Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fielding issues - softball

Started by hawg1221, February 18, 2018, 08:20:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

I mentioned this last year and nothing has changed. Yes I know that it's only a few games into the season, but if Arkansas really wants to be competitive in the SEC, they must improve on their fielding errors. I don't know the importance of certain players as an offensive threat, but surely they've recruited someone who can make plays on defense. I even watched last year some plays that weren't called errors that their SEC counterparts make routinely. We need to improve our infield defense. I think all other areas are SEC caliber. If we can shore up this area, we will be a very good team.

psycHOGlogist

Some of it is early season jitters/rust, but you are absolutely correct. Up the middle, in particular, we look very suspect. I hope we can improve.

hawg1221

They won tonight, but later in conference play that won't fly.

pigture perfect

They are getting better it seems. WPS.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hawg1221

I'm just a big fan of softball and want them to do well. I like the coach.

rolyat_2008

I think it might be a case of doing the best with what yew have have before being able to get what we want. No doubt it is the weakness and frustrating to give opponents multiple opportunities.

flippinhogmana

If Belans will give me a homer, two hits and two rbis every time she makes an error and Bugarin will give me a hit and an rbi every time she makes one, I will live with their fielding. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.