Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why I think Chavis can be MORE successful here than at Texas A&M

Started by lakecityhog, January 11, 2018, 06:49:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AHiD

Quote from: The NewEra on January 13, 2018, 09:42:45 am
Based on Tennessee's decision to fire Fulmer and their subsequent stellar hiring decisions since that time, I would think doing just the opposite of what you suggest would be a good omen for the Arkansas program.  I feel even better than I already did with the decision to hire Chavis and I felt great about it before reading this post.

I mean honestly. They hired freaking Derek Dooley. Derek Dooley may have been the worst HC in the last 20 years in the SEC.
My name...is Jerruh

lakecityhog

Let's see, Tenner won an NC with Chavis as DC and LSU won an NC with Chavis as DC and BOTH fielded pretty darned good defenses.
What has Tenner done since Chavis left? Oh Yeah, NOTHING!!!!!

Flrazrback

Coach Chavis will do fine and give us a defense that performs. He has a great group of assistants in place. Honestly, we have no where to go but upward seeing as how last few seasons were terrible. Support Chavis and his staff based upon his Razorback defense, I think we will be very happy.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 11, 2018, 06:55:40 pm
seems like people think you need to run the ball to give defenses a rest.  that isn't really true.  the play clock is the same whether the game clock is running or not.  secondly, if you want your defense to rest, then you need first downs.  whether you get those running or passing is again irrelevant.  TOP only counts game clock.  not actual time.  it seems obvious, but also seems like that point is often overlooked in this discussion.

I agree.

The offense that really gives their defense a rest is the offense that juggles three consecutive passes as the receiver goes out of bounds. Your defense gets a 25 minute rest while all three are reviewed.