Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miss State forward Aric Holman

Started by cardsNhogs, January 10, 2017, 11:05:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

You are what you teach / do not teach.
[CENSORED]!

Next1_04

Pretty sure in order to box out and get a rebound the player shooting has to miss a shot. Wasn't too much of they happening from what few minutes of the game I saw from the defensive side of the court. Now, you can turn and box out when the shot goes up to prepare for a miss, but like i mentioned, a box out is useless when they have shooters with hot hands.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:37:36 pm
No.i am just a life long Hog fan who loves Razorback athletics.and do not want to fire the basketball coach right now. nothing more.

You love CMA more than the basketball program. That's real life.

Ironhawg

Quote from: rude1 on January 10, 2017, 11:41:01 pm
The biggest part of the problem with the rebounding is simply that we are out of position, we continue to run our bigs out to switch ball screens, so when Moses is out there on the point guard you have Beard inside trying to guard a big, good luck on Beard putting a body on any big and getting a rebound when the shot goes up. Moses spent a lot of the night outside showing he can guard the point, he ended up with 4 rebounds.

Bingo!  We got totally and completely dominated on the boards last night and this is a big reason why.  I don't understand why Mike doesn't see this?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: farfromgroovins on January 11, 2017, 08:57:11 am
If your coach is telling you to box out during timeouts during a game, then you have not been prepared during practice.
I like auto racing and I learned that if you are working on your car at the race track, you will not win. You have to prepare BEFORE THE RACE!

Have you ever coached any sport? You remind your guys all the time what should be done. It's called coaching

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 11, 2017, 10:26:11 am
Have you ever coached any sport? You remind your guys all the time what should be done. It's called coaching
and well coached teams respond by doing it!

code red

:oWell....CMA....told them sternly in the huddle....."we got to rebound"....he almost rose his voice. :o
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogsanity

It helps if you make sure they know how to do something before you ask them to do it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Little Lady Back

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 11:27:24 pm
How did i know you would show back up after a loss? you need to not whining and support the team and our head coach.

Yeah, real shocker there!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Little Lady Back

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 11, 2017, 09:53:00 am
You love CMA more than the basketball program. That's real life.

The same could be said for several on here regarding CBB and the football program. That's also real life, but whatever.   
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

The_Iceman

Quote from: Little Lady Back on January 11, 2017, 10:48:20 am
The same could be said for several on here regarding CBB and the football program. That's also real life, but whatever.

It doesn't matter what people say about Bret Bielema because his buyout says that he isn't going anywhere. So it is a waste of time calling for him to be fired. Better off focusing on the assistants.

With Mike Anderson, that is a different matter. Nothing keeping us from letting him go at the end of the season.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 11, 2017, 11:04:21 am
It doesn't matter what people say about Bret Bielema because his buyout says that he isn't going anywhere. So it is a waste of time calling for him to be fired. Better off focusing on the assistants.

With Mike Anderson, that is a different matter. Nothing keeping us from letting him go at the end of the season.

Let me make myself clear that I was not calling for CBB to be fired. I was only stating that there are some posters who share the same attitude but with different coaches. And, you are correct that CBB is not going anywhere because of that buyout. I personally hope that both CMA and CBB get things turned around fast and are here for a long time. Time will tell...
#NolanRichardsonCourt

farfromgroovins

Only volunteered coaching 4th-8th graders a few years. Rebounding was a major part of practice time. Ball handling, sliding your feet on D, passing. Yes, you reminded these 4th-8th graders all the time during scrimmage and games to block out. Did they do it all the time? No, they were 4th-8th graders. D1 players though?

Rebounding goes way beyond this 1 game. Everyone knows that whether you've coached any sport or not. As well as Holman and every other SEC team.

hogsanity

Quote from: farfromgroovins on January 11, 2017, 01:15:38 pm
Only volunteered coaching 4th-8th graders a few years. Rebounding was a major part of practice time. Ball handling, sliding your feet on D, passing. Yes, you reminded these 4th-8th graders all the time during scrimmage and games to block out. Did they do it all the time? No, they were 4th-8th graders. D1 players though?

Rebounding goes way beyond this 1 game. Everyone knows that whether you've coached any sport or not. As well as Holman and every other SEC team.

I hear better coaching at timeouts of 9th grade games than we heard on the mic'd up segments with Anderson last night.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2017, 01:27:48 pm
I hear better coaching at timeouts of 9th grade games than we heard on the mic'd up segments with Anderson last night.
Glad to know you are in expert on coaching.Jeff Long disagrees with you. and he is the one who counts.not you,or others like you.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 11, 2017, 01:32:55 pm
Glad to know you are in expert on coaching.Jeff Long disagrees with you. and he is the one who counts.not you,or others like you.

does not take an expert to know that what we heard during those segments last night was pathetic.

cardsNhogs

Im sure Jeff Long is starting to agree.

The_Iceman

The season hasn't ended yet. Jeff Long may surprise you with his opinion at the end of the year.

But anyone with a clue about basketball who watched last night realized, Mike is a great man and a good father figure to these kids, but he is not a good Coach.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Little Lady Back on January 11, 2017, 11:22:47 am
Let me make myself clear that I was not calling for CBB to be fired. I was only stating that there are some posters who share the same attitude but with different coaches. And, you are correct that CBB is not going anywhere because of that buyout. I personally hope that both CMA and CBB get things turned around fast and are here for a long time. Time will tell...

If CBB has the same record next year as this year, I'll start calling for his head.

Cracker Jack

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2017, 01:34:56 pm
does not take an expert to know that what we heard during those segments last night was pathetic.
Yes!  And the players hear this DAY AFTER DAY.  Don't you imagine THEY know he's not a good coach too?

I see a lackadaisical, lack of execution, and no "fight to the finish" desire to win by the players.  I think that is because they KNOW they are not being "coached up", and they just "do the best they can" with their own personal talents and abilities.  I feel that the players really WANT to win, but I bet they realize they will have to overcome a lack of coaching in order to do so.  As always, a team is an extension of the coach, and therein lies the problem.

Sivad

Quote from: userpick on January 11, 2017, 08:39:43 am
When the coach says "be sure to get lined up for the tip" right before the game on the microphone he's wearing, we probably shouldn't expect too much.
That's $2.5 Million Dollars worth of coaching right there.

jdunhog

Yep and their coach probably told them that refs normally screw arkansas and let you climb on their backs!