Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Courtney Fortson getting PAID

Started by Hawg Red, June 30, 2017, 10:08:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/880803133705908225

Good for him. He's a guy that made the decision to leave the D-League life behind to make more $$$ overseas and it appears it has paid off for him. Probably cost him a couple more call-ups in the NBA but he seems to be doing quite alright now.

sickboy

Nice. He was a solid player. One of the most exciting freshman I can remember thinking back on... probably since Kareem Reid.

Tangentially speaking -- After I read that Clinton Portis managed to squander over 45 million dollars of career earnings and found himself in a car about to murder his financial advisor, I hope guys like Fortson, who make a much smaller fortune, are smart with their money and save quietly so they have a nest egg to live out the rest of their lives.

OnTheHillHogFan

He use to live in NWA during the offseason. Does any know if that is still true?
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

daprospecta

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 01, 2017, 04:39:31 pm
He use to live in NWA during the offseason. Does any know if that is still true?
This was the case two years ago. He would often be in the Springdale gym playing pick up. Really cool guy.

hawgmasta

Glad to hear this, he married a girl I went to high school with. Was an exciting player to watch!

Mo_Better_Hogs

Thanks for posting. I wonder from time to time what happened to him.

NWAHog479

Quote from: daprospecta on July 01, 2017, 04:42:44 pm
This was the case two years ago. He would often be in the Springdale gym playing pick up. Really cool guy.

He played up at the FAC last summer... Talked trash and tried to start stuff with everybody up there.

The OTR

I've heard people say that if he had been right handed Pel would still be our coach.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: NWAHog479 on July 03, 2017, 12:01:49 pm
He played up at the FAC last summer... Talked trash and tried to start stuff with everybody up there.

I can believe that because it is so much a part of the game. I think officials and coaches should stop the trash talking back in grade school and Jr high myself. It starts a lot of fights and very bad sportsmanship

Hog_Fink

hmm. i played with him at FAC and he was super laid back & cool. Said China was the way to go. tax free, accomodation+food covered. short seasons.
He sounded pretty on the ball til he started talking about how he likes to spend his offseason in Springdale. not where I'd prefer to be but whatever