Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Bowl : K State vs Oregon

Started by rzrbackrob, January 03, 2013, 06:31:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

idahodian

So far K State's biggest weakness has been their kickoff coverage.  Great stop on fake punt!!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

188fw_FyngRzrbk

KSU looks darn good.  Their D is all over Oregon.
Be professional, be courteous, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

texhog

Ouch.  Well, KSU was in it for a while. 

idahodian

elksnort

K-State not physical enough to over come Oregons speed.

This is the deal in a nut shell. 

The Boar War

Oregon should release the receivers running the routes that are longer than fifteen yards.  I'm not sure Klein could hit them.

The Boar War

Quote from: texhog on January 03, 2013, 08:58:46 pm
Ouch.  Well, KSU was in it for a while. 

Just realized I'm 10 minutes behind.

Sir Oinksalot

For the first time I'm switching to root for Oregon...I have grown fond of their
ideas playing football and I don't want this style to just vanish because they
couldn't win the big one...

Go Ducks
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

rzrbackrob

Afraid that one more score by Oregon, and the party is over for K State.
Good is the enemy of great

idahodian

K State needs a touchdown on this possession. Oregon is starting to pick up steam.

Danny J

Quote from: idahodian on January 03, 2013, 09:43:27 pm
K State needs a touchdown on this possession. Oregon is starting to pick up steam.
If they don't score on this drive then game over......

elksnort

idahodian

Don't think K State can come back from 21 pts down. Now I just hope they don't give up and get blown out 60 - 21.

idahodian

Never seen that before...1 pt safety

pigbacon

The Boar War

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on January 03, 2013, 09:32:02 pm
I have grown fond of their ideas playing football and I don't want this style to just vanish because they
couldn't win the big one...

Go Ducks

I agree.  Part of what makes college football fun is the different approach teams make to achieve the same goal.  Georgia Tech, Oregon, and Alabama all want to do one thing really well (run the football) but all three look completely different doing it.

hoghevn

Klein killed K-State when he had a huge offset on the LOS and he called a timeout on that first play of the 2nd half.

Brand X Hog Fan

Oregon scores so fast it messes you up.

State is playing their guts out though. Gotta give them credit for that.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

idahodian

Oregon on offense lines up with some of their linemen almost behind the line, even the announcers commented on it. Arkansas was called on this multiple times during the season, mostly on critical plays. Oregon doing same thing, not being called.

RebelliousHog

Just for discussion, why all the love by the media for Kelly going NFL. It seems to me most coaches who go NFL from college are less than successful.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

BOAR_N2BWILD

I have said all year that K-State is the most overrated team in the NCAA
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

RebelliousHog

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 03, 2013, 10:15:58 pm
I have said all year that K-State is the most overrated team in the NCAA

With Fla being in the mix
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: idahodian on January 03, 2013, 10:14:22 pm
Oregon on offense lines up with some of their linemen almost behind the line, even the announcers commented on it. Arkansas was called on this multiple times during the season, mostly on critical plays. Oregon doing same thing, not being called.

Not getting called for late hits, hits to the head, and forearm shivers either, but I digress.

Quote from: HenduHog on January 03, 2013, 10:14:54 pm
Just for discussion, why all the love by the media for Kelly going NFL. It seems to me most coaches who go NFL from college are less than successful.

I was thinking the same thing. No way this system works in the NFL with 30 year old players.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

CallThemHawgs!

Im still not seeing how Chip Kellys game translated well to the NFL.

Brand X Hog Fan

Completely unnecessary block in the back. They're gonna give Bill a heart attack.

idahodian

Quote from: HenduHog on January 03, 2013, 10:14:54 pm
I heard TV pundits talking about this...they said it is because the NFL is seeing success with the hurry up offense and Oregon is the master of it. Also there have been 3 college coaches go to the NFL in the recent years and have been very successful, Harbaugh, Carroll and one other who  I can't seem to remember.

ps....they also said he needed to go to a young team

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Brand X Hog Fan on January 03, 2013, 10:28:13 pm
Completely unnecessary block in the back. They're gonna give Bill a heart attack.

I'm not so sure it was.

In the replay the K State players head was in front of the Oregon players left shoulder and he pushed from the front and side. 

I admit it looked like it in real speed but slowed down I'm not so sure.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I hope Brent Bulemia is as aggressive as Oregon has been.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

ronmahony

Quote from: notshavintiljlsgo on January 03, 2013, 10:33:36 pm
I hope Brent Bulemia is as aggressive as Oregon has been.

Yup me too. For a long time I figured it would be Oregon-Bama in the NC. Stanford really surprised me. Guess they surprised Oregon too.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.