Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting swept by LSU...

Started by Iwastherein1969, February 04, 2018, 01:07:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

is humiliating. This team couldn't muster up enough pride to beat LSU after the Tigers came to Fayetteville and beat the Hogs by 21 ? NO PRIDE on this team. I'd understand some LSU teams of the past doing this, but not this LSU team. No excuses, no fire in the belly. Play the freshman if we lose one more game at Fayetteville.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Apparently all is well with getting beaten by LSU for the umpteenth time in SEC sports over the past couple of years. Hell, even the baseball team had a chance to win an SEC title last year in Hoover, but take a wild guess who beat the Hogs in the finals. If you said LSU, well, you'd be correct.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Beaverfever

LSU is a better team than Arkansas.  Can't win em all I guess. 

alohawg

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 04, 2018, 01:28:15 pm
LSU is a better coached team than Arkansas.  Can't win em all I guess. 

Fify
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hawg1221

Don't forget that Texas A&M got swept too. Do you think Texas A&M is good?

SardisHog

This was the year were Mike has ALL this talent and yet we are doing poorly. Coaching pure and simple. As much as I like the style the results are sucking. I am ready to try someone else in the head spot.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

alohawg

Quote from: SardisHog on February 04, 2018, 02:19:51 pm
This was the year were Mike has ALL this talent and yet we are doing poorly. Coaching pure and simple. As much as I like the style the results are sucking. I am ready to try someone else in the head spot.

In fairness, he lacking talent.....in coaching.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Letsroll1200

Quote from: SardisHog on February 04, 2018, 02:19:51 pm

All the talent? Look at the roster, Arkansas has 3 players that would start or get meaningful minutes for top 5 SEC teams.

razorpimp

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 04, 2018, 03:42:04 pm
All the talent? Look at the roster, Arkansas has 3 players that would start or get meaningful minutes for top 5 SEC teams.

I agree there isn't much talent....but 7 years is plenty of time to bring in talent if you are at least a good recruiter

raz1965

Arkansas has 4 players that are true SEC caliber, but with Anderson's system you must have 8 to 10 high caliber players. We can only hope the next class is that good, if so the Razorbacks is back in contention.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 04, 2018, 03:42:04 pm

Not what was sold when these players were recruited or when they transferred in or this past offseason.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawg1221

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 04, 2018, 04:04:27 pm
Not what was sold when these players were recruited or when they transferred in or this past offseason.

Who are you referring to that sold you this?

SardisHog

Quote from: raz1965 on February 04, 2018, 03:52:44 pm
Arkansas has 4 players that are true SEC caliber, but with Anderson's system you must have 8 to 10 high caliber players. We can only hope the next class is that good, if so the Razorbacks is back in contention.

One more year again? Bull
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 04, 2018, 04:20:36 pm
Who are you referring to that sold you this?
Homer posts homer media. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

3of5-2

Quote from: raz1965 on February 04, 2018, 03:52:44 pm
If CMA's "system" was worth a hoot, other teams would use it.

hawg1221

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 04, 2018, 04:21:56 pm
Homer posts homer media.

You should know by know that fans (homers) always make recruits sound better than they are and it's not necessarily a bad thing.  It's people being positive about the future.

golfinpig

We can beat this dead horse all we want but the simple fact is MA is a mediocre coach at best and is a terrible recruiter. Those two things are not going to change, ever. If you're satisfied with a tourney appearance every two or three years then MA is your man.

DeltaBoy

We are still not working hard enough!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogfan10

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 04, 2018, 01:20:25 pm
Apparently all is well with getting beaten by LSU for the umpteenth time in SEC sports over the past couple of years. Hell, even the baseball team had a chance to win an SEC title last year in Hoover, but take a wild guess who beat the Hogs in the finals. If you said LSU, well, you'd be correct.

Surely you're not comparing LSU basketball to LSU baseball, or Arkansas basketball to Arkansas baseball. In both cases, they are worlds apart.

3of5-2

Quote from: hogfan10 on February 04, 2018, 09:41:22 pm
Surely you're not comparing LSU basketball to LSU baseball, or Arkansas basketball to Arkansas baseball. In both cases, they are worlds apart.
BASEBALL>basketball

hogfan10

RazorPiggie

hog golf

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 04, 2018, 02:17:47 pm
Don't forget that Texas A&M got swept too. Do you think Texas A&M is good?
they will be on Feb 17 at Bud Walton
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize