Started by bigpigpimpin, September 16, 2017, 07:23:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

The second best coach in the SEC ?

Stewhog 11

Yes and I don't think it's close.

PorkRinds

Paulsooie

They are looking really good, seems their defense has improved exponentially.
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

Granny fan

Yes! And he is definitely a motivational coach as well!  HDN was not a good coach, but he could definitely motivate his players.

Bacon_Bitz

This is a funny point. Look at his first five years at Misstake. Not much better than CBB's. Especially considering that pitiful school does everything they can to avoid scheduling P5 OOC games.

Dark Helmet Hog

His teams are almost always competitive and he can develop a QB.

Bubba's Bruisers

Never understood why he's lasted so long at MSU?  Is there something underlying with him that makes him unattractive to bigger programs?  As I recall, he and the FL AD didn't get along when he was OC.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Justagp

dhizzle

He's a great coach, but all it takes is one hard hit on that qb say maybe to the knees and you're looking at sucking.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 16, 2017, 07:32:19 pm
This is a funny point. Look at his first five years at Misstake. Not much better than CBB's. Especially considering that pitiful school does everything they can to avoid scheduling P5 OOC games.

He never would have seen year 6 here...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 07:35:46 pm
Never understood why he's lasted so long at MSU?  Is there something underlying with him that makes him unattractive to bigger programs?  As I recall, he and the FL AD didn't get along when he was OC.

He actually fell in love with the place.
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Unnamed Source

His guys do look fast and the offense is fun to watch. Not saying I want him at the UA but everyone there sure looks like they are having a better time than we are right now.

JaketheSnake

I like Mullen and think he is a really good coach.  Compare his first 5-6 years to CBBs.  Very similar in record, maybe not style.

King Kong

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 16, 2017, 07:39:32 pm

Bullcrap. He has tried to take a new job the last 5 offseasons. He just hasn't been able to find someone else that will pay him 4+million

daprospecta

I'm tired of this! Everybody looks competent but us.  I just want to see my hogs play better. Is that asking so much? I'm not even talking about wins, just play better.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: daprospecta on September 16, 2017, 07:50:09 pm
I'm tired of this! Everybody looks competent but us.  I just want to see my hogs play better. Is that asking so much? I'm not even talking about wins, just play better.

You mean you don't like all the slow developing, deep handoffs?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Paul

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 16, 2017, 07:39:32 pm
ha!  U pay me that much money & I'll say I luv Starkvegas!

PorkRinds

Did you watch football today?

daprospecta

jcbville

I saw a lot of incompetent looking football around the SEC today.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: daprospecta on September 16, 2017, 07:54:44 pm
I'm referencing the SEC.

Um, the SEC pretty much sucks this year. 

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

lakecityhog

Not sure that I would call this record bad or even average! 9-4-----10-3----9-4
plus an overall record of 63-42. I think most of us would take that and run with it right now!
I have to believe that he could recruit better here than Starkville.

Year   Team   Overall   Conference   Standing   Bowl/playoffs   Coaches#   AP°
Mississippi State Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2009–present)
2009   Mississippi State   5–7   3–5   T–4th (Western)         
2010   Mississippi State   9–4   4–4   5th (Western)   W Gator   17   15
2011   Mississippi State   7–6   2–6   5th (Western)   W Music City      
2012   Mississippi State   8–5   4–4   4th (Western)   L Gator      
2013   Mississippi State   7–6   3–5   T–5th (Western)   W Liberty      
2014   Mississippi State   10–3   6–2   2nd (Western)   L Orange†   12   11
2015   Mississippi State   9–4   4–4   5th (Western)   W Belk      
2016   Mississippi State   6–7   3–5   T–5th (Western)   W St. Petersburg      
2017   Mississippi State   2–0   0–0   (Western)         
Mississippi State:   63–42   29–35

BigoBoys

Dark Helmet Hog

Based on the way they've played so far this year, Mississippi State may just be the 2nd best team in the SEC this year. They sure look good against LSU right now. I think they play Georgia next week. That will be a good test.

codeHog

always heard he was a bit odd...not a good interview.
the old florida AD was supposed to have hated him ????

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 16, 2017, 08:10:38 pm
Nutts record was 75-48. Fans wanted him gone. Delusional fan base is delusional.

Had nothing to do with his record. He was a d-bag.

His teams have pulled defeat from the jaws of victory time after time.  The offensive play calling, in general, over the years usually makes mistakes that cost them games time after time.  He may be the second best HC in the SEC right now.  That doesn't speak of how good he is, just how bad the SEC coaches are.  Collectively, SEC HCs are stinking up the league.  Ole BB may be #1 in that group. 

PonderinHog

hehawg

Lswho was overrated from the get go but state looks solid
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: King Kong on September 16, 2017, 07:48:12 pm
Bullcrap. He has tried to take a new job the last 5 offseasons. He just hasn't been able to find someone else that will pay him 4+million

LOL..! OK.

Pigsknuckles

Corn dogs look whipped.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 16, 2017, 08:18:38 pm
So was petrino.

Worked out for him too didn't it? Well, at least here any way. Different kind of d-bag and a much better coach.

Letsroll1200

Steef

Dark Helmet Hog

PonderinHog

thebignasty

mistake is going to murder us.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Steef on September 16, 2017, 08:27:23 pm
MSU looks good.

Mullen is king of more with less.  Dude can coach.

jjfmetal11

Jeff please offer him a 50 million dollar buyout as soon as possible!!   No really DM is the Man!

dhizzle

They have a walk on kicker that has made three field goals. I think I heard a 41 yarder in this game.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Steef on September 16, 2017, 08:27:23 pm
MSU looks good.

They look prepared for the game and are taking care of business.  LSU looks confused and not prepared for a game of football.

NorthDallas40

Well he has a huge QB - a rich man's Matt Jones - that is making him look smart. Fitzgerald is a stud. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT - we have a back QB that could be the real deal too. AND YOU KNOW WHAT - he won't play a meaningful snap all year, in part, because it builds in another excuse NEXT YEAR for Long and Brett to plead their case for needing more time. If you don't think that's crossed these mediocre Mary's minds you've never been in corporate America before.

Poker_hog

His recruiting is nothing special but he's one of the few that can win with 3 star players in this conference.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on September 16, 2017, 08:37:07 pm
Well he has a huge QB - a rich man's Matt Jones - that is making him look smart. Fitzgerald is a stud. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT - we have a back QB that could be the real deal too. AND YOU KNOW WHAT - he won't play a meaningful snap all year, in part, because it builds in another excuse NEXT YEAR for Long and Brett to plead their case for needing more time. If you don't think that's crossed these mediocre Mary's minds you've never been in corporate America before.

This was the same dig at Him when he had Prescott too.  It's a ludicrous assertion.  He recruited those QB's.  Signed those QB's.  And coached and developed those QB's.  Mullen is legit.

And probably the last thing our OL needs right now is the pressure of protecting a 6-7, 270 QB.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 16, 2017, 08:40:31 pm
His recruiting is nothing special but he's one of the few that can win with 3 star players in this conference.

Nobody's recruiting is special in Starkville.

sickboy

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 16, 2017, 07:57:13 pm
Not sure that I would call this record bad or even average! 9-4-----10-3----9-4
plus an overall record of 63-42. I think most of us would take that and run with it right now!
I have to believe that he could recruit better here than Starkville.

Year   Team   Overall   Conference   Standing   Bowl/playoffs   Coaches#   AP°
Mississippi State Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2009–present)
2009   Mississippi State   5–7   3–5   T–4th (Western)         
2010   Mississippi State   9–4   4–4   5th (Western)   W Gator   17   15
2011   Mississippi State   7–6   2–6   5th (Western)   W Music City      
2012   Mississippi State   8–5   4–4   4th (Western)   L Gator      
2013   Mississippi State   7–6   3–5   T–5th (Western)   W Liberty      
2014   Mississippi State   10–3   6–2   2nd (Western)   L Orange†   12   11
2015   Mississippi State   9–4   4–4   5th (Western)   W Belk      
2016   Mississippi State   6–7   3–5   T–5th (Western)   W St. Petersburg      
2017   Mississippi State   2–0   0–0   (Western)         
Mississippi State:   63–42   29–35

That's ridiculous at Miss State. Especially considering that's been during the midst of the SEC West's dominance and Saban's dynasty.

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

JaketheSnake

Mullens classes have been very similar to ours.  Last few years his rankings are almost identical.  1 class top 20, 1 class mid-30s