Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Being reported that there is some serious behind the scenes stuff going on

Started by intoxhog, November 27, 2007, 07:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

MDH

Bleh.  That would be one of the most uninspired hires possible.  Better him than Leach though.
If he is hired, though, I will get behind him.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

forrest city joe

That would be a great hire for arkansas. Tommy knows how to win big in the sec. just check out his confrence record.

U.P. HOGG

No way we pay 6 million to buy him out.  That would be the biggest waste of time and money, ever.

HogHillbilly

Mike Irwin said tonight that TT said he would take the job in a heartbeat..............

He just couldn't afford the 6 million buyout

Mike also said that they are looking for a way around it with a loop hold
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

BaylorHOG

RazorNoles

Maybe Auburn will get rid of his golden handcuffs.
I hope he brings Muschamp!

hog_grad

bigredone

I have my preferences for a new head coach, but just like with HDN I will back the new guy until he proves that he cannot get it done. We will have a good idea in 3 years, and if he hasn't convinced us in he needs to be gone and we go to the next one.

hawgfan_18

sweet maybe TT can get US sponsered by under armor too and we can get some sweet unis

Oliver

Tommy Tuberville is the best available coach being mentioned outside of Butch Davis.  He absolutely would be worth the 6 million dollar buyout.

Porkette

I think it's exciting news, IF true, that TT may be the frontrunner.  :)  :razorback:

He's just about the only one being mentioned who has proven he can win in the SEC but also has enough ties to recruit Arkansas (which he has already been doing, unfortunately). I hope it's true.
GO HOGS GO!

The NewEra

I would rather have someone new.  Like maybe Jimmy Johnson or Guss Malzahan.

U.P. HOGG

I would rather have Kiffin with Ed as a cordinator than TT. But since everyone else looks pretty worthless, I would take TT, only if there is a way around the buy-out!!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 27, 2007, 07:32:45 pm
Mike Irwin said tonight that TT said he would take the job in a heartbeat..............

Loop Hold, that's a new one on me.

I could see TT going to Auburn and saying I've done just about all I can do here and would like to move on and try to negotiate a lesser amount.  Now Auburn's administration is probably smart enough to not let him go to a divisional rival.  I'm just guessing that they are that intelligent since our guys obviously aren't. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

sowmonella

Tubby is one of the most respected coaches in college football. He would be the big name splash we need. Is there no Butch davis talk going around?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

atony03

i think tt will be great he played the run against us, but i think i would be balanced. i like it

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: BaylorHOG on November 27, 2007, 07:33:19 pm
I'd rather have Kiffin or Peterson before Tubberville.

What has Kiffin done on his own?  Oh wait, hasn't been on his own except the 3 win Oakland Raiders, but that's a totally different ball game. So rule him out. We need someone established.

As for Chris Peterson, I don't think his style of offense will last in the SEC. Plus, what about his defense? I haven't seen the numbers or watched them much this year, but when I do catch a score of a game it's like 48-42. Gotta have a solid defense, especially in the SEC.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: sowmonella on November 27, 2007, 07:35:33 pm
Tubby is one of the most respected coaches in college football. He would be the big name splash we need. Is there no Butch davis talk going around?

No Butch talk.  Everything that I hear and read says that he is out of the picture.  Hell, the NC boards arent even talking about the possibility of him leaving.

Le Hogtre

This is great news if true.  TT is BY FAR the best coach being mentioned. 

SpineHog

a massive improvement, at the very least.  particularly if muschamp comes.

i'd prefer kiffin & ed o though...

Adam Stokes

hawgsav1

If we're gonna buy out Tommy Tuberville, we might as well buy out Butch Davis...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jep_hog_fan

Report I heard is NC offered Butch everything but the desk in the chancellor's office. He's staying put.

intoxhog

i don't know,,, it depends on who his asstants will be.

If somehow we get Mustchamp as his D-cordantor and TT opens up his offence then great hire.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

IndyHog76

Someone new = Jimmy Johnson?

Quote from: MalzhanFan on November 27, 2007, 07:34:54 pm
I would rather have someone new.  Like maybe Jimmy Johnson or Guss Malzahan.

U.P. HOGG

KIFFIN COACHES THE FREAKIN RAIDERS PEOPLE.  THE RAIDERS!!!  Do you really think that he would come right out and dominate the AFC West.   Davis, good coach, bad NFL coach.   Steve, same thing.  He has won 3 more games than people thought he would.

razorback3072

Quote from: hog_grad on November 27, 2007, 07:33:52 pm
What is nutt's record against TT?  Do we really want him?

But remember Nutt had a winning record against only 3 teams in the SEC...   OM, MSU and SC.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

The_Iceman

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 27, 2007, 07:32:45 pm

Nice, Nice...

Hogeration

In the past five years Auburn is the second most winning program in football.  First being USC.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Pork Twain

Quote from: MDH on November 27, 2007, 07:31:05 pm
Bleh.  That would be one of the most uninspired hires possible.  Better him than Leach though.
If he is hired, though, I will get behind him.
Maybe you should go and look at what he has done at Auburn after Bowden sunk it.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

BaldHeadedHippy

"I'm no better than the next man, I only try like hell to be." (G. Smith/Me the Baldheadedhippy)

mbgrulz

anyone who says TT would be a waste of money is not very smart. look at his record against the big dogs. he wins the big ones...AKA the ones HDN lost. he is also a coach that does well on the road in the SEC.

Reaganite

Quote from: intoxhog on November 27, 2007, 07:28:01 pm
with Tommy Tubberville per otis.

TT is now in the lead for hog job

I just got a phone call about this as well.  So the rumbling rumor goes.  I guess they've got the money to spend, hmmm?

Guess I'll have to quit calling him Blubberville.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HamShank

We should make this hire.  Please name someone that is a more proven coach on the SEC level that is a legitimate candidate for Arkansas.

The Realist

TT will always be a good hire.  he has good assistants.  He recruits well and he can fit the type of system that fits Arkansas whether some like it or not. 
His road record in the SEC is jaw dropping and you hardly ever see his teams blown out. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

jrparrish

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Heard on the radio this evening that BD has a buyout clause for Arkansas in this new extention.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

lcd4444

Didn't TT and co. only manage to score 9 points against our soft defense?

The NewEra

Hoot72

What if we got Tommy Tubberville as the head coach, and he brought Ed Ogereron with him as the DC -- is there a connection, weren't they both at Miami?

j-flem

Good fit and with him our recruits will stay here. He is a proven HC....

jst01

Tommy wont have to recruit against any in state rival like Bama, Fayetteville is 10 times nicer than Auburn.  Ark facilities > Auburn facilities.  I would take it in a heartbeat

Ouachihog

If we can pay $3.5 million so HDN can "feel better inside" about resigning, couldn't we pay 6 mil to get the best coach on our list?  Just my opinion. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

bighog77

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on November 27, 2007, 07:32:36 pm
No way we pay 6 million to buy him out.  That would be the biggest waste of time and money, ever.

We paid HDN 3.5 million to leave dodge.

lcd4444

HouSwine

TT seems like an older HDN, who likes to run. I hope he has a NC under his belt. Does he? If so...well, ok but forget the creativity as Nutt seemed to have it over him in that dept. and that's not a good thought. I'm in my 50s and I know it's the young ones like Gus who can recruit and who don't think it can't be done that way in the SEC, etc.

crazyrazy

Let's take ten years of TT and then happily compare records to HDN.