Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown IX

Started by clutch, April 05, 2015, 01:50:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Lackey with his 3rd K. One up and one down.
WPS

popcornhog

Ramos grounds out. The Nats go 1-2-3 in the second.

Cardinals lead it 3-0. Top of the order to lead off the 3rd.
WPS

jrulz83

Good to see a couple HR's from the Cards, we needed to see some pop. Lackey is locked in.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

popcornhog

Carp flies out to right to lead it off.
WPS

popcornhog

Heyward base hit up middle.
WPS

popcornhog

Adams doubles down 3rd baseline for an RBI.

4-0 cards.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 22, 2015, 06:39:06 pm
Good to see a couple HR's from the Cards, we needed to see some pop. Lackey is locked in.

And that's the last time I declare anybody locked in.....

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 22, 2015, 07:10:13 pm
And that's the last time I declare anybody locked in.....

Lol
WPS

clutch

Well that sure escalated quickly.

popcornhog

Wong with a 1 out rbi double to regain the lead.

6-5

WPS

popcornhog

Heyward had a questionable strike looking in the first pitch. Swung at one in the dirt. And then struck out looking on a 2-2 pitch high in the zone.
WPS

popcornhog

Matt Adams with a solo bomb to go up 7-5 top 9th. One out.
WPS

popcornhog

Rosie with 2 K's.

7-5. Nats down to last out.
WPS

jrulz83

Fun game, good to see the offense wake up a bit and pick Lackey up.

popcornhog

That's a winner!

First time in a year that Rosie got a save minus the heart attack.
WPS

clutch

There's not much I enjoy more than seeing Wongs homerun swings. Got such a quick bat.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

3:05 Central start time today for the Cardinals in D.C. This will be the 3rd of 20 games in 20 days.

Wacha (2-0 1.35 ERA) v Scherzer (1-1 .83 ERA).

The good news is that the Cards have dominated the Nats of late. In particular, Matt Adams seems to own them. The bad news is that we've never faced Max Scherzer in a Nationals uniform and he's been dominant so far.

I'd love to see Matt Adams have another good game and cary some momentum into Milwaukee. Games 1 and 2 in D.C. have been the tale of two Adams.
WPS

popcornhog

Here are the updated standings through last night. The Mets are continuing their streak and have now won 10 in a row since starting 2-3.

Division leaders:

Mets
Cardinals
Dodgers

Wild Card as of today:
Padres
Cubs/Braves
WPS

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jrulz83

Molina gets a rare day off and Wong bats sixth:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/molina-rests-for-the-first-time/article_4c684d4f-7ab8-53fb-a958-e38eaa7ae1b5.html

Interesting lineup, I'm not a big fan of Jay hitting sixth but that's where he's gotten some looks lately. I would like a little more pop in the six hole than Jay provides. Maybe Wong can capitalize on the opportunity he's getting this afternoon and bring a little more power to the six hole.

dhornjr1

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 23, 2015, 01:34:36 pm
Molina gets a rare day off and Wong bats sixth:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/molina-rests-for-the-first-time/article_4c684d4f-7ab8-53fb-a958-e38eaa7ae1b5.html

Interesting lineup, I'm not a big fan of Jay hitting sixth but that's where he's gotten some looks lately. I would like a little more pop in the six hole than Jay provides. Maybe Wong can capitalize on the opportunity he's getting this afternoon and bring a little more power to the six hole.

I'd like to see Wong eventually move up to the leadoff spot or the second spot in the order. Maybe that will happen in a couple of years if he can improve his onbase  percentage. Love to have that speed at the top of the order.

popcornhog

Cards take an early 1-0 lead on a wild pitch with Carp and Heyward at the corners, moving Hey into scoring position with Adams at the plate with one out.
WPS

popcornhog

Cards take 1-0 lead into the 2nd with Jay Yadi Wong up.
WPS

popcornhog

My bad. Yadi resting today. Cruz prob in 8 spot.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on April 23, 2015, 02:31:14 pm
I'd like to see Wong eventually move up to the leadoff spot or the second spot in the order. Maybe that will happen in a couple of years if he can improve his onbase  percentage. Love to have that speed at the top of the order.

I completely agree. Carpenter is great in the leadoff spot and I wouldn't move him for anything right now, but I would love to see him in a higher RBI opportunity spot.

popcornhog

In a very sloppy bottom of the 5th Wacha trying to get out of major trouble.

He's had back to back K's.

1-1
WPS

popcornhog

Zimmerman grounds out.

1-1 end 5yh
WPS

popcornhog

Adams rbi base hit scores JH.

2-1

Headed to bottom 6th
WPS

dhornjr1

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 23, 2015, 03:31:45 pm
I completely agree. Carpenter is great in the leadoff spot and I wouldn't move him for anything right now, but I would love to see him in a higher RBI opportunity spot.

Yep. I'd love to see Carpenter hitting down in the order.  I'd really like to see him hitting third.

popcornhog

Lots of sloppy action since my last post.

Holiday scored in the 8th on a Reynolds double and on the same play, Reynolds scored from 2nd on an error.

Cards up 4-1 headed to top 9th.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on April 23, 2015, 04:54:34 pm
Yep. I'd love to see Carpenter hitting down in the order.  I'd really like to see him hitting third.

I sort of agree. I think this order can be tweaked as the year goes on. But it's nice to have a lead off base runner too.
WPS

popcornhog

Score stays at 4-1 headed to bottom 9th.
WPS

jrulz83

Rosenthal gets them 1,2,3.

Is it raining blood or something outside?

Surely the apocalypse is upon us!

popcornhog

1-2-3 for Rosie.

Cards take the series 2-1 in a weird 4-1 game.

Cards have now won 7 of last 8.

Hottest team in baseball not called the Mets.

By the way, the Mets won their 11th straight today.
WPS

popcornhog

Michael Wacha is now 3-0 with a 1.33 ERA.
WPS

dhornjr1

Quote from: popcornhog on April 23, 2015, 05:30:42 pm
I sort of agree. I think this order can be tweaked as the year goes on. But it's nice to have a lead off base runner too.

Exactly. That's why Wong can't be leading off right now. Nor Heyward . Neither one gets on base enough.

But, if Wong can increase his OBP, I'd love to see him leading off and stealing bases with Carpenter knocking him in.

popcornhog

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on April 23, 2015, 06:55:30 pm
Exactly. That's why Wong can't be leading off right now. Nor Heyward . Neither one gets on base enough.

But, if Wong can increase his OBP, I'd love to see him leading off and stealing bases with Carpenter knocking him in.

Agreed. Once Wong becomes more consistent he could absolutely lead off and put Carp in the 2/3 spot. Honestly right now we could probably flip Yadi and Matt Adams, too.
WPS

jrulz83

When you look at the talent on this team there's not a bad lineup you can construct. There are several players that can hit anywhere in a lineup and be effective. Heyward and Carpenter have proven that hey can hit anywhere, Holliday and Molina anywhere but leadoff. I like Wong's speed in the 1 hole, but his power potential is intriguing. Adams and Peralta need to be in RBI spots.

Now the problem for me comes in CF, I desperately want Bourjos on the bases and in the field, he's too fast not to utilize. Unfortunately the guy has proven that he cannot hit in his time in St. Louis. He hasn't gotten much of a chance this year; maybe he will and capitalize on it. Jay isn't an electric player, but he gets the job done. As long as he is consistently getting his hits and bringing solid defense, how can you move the guy?

jrulz83

I'm a day late, but I'll never forget this:

popcornhog

WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: popcornhog on April 24, 2015, 09:54:51 pm
Well, we win again!

Good game by C-mart, I hope Yadi is okay, and the Brewers are listless. That's all I got.

popcornhog

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 24, 2015, 10:11:44 pm
Good game by C-mart, I hope Yadi is okay, and the Brewers are listless. That's all I got.

True. We got into Milwaukee late last night and missed most of the game due to flight delays.

Looking forward to getting to Miller park early for some tailgating tonight.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: popcornhog on April 25, 2015, 08:58:15 am
True. We got into Milwaukee late last night and missed most of the game due to flight delays.

Looking forward to getting to Miller park early for some tailgating tonight.

Sucks, being stuck in an airport is the worst kind of torture in a civilized society.

popcornhog

Bout ready to go.

National anthem at Miller Park.

Go Cards!
WPS

jrulz83

Who else thinks Wainwright is done for the year?

pigture perfect

I haven't heard, but I don't think  this will be that serious. He might miss a couple starts, which will be ok.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

We're just getting back to the hotel. I can't find anything on Wainwright. What did they say during the game? Knee? Ankle?
WPS

popcornhog

On a less negative note. What did y'all think of Harris?

We've been waiting to see him. One of my good friends played with him at Navy. His stuff looked pretty good.
WPS