Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark Couple arrested for making Deer Tamales.

Started by DeltaBoy, February 28, 2014, 01:14:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 18, 2014, 06:57:33 am
Exactly.  They weren't arrested for making deer tamales.

The facts wouldn't fit the agenda though.

Original article says they had multiple violations.  "Buying & Selling wildlife", was among those.  When you are selling Tamales with deer meat in them.... that is the selling part.  He wasn't buying deer meat, putting it in Tamales, & giving it away for free.  There would be no need for him to illegally buy the deer meat....if he wasn't using it in his Tamales.  If he hadn't been making deer Tamales, he would not have been arrested.  None of the violations he was charged with, would have ever taken place.

Capt. of the AGFC, said the man was "gathering all the illegal deer meat he could get".  Hard to keep a Tamale stand business afloat, if you are not selling the meat you buy.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Dillar Dog

Right.  They weren't arrested for making deer tamales.  Making deer tamales is perfectly legal.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Wayne Watson on March 17, 2014, 06:43:43 pm

Heard next week they will have a chicken pot pie on the menu made with woodpeckers.  Should be tasty.

Gee....hope they remove the bills on those woodpeckers before they stick them in those "Woodpecker pot pies"........specially if any are the "Ivory" billed ones , that Uncle Ivan mentioned.  Those dudes could really be expensive.  That Tamale stand better stick with deer meat...or they will be the one that is extinct...

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 18, 2014, 05:30:44 pm
Right.  They weren't arrested for making deer tamales.  Making deer tamales is perfectly legal.

Lol.... You may want to read the article carefully.  It talks about it being illegal to sell wild game.  Not sure what you don't understand about the "Selling" part of that.  Selling deer Tamales is illegal, & that is what they were doing with the deer meat they bought from undercover wildlife officers.....& were selling at their Tamale stand.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 18, 2014, 05:53:39 pm
Lol.... You may want to read the article carefully.  It talks about it being illegal to sell wild game.  Not sure what you don't understand about the "Selling" part of that.  Selling deer Tamales is illegal, & that is what they were doing with the deer meat they bought from undercover wildlife officers.....& were selling at their Tamale stand.

I did.  That's what led me to posting that the misleading thread title is misleading.

You won't get arrested for making deer tamales.  That's just a fact.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 18, 2014, 06:09:20 pm
I did.  That's what led me to posting that the misleading thread title is misleading.

You won't get arrested for making deer tamales.  That's just a fact.

They did.....& that's a fact.

Its not just making deer tamales.....its selling them.  Anybody can make deer Tamales......as long as you don't..."buy" ...or ...."sell" them.  They did both.

Dillar Dog

So, in your world it's illegal to MAKE deer tamales.

Got it.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 18, 2014, 06:22:45 pm

So, in your world it's illegal to MAKE deer tamales.

Got it.

You are very aware of what I was saying multiple times....what the article said, & what the AGFC said... was illegal.  Everything the Tamale stand was doing....was illegal.   From the buying, to the preparing for sale, (making) & to the selling. 

Dillar Dog

Yes I was.  I'm not sure you were aware of what I've been saying since my first post on this misleading thread.

No one was arrested for MAKING deer tamales.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 18, 2014, 07:33:25 pm
Yes I was.  I'm not sure you were aware of what I've been saying since my first post on this misleading thread.

No one was arrested for MAKING deer tamales.

Give it a damn break.  Maybe the thread title should have been worded differently.  Who give a rat's ass?  This ain't the Politics Forum. 
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Dillar Dog

DeltaBoy

So If some one gives me a wild hog to make sausage out of and I charge him for the sausage I am breaking the law cause a wild hog is a game animal just like a deer.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 19, 2014, 09:01:38 am

So If some one gives me a wild hog to make sausage out of and I charge him for the sausage I am breaking the law cause a wild hog is a game animal just like a deer.

Arkansas (& many other states) do not consider feral (wild) hogs as a game animal, like they do deer & many other types of wildlife.  You can hunt hogs year round, & can even leave them where they are shot if you choose. There would be no game laws you would be breaking.  If you are selling the (hog) meat you are processing, then you would more than likely need a permit/license from the Health dept, or similar agency.  Probably the same type of permit, etc., a processing plant needs... when you bring in a deer to get processed.  There would have to be some kind of regulation, if you were processing for sale.

DeltaBoy

Yep I understand that Mr. Brown who used to process meat for folks in Monroe County was a former butcher and had a Health Permit in his office.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

HogBreath

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 18, 2014, 09:44:02 am
IMO the State entrapped them.  Glad they are back in business.
Me too...this has gotten me hungry for some of those good ole deer tamales...wonder if you can get them shipped, I'm too far from Pangburn to drive up. 

Do they have a web site where you can order some or maybe call them and get a few dozen delivered?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

DeltaBoy

I not sure and after their troubles I would not dare ship any lest the USPO gets after them.