Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meet 32 Year Old Joe Craddock new Razorbacks O Coordinator (VIDEO EMBED)

Started by Scott Marshall, January 10, 2018, 01:53:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

Young and new offensive coordinator Joe Craddock Introductory Press Conference

Flrazrback

Young, sharp minded, and aggressive. He will relate very well to players. Welcome Coach Craddock

Ugly Uncle

So much in there about getting leaner.  Working with Coach Tru to get quicker.  From offensive linemen to our running backs.  I thought that was very interesting.
Retired Radio Host

RME

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 10, 2018, 05:08:33 pm
So much in there about getting leaner.  Working with Coach Tru to get quicker.  From offensive linemen to our running backs.  I thought that was very interesting.

Noticed that, too. He and Morris really harped on it throughout both of their pressers.

Meanwhile, Herbert just signed a contract at Michigan for $500k annually. Makes you wonder if his hands were tied by Bret as well. (I say "as well" because I'm on the train that believes Bret was overly controlling and never gave his assistants and coordinators enough freedom to do their thing.)

I understand that the S&C coach does the bidding of the head guy, but my point is Herb caught a lot of flack here, and it may not have been all his fault.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 10, 2018, 05:14:02 pm
Noticed that, too. He and Morris really harped on it throughout both of their pressers.

Meanwhile, Herbert just signed a contract for $500k annually. Makes you wonder if his hands were tied by Bret as well. (I say "as well" because I'm on the train that believes Bret was overly controlling and never gave his assistants and coordinators enough freedom to do their thing.)

I understand that the S&C coach does the bidding of the head guy, but my point is Herb caught a lot of flack here, and it may not have been all his fault.

I agree.  Out of all the coaching positions S&C is the one that is most controlled by others.  The best way to train, the best way to gain muscle, the best way to put on weight, the best way to lose weight are NOT trade secrets.  All S&C coaches will know how to do those things.  They are told, "I want this guy to..." and then they go make that happen.

Can't really blame a S&C coach one way or the other.  The only thing would be finding new ways to motivate players and push them to their limits.

Retired Radio Host

jkstock04

I can't handle watching most of those press conferences due to not being able to hear the questions.

Not sure if this is where he said it...but I did read earlier today that he mentioned Kelley would have to drop some weight and the qb competition would be "wide open." Thank God the Bret Bielema days are firmly behind us. Who knows who will be starting qb for us...highly doubtful Hogville does. What i do know is we will have a legit competition.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 10, 2018, 05:24:17 pm
I can't handle watching most of those press conferences due to not being able to hear the questions.

Not sure if this is where he said it...but I did read earlier today that he mentioned Kelley would have to drop some weight and the qb competition would be "wide open." Thank God the Bret Bielema days are firmly behind us. Who knows who will be starting qb for us...highly doubtful Hogville does. What i do know is we will have a legit competition.

Yeah, this is where he said it.  He also said that Cole had dropped some weight already.
Retired Radio Host

jgphillips3

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 10, 2018, 05:28:09 pm
Yeah, this is where he said it.  He also said that Cole had dropped some weight already.

If Cole can get down to 245 and get his stamina up, he will be freaking dangerous.  I also have a sneaking feeling that Daulton may be a great fit for this offense.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 10, 2018, 05:43:35 pm
If Cole can get down to 245 and get his stamina up, he will be freaking dangerous.  I also have a sneaking feeling that Daulton may be a great fit for this offense.
I agree with you about Daulton, i think he can excel in this offense. 

RyeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 10, 2018, 05:24:17 pm

I watched a Brian Regan stand-up show on Netflix where he discussed this. It's kinda humorous how we can't understand the question and then just try to use their answers to guess what the questions were. What if coaches just started giving crazy responses since the questions were unknown to the TV audience.

DeltaBoy

I heard it said" Speed Thrills, Speed Kills. " It thrills the Fans and Kills the Defenses!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogindasticks

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: RyeHogFan on January 10, 2018, 06:39:34 pm
I watched a Brian Regan stand-up show on Netflix where he discussed this. It's kinda humorous how we can't understand the question and then just try to use their answers to guess what the questions were. What if coaches just started giving crazy responses since the questions were unknown to the TV audience.

You should have been in some of those press conferences with John L. Smith.  I was there, knew the questions and still couldn't understand what he was talking about.

He seriously, at times, would just talk about something completely different than what the question was.

Once he asked a reporter, "Why do you want to know?"  It was over a simple question, not a top secret off limit thing.  One that every other coach would answer and move on.  I'm sorry I don't remember the exact question.

Anyway, John L. kept asking him, "Why do you want to know?"  "I'll answer your question if you can answer mine." 

The reporter responded with "for information sake."

John L.: "That isn't good enough.  Why do you want to know?"

They went back and forth with it for a minute, then John L. just said, "Next question." 

So weird, we were all just looking at each other like, "Did that really just happen?"

A miserable, terrible time for Arkansas athletics.
Retired Radio Host