Bama.
Saban rides off into the sunset, never to coach again.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

HawgLife4Eva

I like Dabo Swinney a lot.

I hope either Clemson or Alabama does it.

HogPharmer

After the embarasemt by the SEC in postseason play last year, I think Bama needs to roll... How often do we see posts about being in the toughest division in the toughest conference? Especially now with people being upset at us likely going to the Liberty Bowl. One thing I've seen repeatedly is how we deserve a better bowl because we finished 3rd in the "best division in the best conference". If the SECW doesn't significantly improve in the postseason from last year, it will become more and more difficult to have that claim. And obviously Bama is the poster child for the SEC.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

spiritof92

I hate Bama and OU.
Mich St bores me to tears.

I'm pulling for Clemson.

The Kig

The SEC needs Bama to win.  I would have rooted for Iowa if they made it, but their D couldn't hold at the end.  Carolina got robbed by officials who wanted to make sure an ACC team made it to the playoffs, so I hope they get best by 50.

Oklahoma is the best team right now, but I can't stand them.  Roll Tide
Poker Porker

longpig

Bama, I'm an SEC  homer postseason, the Tide rolling in the payoffs lands UofA a bigger check too.
Don't be scared, be smart.

SPAL

Roll Tide baby.

Michigan state if not bama. Clemson if not msu. Oklahoma, under no circumstances will I root for them.

spiritof92

Quote from: The Kig on December 05, 2015, 11:48:59 pm
The SEC needs Bama to win.  I would have rooted for Iowa if they made it, but their D couldn't hold at the end.  Carolina got robbed by officials who wanted to make sure an ACC team made it to the playoffs, so I hope they get best by 50.

Oklahoma is the best team right now, but I can't stand them.  Roll Tide

I'm not sure there was a motive behind the bad call.  ACC refs are ridiculously bad no matter who's playing.

code red

Bama and from what I've seen it should be  cake walk
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

3kgthog

Bama is going to have trouble. They won't steamroll either opponent no matter what your SEC homerism tells you. They won't be facing Florida levels of offensive ineptness.

Atlhogfan1

Attack Bama downfield vertically.  Saban has adjusted to the horizontal stuff and has fast, good LBs.  It is the S's that is the "weak" spot.  Attack deep middle.  If an offense can, they will have a chance.  If they try to run and play line of scrimmage, nevermind. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogarusa

Rooting preferences would be 1 Clemson 2 Michigan St 3 OU

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 06, 2015, 12:21:20 am
Bama is going to have trouble. They won't steamroll either opponent no matter what your SEC homerism tells you. They won't be facing Florida levels of offensive ineptness.

This.
I'm pulling for Alabama but I don't think they'll win it all this year. Personally, I don't think Coker is good enough to lead them to the championship.

SPAL

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on December 06, 2015, 02:29:00 am
This.
I'm pulling for Alabama but I don't think they'll win it all this year. Personally, I don't think Coker is good enough to lead them to the championship.

Yes he is. But he doesn't have to be great. He has improved dramatically since we played them. The pass he made against Florida where he fit into the tightest window possible was an NFL throw.

scruf

Looks like GoHogs is already stuffing Venables' ballot box.

AFWarrior83

Bama bc it represents the SEC. Outside of Michigan St being a Big 10 team, I like them too, because I think they are a great program that is usually the underdog.
Hogville member since 2005.

SpaCityHawg

Given those options, I'll take Frito pie. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

ChitownHawg

If Bama wins it all our cut of the bowl money should be higher, so Roll Tide Roll.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

bigredone

Oklahoma, with its loss to one of the worst teams in the Power conferences, should not make the playoff. Add to that they don't play a conference championship game. The only way a little 12 team should have a chance is with a perfect season.

Iowa would deserve being in more than Oklahoma.

zane

Frick Bama

I'm pulling either for Sparty or OU (I do live in OKC after all)
RIP LSUfan

HogimusMaximus

Anyone but Bama.  I like Clemson the best out of the 4, but don;t think they will win it.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Hoggish1

MSU.  But if Bama wins it, Saban could seek another challenge.

swineology

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 06, 2015, 07:40:44 am

RTR and Saban heads to the NFL

Hoggish1

Quote from: spiritof92 on December 05, 2015, 11:57:11 pm
I'm not sure there was a motive behind the bad call.  ACC refs are ridiculously bad no matter who's playing.

The ACC refs have been studying the SEC refs for years.  They finally achieved the right touch...

Hoggish1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 06, 2015, 02:36:58 am
Yes he is. But he doesn't have to be great. He has improved dramatically since we played them. The pass he made against Florida where he fit into the tightest window possible was an NFL throw.

Yep.

jlhogfan

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SRV

Roll Tide. I would like to see Boomer Bob get hammered by Saban. Bama and Clemson or MSU would be a great game.

Woo pig!
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

The Boar War

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 06, 2015, 07:40:44 am

What makes you think Saban wants a challenge?  He might talk a good game but he left a challenge in Miami to return to more comfortable surroundings in a talent rich, tradition laden program.  That's not to say he isn't a great coach.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

The Kig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 06, 2015, 07:43:36 am
The ACC refs have been studying the SEC refs for years.  They finally achieved the right touch...

Thought I saw Curles whispering in one of their ears... In true Curles fashion, the flag was thrown before the "offsides" was even possible. Loved it when the announcing crew drew a big yellow line and showed nobody was even within a yard of it, other than the kicker. 
Poker Porker

bphi11ips

Arkansas needs Alabama to win.  Otherwise I couldn't care less.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogarusa

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 06, 2015, 08:52:41 am
Arkansas needs Alabama to win.  Otherwise I couldn't care less.

Why? How has Alabamas previous national titles helped Arkansas?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

The Divine Swine

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 06, 2015, 09:24:51 am

You were not asking me, but I will answer. Hogs need the SEC to remain dominant nationally speaking for a lot of reasons, but mostly for recruiting. Right now we lose to Bama in recruiting hands down, but because the SEC is so dominant this is alluring to other recruits. They say "Hey, I want to play in the SEC" well that broadens even our prospects. We can beat out the OU's of the region for some recruits because the SEC is so highly regarded. Plus we get more money the more the SEC wins in the post season.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

jkstock04

I wanna see Clemson win it all....but what I would love more than that is to see OU completely embarrass Alabama again. That was freaking hilarious last time when they gave them the beatdown.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogfan1660

Bama because of the SEC and MSU because they beat tOSU and hopefully ruined any chance of making the playoffs!!!

OklaU

Quote from: bigredone on December 06, 2015, 07:04:44 am
Oklahoma, with its loss to one of the worst teams in the Power conferences, should not make the playoff. Add to that they don't play a conference championship game. The only way a little 12 team should have a chance is with a perfect season.

Iowa would deserve being in more than Oklahoma.

You're being silly.  No way Iowa is more deserving.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

Buff

OU had a fluke loss in a rivalry game.  To end the season they beat 3 ranked teams in a row in Baylor, TCU, and OSU....and none of those games were even close.  I hate them, but living here in OKC I wouldn't cry crocodile tears if they won it.  Not sure they have the Defense to stop Bama's rushing attack, but they may have the best shot to beat Clemson in this Playoff. 

I still want the SEC to have the title again though, I just hope Saban can keep the defense tuned up with the loss of Kirby Smart.  I know better than to bet against Saban when he has so much time to prepare. 

Bama/Mich. St. and OU/Clemson is what I hope for in the first round.

jjdlc

I have a ton of family in Oklahoma, to keep things civil, we generally root for each other as long as we aren't playing one another.  However, under no circumstance will I root for OU in the playoffs.

jgphillips3

This is a tough one for me.  I am pulling for Alabama to restore some conference credibility.  However, Michigan State is one of my "adopted" teams from other parts of the country and I love what Dantonio has done there.  I don't like Oklahoma or Clemson so, if the current ranking positions hold, I'll be pulling for an Alabama-MSU title game (assuming our match ups are Clemson-MSU & Alabama-Oklahoma).

Peter Porker

We need Bama to win so they can continue to get 5 star recruits. Plus, them winning gets respect for Kentucky and Vanderbilt football.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

I guess it's better to say we lost, again, to the defending national champions..... :-[
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HogBreath

Lol..isn't that the truth..screw Bama & Saban.  Do not care for BlowU either, Clemson=meh...that just leaves Michigan State, who I love because they beat Ohio State.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

jlhogfan

So we can do the "SEC, SEC" chant when we beat mid Big 12 teams