Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Playoff Team Are You Rooting For?

Started by NuttinItUp, December 05, 2015, 11:08:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Playoff Team are you going to root for?

Clemson
34 (10%)
Alabama
224 (66.1%)
Oklahoma
17 (5%)
Michigan State
64 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 339

SemperHawg

Sparty all day man...In a conference full of teams that I don't like, I really like Dantonio and what he's done there.

Hog in MO

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on December 06, 2015, 06:55:41 am
Given those options, I'll take Frito pie. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Second.
With onions & jalapenos please.

kuhog

I'm rooting for whoever is playing Alabama.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 06, 2015, 06:58:49 am
If Bama wins it all our cut of the bowl money should be higher, so Roll Tide Roll.

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems.

SemperHawg

I am rooting for whoever plays OU as well.  Funny how there is almost no talk of the Mixon situation now that they are in the playoff.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TheRazorback500

OU because I've been there (studying something the UA doesn't offer), Alabama for the conference.. Heck, I can't do it. I only ROOT for one team  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

spiritof92

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 06, 2015, 09:24:51 am
Why? How has Alabamas previous national titles helped Arkansas?

Because some people think playing in the same conference as the national champ makes your own program elite.  Personally, I don't think it makes any difference.  Coaches, schemes, campus, ect... play a much bigger role in recruiting than the conference you're in.  A recruit that loves to surf is probably not coming to Arkansas. 

Birminghog

Clemson, Bama, Bama in chronological order.

HogNdazs

Bama.  I always root for SEC against out of conference foes.

HotlantaHog

Danny J

MSU...no question UNLESS Saban comes out before the game and announces that he will retire if he wins it all. Then I will root for Bama.

Actually would have no problem with Clemson winning either but would prefer MSU. I hope Clemson curb stomps OU.

Oliver

OU over Clemson
Bama over State

OU over Bama

Not necessarily my rooting preferences but this is how it'll play out

Iamjacksleftnutt

I am pulling from Bama. But I believe that Michigan St. will win it all. TBH I really wanted Iowa in and for them to win it all. The blue bloods of college football gets old. Someone other than Alabama or OSU winning it all is always nice and good for college football. Nick Saban is far too conservative on offense, especially earlier on in games. Its going to get him beat against better teams.

TNhogfan

1.  Clemson
2.  Michigan State
3.  Bama if they play OU but I'll watch the title game on one of the Film Room channel's ESPN does if they play

Pig In The City

Michigan State or Bama. Doesn't really matter

rogershogfan16

PORKULATOR

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on December 05, 2015, 11:16:26 pm
I like Dabo Swinney a lot.

I hope either Clemson or Alabama does it.
my sentiments exactly.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

GoHogs1091

I heard them say on the ESPN show earlier today that it is thought that Alabama got the most favorable draw.  I don't know if that is indeed the case.

Michigan State is very well coached and very disciplined.  MSU is more disciplined and more sound on Defense than the SEC Defenses Alabama played against this season, therefore, MSU has the real possibility of slowing down Henry enough.  MSU could make it where the game will have to be won by Coker and the really only 1 main Alabama WR (Ridley).  The potential problematic aspect for Alabama though is that MSU's Secondary has really improved as the season has progressed.

Alabama facing a QB like Connor Cook in the Semi-Final game won't help Alabama prepare for the type of mobile QB Alabama would face in the NC game (either Watson or Mayfield).  It would have been better for Alabama to face Mayfield in the Semi-Final game in case they would have to face Watson in the NC game.

Alabama has not faced a QB this season like Watson or Mayfield.  Chad Kelly was the closest QB to those 2 that Alabama has faced this season.

John Futrall

buffaload

Quote from: The Divine Swine on December 06, 2015, 09:35:49 am
You were not asking me, but I will answer. Hogs need the SEC to remain dominant nationally speaking for a lot of reasons, but mostly for recruiting. Right now we lose to Bama in recruiting hands down, but because the SEC is so dominant this is alluring to other recruits. They say "Hey, I want to play in the SEC" well that broadens even our prospects. We can beat out the OU's of the region for some recruits because the SEC is so highly regarded. Plus we get more money the more the SEC wins in the post season.

Delusional.

Razorback_Mack

It defies logic to pull for a team that has beat us the last 9 years. The reasons people use to justify pulling for Alabama are dumb dumb dumb. Clay Travis dumb. Every year we've won the west they've been down. It would be borderline erotic to watch them lose a heartbreaker and the tears would roll tears roll.

jvanhorn

Quote from: bigredone on December 06, 2015, 07:04:44 am
Oklahoma, with its loss to one of the worst teams in the Power conferences, should not make the playoff. Add to that they don't play a conference championship game. The only way a little 12 team should have a chance is with a perfect season.

Iowa would deserve being in more than Oklahoma.\

You are right.  They did not have a championship game.  THEY JUST PLAYED EVER SINGLE TEAM IN THEIR CONFERENCE.  Unlike some teams that only play certain teams ever 3 or 4 years and often avoid having to playing very good teams.

Hogarusa

Quote from: The Divine Swine on December 06, 2015, 09:35:49 am
You were not asking me, but I will answer. Hogs need the SEC to remain dominant nationally speaking for a lot of reasons, but mostly for recruiting. Right now we lose to Bama in recruiting hands down, but because the SEC is so dominant this is alluring to other recruits. They say "Hey, I want to play in the SEC" well that broadens even our prospects. We can beat out the OU's of the region for some recruits because the SEC is so highly regarded. Plus we get more money the more the SEC wins in the post season.

Thanks. These talking points...i dont know who thought of them but they sure do get run alot on Hogville.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

311Hog

big red A not that much of a stretch to root for :p

but kidding aside people are nuts if they do not think whom ever or more specifically which conference wins the National Championship doesn't help every member of that conference by association because it absolutely does.  If Bama wins it, every SEC next year will benefit from being in the perceived and backed up "best conference" in the nation.  More SEC teams will be ranked preseason, the perceived conference schedule will be graded higher, etc. etc.

Not to mention I believe if Bama makes it past the semi final game that is more $$$ into the bowl pool to be divided up amongst the other SEC teams.

Besides I could care less about Clemson, or MSU, and for damn sure do not care about Choklahoma. Clemson wins all of the sudden ACC isn't just a basketball school you will never hear the end of it, MSU wins see Ohio State winning it, and well lets not even go into how loud and annoying ole Sooner nation will be right next door to us should they happen to win it, and that is only compounded by the fact they got the doors blown off by Texas in the same year. that is lose lose my friends.

Nipsey Mussle

Roll Damn Tide!

I'm pulling for Bama, but I think either OU or Bama win it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RME

The people pulling for Bama are probably also the ones who incessantly gripe and moan when Bama lands a recruit Arkansas was in the running for, more so in state guys who leave to go to Bama.

Nick Saban has said before that he lays his championship rings on his desk right in front of where recruits sit when they talk to him. Why would any Arkansas fan want him to add to those rings?

Torqued pork

urkillnmesmalls

Rooting for them or not, if Bama loses that's going to REALLY have the anti-SEC dominance pundits out in force.  With Bama losing to OU a few years back, and then getting beat last year by OSU, the 10 year run of dominance is starting to wither away quickly. 

We'll continue to hear how big and bad the SEC is by most ESPN analysts, because of the contracts in place, but there will be a lot of rumblings if Bama lays an egg this year. 

I liked the analysis from the poster above.  Henry is a beast, but if a team can stop him, I'm far from convinced that Bama has the complimentary weapons to move the ball well against a good defense.  MSU may be their toughest hurdle right out of the gate matchup wise, because USCe scored 37 on Clemson to close out the season, and OU played against teams what were riddled with injuries to close the season and I'm not sold on their defense.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

311Hog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 07, 2015, 10:20:09 am
Rooting for them or not, if Bama loses that's going to REALLY have the anti-SEC dominance pundits out in force.  With Bama losing to OU a few years back, and then getting beat last year by OSU, the 10 year run of dominance is starting to wither away quickly. 

We'll continue to hear how big and bad the SEC is by most ESPN analysts, because of the contracts in place, but there will be a lot of rumblings if Bama lays an egg this year. 

I liked the analysis from the poster above.  Henry is a beast, but if a team can stop him, I'm far from convinced that Bama has the complimentary weapons to move the ball well against a good defense.  MSU may be their toughest hurdle right out of the gate matchup wise, because USCe scored 37 on Clemson to close out the season, and OU played against teams what were riddled with injuries to close the season and I'm not sold on their defense.     

I agree, but i also think that having Drake back, and the emergence of Ridley will help provide additional options.  Lots of people point to the number of carries Henry gets but alot of those are to "ice" games late.  Will definitely be a slug fest for sure, but i am not sure Cook will survive it.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: HogBreath on December 06, 2015, 11:40:43 am
Lol..isn't that the truth..screw Bama & Saban.  Do not care for BlowU either, Clemson=meh...that just leaves Michigan State, who I love because they beat Ohio State.

Plus 1 sir, my sentiments exactly.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 07, 2015, 08:32:59 am

My goodness the gumps are a special breed.

As much as I don't like our division rivals, I like Dabo, and will root for them against OU.  I will root for MSU to win it all.

MC_Hog

None of them. I only watch & pull for the Hogs.

BadHog

Quote from: spiritof92 on December 05, 2015, 11:57:11 pm
I'm not sure there was a motive behind the bad call.  ACC refs are ridiculously bad no matter who's playing.

I thought SEC refs were notoriously bad! :)

And I don't give a rats ass who wins the CFP. Go Hogs!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: 311Hog on December 07, 2015, 10:36:47 am
I agree, but i also think that having Drake back, and the emergence of Ridley will help provide additional options.  Lots of people point to the number of carries Henry gets but alot of those are to "ice" games late.  Will definitely be a slug fest for sure, but i am not sure Cook will survive it.

We think Bama's defense is a cut above, but it wasn't like they were lining up against prolific offenses every week in the SEC this season.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

reddogjcss

I'm always for SEC so BAMA,
If Auburn was in it I would be rooting for them to lose, any other SEC team I would want them to win.

Peter Porker

Rooting for Bama to win is like rooting for the neighborhood bully, who has whooped your son for 9 years, to beat up a kid from another neighborhood because "he makes our neighborhood look good".
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

No one thinks Vanderbilt is a powerhouse because Bama wins the national championship.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 05, 2015, 11:53:55 pm
Roll Tide baby.

Michigan state if not bama. Clemson if not msu. Oklahoma, under no circumstances will I root for them.

Absolutely.

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 07, 2015, 10:22:44 pm
No one thinks Vanderbilt is a powerhouse because Bama wins the national championship.

The next time I need an example of a straw man argument, I am going to use this post. Thank you for providing a textbook example.

31to6

Bama fans would be rooting for us if we were in the playoffs.

If not Bama, MSU.

Augustus

A Bama win helps the Hogs, no?

We get a share of the payout? http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/revenue-distribution

Though I'm not sure how the payout breaks down...

Also, a Bama Natty helps our strength of schedule and keeps the idiots like Danny Kanell and Colin Cowherd at bay.

(sigh)... Roll Tide

Peter Porker

Quote from: Augustus on December 07, 2015, 11:24:30 pm
A Bama win helps the Hogs, no?

We get a share of the payout? http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/revenue-distribution

Though I'm not sure how the payout breaks down...

Also, a Bama Natty helps our strength of schedule and keeps the idiots like Danny Kanell and Colin Cowherd at bay.

(sigh)... Roll Tide

We get a share regardless if they win or lose.

Peter Porker

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on December 07, 2015, 11:05:18 pm
The next time I need an example of a straw man argument, I am going to use this post. Thank you for providing a textbook example.

It's not a strawman. I've read ppl talk about needing Bama to win to make the conference look good. As I said, no one thinks Vandy, or Kentucky, or SCAR, or even us are powerhouses because Bama wins.

NuttinItUp

I haven't seen anyone mention Vanderbilt or Kentucky.

However, presumably their minute amount of respect they currently receive might increase some as well. It's like the difference between earning a 20% return on $1 million or a 20% return on $10. Sure, it will increase, but the number is so much lower to begin with, does it really matter?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 07, 2015, 11:27:59 pm
It's not a strawman. I've read ppl talk about needing Bama to win to make the conference look good. As I said, no one thinks Vandy, or Kentucky, or SCAR, or even us are powerhouses because Bama wins.

No, but if we BEAT Bama, then it helps us immensely.  You guys that don't want the SEC teams to do well continue to confuse me.  How can you possibly argue that it helps us to beat Bama as a defending NC FAR MORE than it would if they had been struggling to win 6 games for a few years in a row?  It ABSOLUTELY helps us EVERY time the SEC does well, because if it does poorly, then the wins we get in conference are diminished greatly.  It's EXACTLY why the SEC has the reputation it has....they win their out of conference and bowl games.  Start losing them...and we'll be thought of more like the ACC.  Fact. 

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 08, 2015, 12:21:51 am
No, but if we BEAT Bama, then it helps us immensely.  You guys that don't want the SEC teams to do well continue to confuse me.  How can you possibly argue that it helps us to beat Bama as a defending NC FAR MORE than it would if they had been struggling to win 6 games for a few years in a row?  It ABSOLUTELY helps us EVERY time the SEC does well, because if it does poorly, then the wins we get in conference are diminished greatly.  It's EXACTLY why the SEC has the reputation it has....they win their out of conference and bowl games.  Start losing them...and we'll be thought of more like the ACC.  Fact.

That is way too consistent, rational, and logical to be posting here.