82 (58.2%)
Yes
44 (31.2%)
Doesn't matter!
15 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 141

HeyHogs

phadedhawg

well, we couldn't beat them at home, and we are terrible on the road....

I mean come on, you don't need to be Lassie to figure this one out. 

TeufelHog

Breems

Could be like last year where we won @Vandy then they stomped us in the Bud. Same thing with Ole Miss in '14-15.

LSU's gameplan was simple and easily repeatable. It's not like they had to shoot lights out.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The_Iceman

Hahahahahahaha. No! Not with Mediocre Mike as head coach.

bhogs05

No we will get beat by 15-20

26.2Hog

LSU is what, 1-5 since beating the Hogs.  That includes home losses against Alabama and Georgia, a loss against Vanderbilt, and blowout losses by 22 and 25 points against A&M and Auburn.

To put it bluntly, LSU has been sucking hind tit.  Only Vandy is below them in the conference standings.

And playing in their gym is far less than intimidating.

Their RPI is a piddling 82.

It's obvious who SHOULD win the game.  Should be an easy win for the Hogs.

I think LSU wins.

razorpimp

I don't think we will win but I'll be there with hope that we will...enjoying my $7 tickets....

3of5-2

Bkhardicars

I sure hope we do, but if I had to bet money, I'd put it on LSU. They've been in a tail spin, but we seem to be the cure for what ails teams in tail spins..

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: 26.2Hog on February 01, 2018, 07:54:19 pm

I think LSU wins.
🤣 if this doesn't sum up this team. +1
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

WillsWorld

It's a road game so the answer is a resounding no. I don't care how bad they are, if they have 7 players or not. Playing Arkansas on your home court is a cure for all your problems. Just look at the Missouri game at Missouri last year. Also LSU destroyed us on our home court so there's that.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

TeufelHog

If LSU is 1-5 since beating us last, it just makes since that they (LSU) will look like NBA All-Stars against us.  We lose by 20 . . . again.

pigture perfect

We can win, but I have no confidence in it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jjdlc

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

hogsanity

A loss to this LSU team would be worse than losing to the LSU that beat the Hogs in BWA. They have lost some players and are like 1-3 at home in sec games. They are not good at all.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elksnort

Quote from: Bkhardicars on February 01, 2018, 08:46:55 pm
I sure hope we do, but if I had to bet money, I'd put it on LSU. They've been in a tail spin, but we seem to be the cure for what ails teams in tail spins..
This is the problem.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say we win

USChog

I'll believe it when I see it, but I'll be hoping either way.

HogBreath

Who knows?  Is the fast forty rollercoaster going up or down?  Probably about time for Mike to pull a rabbit out of the hat and win back his adoring followers.  And since they blew us out at home, we'll probably slip by with a win in corndog country.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: 26.2Hog on February 01, 2018, 07:54:19 pm
LSU is what, 1-5 since beating the Hogs.  That includes home losses against Alabama and Georgia, a loss against Vanderbilt, and blowout losses by 22 and 25 points against A&M and Auburn.

To put it bluntly, LSU has been sucking hind tit.  Only Vandy is below them in the conference standings.

And playing in their gym is far less than intimidating.

Their RPI is a piddling 82.

I think LSU wins.
My thoughts, as well.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Hog_One_Stop

LSU will shoot lights out, we lose by 15. 

Fan701

Quote from: Hog_One_Stop on February 02, 2018, 05:22:13 am
LSU will shoot lights out, we lose by 15.
Sigh, quite likely.  LSU will probably have their best shooting game since they last played us.  On the bright side, I still think we've got a good shot to beat Vandy at BWA and to finish ahead of Vandy in the standings.  I don't think we'll finish lower than 13th.

The_Iceman

Easy to shoot well against a Mike Anderson coached defense.

nwahogfan1

We play on the road to a decent LSU team so it is almost a given we lose.   I know we have all of these incentives because they kicked the crap out of us at home but does that really matter.  We are playing like a tired team right now    I think it is because we only have 2 scorers who are asked to do so much for our team and having to play 35+ minutes so they are getting tired.   

We need someone else to step it up or we are going to be very inconsistent the rest of the way.  I just do not see any scoring options right now but  maybe FCJ can tell me????????

Dirty

riccoar

Looking back.  Gafford and Macon were single digits.  Hell, Barford was the only Hog in double figures.  Even LSU's top scorer only had 13.

Where we lost was in FGP.  We shot 33.3%    LSU shot 52%

hogsanity

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 02, 2018, 08:04:28 am
We play on the road to a decent LSU team

except LSU is not decent.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on February 02, 2018, 08:27:26 am
except LSU is not decent.

Nope. Which is why it will be even more embarrassing when we lose by 10+ tomorrow.

HognotinMemphis

I have no idea what team will show up tomorrow thus I have no idea what team will win this game. I will say this though: if Arkansas does not win this game, it will not make the NCAAT.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Fan701

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 02, 2018, 08:35:31 am
I have no idea what team will show up tomorrow thus I have no idea what team will win this game. I will say this though: if Arkansas does not win this game, it will not make the NCAAT.
I'm afraid you're right about that. We've played ourselves onto the bubble now, and I really don't see how we can stay there if we lose this one.  I went a long time this season thinking the only thing to worry about was our seeding.  Now I think we're in serious jeopardy of not making the tournament at all.  To tell the truth, I don't think we will make it. I so hope I'm wrong.

jkstock04

If we can shoot lights out and put up 80-90 points then we will win. If not that we will lose.

I think in all likelihood we lose by 10-15 points. Road game against a team that has already blew our doors off.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hawg Red

Quote from: phadedhawg on February 01, 2018, 06:34:31 pm
well, we couldn't beat them at home, and we are terrible on the road....

I mean come on, you don't need to be Lassie to figure this one out.

I can't imagine the number of bad decisions you've made in your life based on the logic you just used.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 02, 2018, 09:40:39 am
If we can shoot lights out and put up 80-90 points then we will win. If not that we will lose.

I think in all likelihood we lose by 10-15 points. Road game against a team that has already blew our doors off.

Another critical thinker.

EastexHawg

If Barford, Macon, and/or Beard shoot lights out from three we can and will probably win.  If not, we most likely lose.  That's it.  That's our strategy.  We rely on a couple of guys to dribble around, look for their shot, and shoot three pointers.

Actually we could copy and paste the above "game plan" before every game the rest of the year.

yraciv

LSU is not as talented as us and Waters has hit a FR wall. Granted we laid an egg at home against them and they played one of their best games, it is safe for us to all make the assumption we'll get killed. Teams always seem to play well against us right?

I'll take a different view, and take the Hogs by 7. We had a horrendous shooting day against them in the Bud, and law of averages says we won't likely repeat that. Barford and Macon should be able to get theirs against their guards, and Gafford is due a big game. Where we get beat usually is on the boards and teams making jumpshots, both areas are LSU weaknesses.  On top of that homecourt advantage isn't something I worry too much about in Baton Rouge. This is a game we should and will win, or at least I hope so.

Letsroll1200

We can't get ourselves in a hole and than look to the bench to have Macon bail us out. I'm hoping that Mike make the winning decision and put Macon back on the floor. We need a good start. Maybe Beard need to spend some time on the pine so we don't get in a hole. We had a good shots that were open looks. If Beard makes some of those open looks we get pass A&M.

The hogs will beat LSU

Breems

Quote from: riccoar on February 02, 2018, 08:09:01 am
Where we lost was in FGP.  We shot 33.3%    LSU shot 52%

We lost defensively. They shot layups all game long. Shooting was irrelevant for them.

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Dudeman

Arkansas gets up big on lsu in the first half. I don't know if they win or lose but that's the dream I had last night.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

HognotinMemphis

If Beard throws up a bunch of junk shots after dribbling the shot clock down to 3, Hogs will lose by 20.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

rljjr

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 02, 2018, 09:47:02 am
Another critical thinker.

You do realize both of the guys you slammed are using trend analysis. You know, using past performance to predict future results. Whether you like it or not, it's a legitimate logic train. What variables have changed to suggest the Hogs might win? There are some changes to the LSU lineup, but we are playing on the road. There is reason to be skeptical the Hogs can win this, much less keep it competitive. Does that mean we will lose? No, but it's really hard to think we win based on this season's trend.

HoopS

Today the Hogs go to Baton Rouge and get a solid win.

Hawg Red

The game vs LSU at BWA and this game today are two completely different games. I can almost assure you that the Hogs won't shoot 33% from the field again....even on the road that would be an extreme outlier performance.

If you want to tell me that will struggle vs their PG play, I would listen to that. That's something tangible and not the anecdotal "well, they won at BWA so..." But they are struggling lately overall. We're just struggling on the road vs talented teams. Not sure I'd classify LSU as all that talented right now. I think the Hogs have a good chance to win and the blowout loss at home is a complete non-factor to me. It's a road game, so of course we could lose. There is no reason not to think this is a game the Hogs can win, though. No reason whatsoever. 

HogMantheIntruder

Pretty sure I have the most consistent track record on HV of picking Arkansas' wins and losses, dating all the way back to football season. I'm picking LSU in this one, so the Hogs should win by at least 20.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HognotinMemphis

No NCAAT this year for Ark. And this is a senior laden team. Pitiful. How did Beard play?

3of5-2

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 03, 2018, 06:40:46 pm
No NCAAT this year for Ark. And this is a senior laden team. Pitiful. How did Beard play?
It was pretty much like every other game.

code red

I don't understand why anyone would want to keep this Coach?? Seriously.  Does he even care?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Letsroll1200

I wouldn't thought coming into this season the Hogs would lose to LSU. I was wrong

pigture perfect

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 08:44:12 pm
I wouldn't thought coming into this season the Hogs would lose to LSU. I was wrong
yet they have twice.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"