Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett

Started by Dmacattack, August 04, 2017, 09:28:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razor girl on August 11, 2017, 11:30:54 pm
Dang Zeke . Are you sure that you're a Razorback fan. No one is saying that Mallett is a superstar .I do think he is a solid back up. Wish nothing but the best for him.

Zeke has never liked Mallett. I think Ryan may have taken Zeke's girl.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

onebadrubi

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 11, 2017, 07:03:49 pm
Does that include Bill Belichick?  Who traded Mallet for a lukewarm six-pack of Pabst and handed his job to Jimmy Garoppolo?  Yes, let's start with him.  (sigh)

Dayum you are dumb. 

Deep Shoat

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 12, 2017, 01:18:34 pm
Sure.

1. Admitted that was error by cutting him loose for much less.
2. Cassel got moved for starter equity: Mallett just "got moved."
3. If Mallett could play? Bill doesn't mind paying regardless of age/status. (See Seau, Jr., or Moss, Randy.)
4. No issue. Bill's actions say Mallett sucks.

So does Ryan's career performance.
The question I have is this:

Why would a Razorback fan hate on a Razorback player so much and so often?
All Gas, No Brakes!

bennyl08

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 12, 2017, 01:18:34 pm
Sure.

1. Admitted that was error by cutting him loose for much less.
2. Cassel got moved for starter equity: Mallett just "got moved."
3. If Mallett could play? Bill doesn't mind paying regardless of age/status. (See Seau, Jr., or Moss, Randy.)
4. No issue. Bill's actions say Mallett sucks.

So does Ryan's career performance.

1. You clearly don't understand how the NFL works. Case in point, Anquan Boldin. Baltimore traded him to SF for a measely 6th round pick. Why? Baltimore thought that he was on the back end of his stellar career and wouldn't be able to pay him what somebody else would when he went on to free agency. He went for 1k yards the next two seasons and still hasn't dropped below 60 receptions. The cheap trade had nothing to do with his actual worth. It has to do with getting something back for your team where you would otherwise get nothing. Mallett wasn't going to go back to NE to sit on the bench. Even if he was, NE wasn't going to pay a backup qb the price that some other team would for him to be their starter. So, NE traded him.

2. Cassel had had just gone 11-5 in stead of Brady's injury and then didn't do much else after leaving NE. Also, I was mixing up NE backups. Mallett replaces Hoyer, not Cassel. Regardless, Patriots trusted Mallett enough to let Hoyer go and have Mallett as their only other qb on the roster.

3. He paid those guys to come in and be starters for the team. Bellechik isn't going to overpay anybody though. (See Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Wes Welker, Derrell Revis, Chandler Jones, Blount, etc...). Players coming off of stellar seasons or with really big games who still had a lot left in the tank were unceremoniously booted off the team.

4. No issue, they certainly don't say he sucked. If CBB thought that Mallett sucked, he would have brought in a veteran to come in and backup Brady. Nobody is going to go with a 2nd year rookie that they've seen practice with them for a full year and say this is the only other qb we want to have on our entire team, especially with Brady having missed the whole season just a couple of years before if they thought he sucked. Mallett beat out Hoyer in Patriot's practices.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 12, 2017, 01:56:29 pm
The question I have is this:

Why would a Razorback fan hate on a Razorback player so much and so often?

Zeke was fan-zoned by Mallett and he's bitter about it.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hoglady

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 12, 2017, 03:02:25 pm
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-protest-kaepernick-20170812-story.html

You've got to adore the stinger.

I could get 15 people to show up to protest anything at just about anytime day or night.
That's how many folks showed up to protest according to the article - doesn't send much of a message to Ravens management.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

oldhawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 12, 2017, 03:02:25 pm
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-protest-kaepernick-20170812-story.html

You've got to adore the stinger.

Your agenda shades your credibility.  If nothing else, you are predictable and consistent when it comes to all things Mallett.

threeNout

For 6 years now, QB's with a lot less talent have been handed the reins of teams around the league, have failed and have moved on, but not Mallett.

Throw him into the fire, for a four game stretch, his team, and see what happens.

Then we could make an honest evaluation if he's got it or not.

He got thrown into a situation two years ago, a 6 point underdog to a big rival, with 6 days to learn the Ravens offense, and he looked pretty darn good, leading them to victory.

Every other QB coming into the league is expected to get reps and get a good battle-tested evaluation.

But not Mallett in a lot of people's minds, he seems to get instant and permanent evaluation, not deserving of the same chances so many others have gotten, plus he's not Colin Kapernick, (and he could never be that good, right?) ???

Any evidence that Mallett might "have it", like the Pitt/Bal game two years ago, gets thrown out.

Tusks

Quote from: hoglady on August 12, 2017, 12:45:53 am
Whenever you see a thread about Mallett - you can bet a negative post from Zeke isn't too far behind.

You should get him started on CBP.  I don't know which he hates worse.  I do know that since they didn't beat Bama while here they sux no matter what the topic.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HamIAm

I can't believe people are seriously talking about Kaepernick to Baltimore. This is the city that had six days of riots over Freddie Gray's death. The Ravens had to cancel their draft party because of the riots. Then when the Baltimore AG tried six officers for murder, three were acquited before she dropped the case. She ended up being counter sued by the police.  And you think Kaepernick would be a good fit in this city?  What could possibly go wrong here?

hogsanity

Quote from: seasonhog on August 11, 2017, 05:50:39 pm

Just saw NFL video of Mallett passing game last night......anyone that say this guy can't play in the NFL......need to quit talking football......they are just making a fool of their selves.

I watched them break down his passing game last night, and carve up how poor it was.

But what would those guys know over a RM fanboy.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 15, 2017, 12:24:48 pm
And it's not just last night.  His -- horrid -- NFL game has been correctly discounted for years.

He is not horrid for a NFL backup. He has made a nice chunk of change doing that. He is just not going to be a starter that does anything. There have been guys make a good living as a NFL Qb that took few if any game snaps. With as much as teams rely on the QB, if he was as good as many here like to make him out to be someone would have ponied up to get him.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hog.goblin

Ryan struggled again last night, though not as bad as the stat line looks.

Both INTs were balls thrown to WR Adeboyejo.  The first was a good throw but a bad decision by Ryan.  It was a deep pass down the sideline but the defender simply stayed stride for stride with WR who made no move to break up the pass.  Ryan hit the defender perfectly.

The second pass was on a slant to Adeboyejo.  It was slightly behind him but he got both hands on it.  As he was going down the defender reached around and stole the ball from him.  I would say it happened fast enough the INT is right vs a fumble.

Ryan made a few good throws, including a couple where he looked good sliding around in the pocket.

He's a great guy IMO to have a backup.  He has a strong enough arm to come in and give a team a chance to win a game if the starter goes down.  At times he can look like a starter.

But the problem is his decision making.  He simply makes too many bad decisions to be a starter.  I'm not sure he'll show anything different, but I think he'll get the start until Flacco returns.

hog.goblin

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on August 18, 2017, 03:02:39 pm
You are correct, stats aren't an indefensible way to grade a QB.

But Mallett plays poorly when given the ball.  I cannot imagine the Ravens feel comfortable with him in anything but an emergency.

Which is why they are comfortable.  It's a short-term emergency situation.

HawgWild

Big article on Flacco in today's Baltimore Sun. Mallett doesn't even get mentioned. What's up with that.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-flacco-slump-experts-20171006-story.html

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HawgWild on October 07, 2017, 09:49:42 am
Big article on Flacco in today's Baltimore Sun. Mallett doesn't even get mentioned. What's up with that.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-flacco-slump-experts-20171006-story.html

Why would they? It's about Flaco. He isn't going to be benched unless he gets injured. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

sowmonella

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 07, 2017, 08:40:15 pm
Because he sucks.

Starting Mallett = season over. Nobody brings up the Hindenburg until you're actually on fire.

He's 29. Fully vested in NFL retirement fund. Earns $2,000,000 this year and has earned $10,000,000 in his career. The NFL doesn't seem to think he sucks. You seem to have an unhealthy obsession about RM. Anger issues?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Cinco de Hogo

Zeke for NFL commissioner!

That kind of tells you exactly how bad a job the current guy is doing. 😎

twistitup

Zeke is a old, pissed off ex-backup qb....that hates life
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hog.goblin

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 08, 2017, 03:41:34 pm
Not in the slightest.  It's the folks still riding his jock who have reality issues.

What's the over/under on a DUI or drug arrest within eighteen months (sooner rather than later) of him no longer being in the league?

He hasn't even been a respectable backup QB and -- per my original presumption -- is on par with Dan McGwire.  There's nothing wrong with that, once his apologists own it.

Dan McGwire?  As in the 16th overall pick, threw less career passes than Ryan did in 2015 alone, Dan McGwire?  They are both tall, I'll give you that.

hog.goblin

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 07, 2017, 08:40:15 pm
Because he sucks.

Starting Mallett = season over. Nobody brings up the Hindenburg until you're actually on fire.

Well he's in tonight and should play the entire 2nd half.  I expect a lot of handing off to Collin's and Allen.

Buff

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 26, 2017, 09:01:09 pm
Well he's in tonight and should play the entire 2nd half.  I expect a lot of handing off to Collin's and Allen.

After a TD pass in the first half.

HogFansReunited

Damn I hate the Ravens but they are going to force me to root for them now that two Hogs are playing.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hog.goblin

October 26, 2017, 11:58:39 pm #124 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:09:16 am by hog.goblin
Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 26, 2017, 11:15:22 pm
At least when Mallett coughed up the rock the Dolphins didn't recover.  But hey, there was that masterful two-yard TD pass, a sub 50% completion ratio and throwing for twenty yards, total.

Oh wait.  There was also THIS:

And a score of 27 - 0 while playing QB.  He's a great backup.  Will come in and not screw up the game plan.  He might play well, will likely be inaccurate but give your team a chance.

And 2 of those 4 incompletions were drops.  A third was almost a great catch.

hoglady

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 27, 2017, 12:48:31 am
I'm not certain about his backup abilities but it's not impossible he'll get a start if Flacco truly is concussed.

And Suh is a menace.

Suh has some serious mental issues.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality