Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBS: SEC odds, picks Week 13

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, November 26, 2015, 05:58:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

They make an interesting point about our game with Missouri. With the majority of the betting public taking Arkansas in this game, why hasn't the point spread moved? Do we have a key player injured that we aren't aware of? Has Maty Mauk been reinstated at QB? Here are their thoughts.

Missouri at Arkansas (-14): Missouri is 6-2 as a road underdog since last season and its defense should show up in what could be Gary Pinkel's final game as the Tigers' coach. While an upset could make for great television (did I mention you can see this game on CBS?), I'm far more comfortable predicting a close game than calling the straight-up win for Mizzou. Oh, you want more than a hunch from me? According to SportsLine, 65 percent of the public is on Arkansas -14, but the line hasn't budged. Someone knows something. Pick: Tigers +14.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25389130/sec-odds-picks-week-13-look-for-points-in-the-egg-bowl-lsu-up-for-les
Go Hogs Go!

HogimusMaximus

Ironhawg

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on November 26, 2015, 06:21:43 am
We lose by more than 14.

I don't know about losing, but I do think this game could be a lot closer than is comfortable for Hog fans.  The Mizzou defense is stout.  Our offensive line hasn't exactly been overpowering in the run game, so we could be left to get by on our passing game.  However, last week shows that BA and the receivers are up to that challenge.  My concern is our defense.  Our pass defense has fallen off the face of the earth and Mizzou runs a spread offense.  I am afraid that our defense makes their freshman QB look like a Heisman candidate.  Arkansas needs to score early and often and put their foot on the gas and not let off until the final whistle.

Razorfox

We lose by more than 14.

This is your prediction?  Mizzou is better than Alabama?  No one has beat us by 14 yet this year. 

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Razorfox on November 26, 2015, 07:35:49 am
This is your prediction?  Mizzou is better than Alabama?  No one has beat us by 14 yet this year.

We are losing ground.

DiamondHogFan

We lose by more than 14.
Missouri has scored more than 20 only 3 times this year.  For them to have a chance at beating us by 14+ they would have to hold our offense in the 10-17pt range.  Not going to happen.

In 7 of their 11 games so far, they weren't even able to score 14 points...

Happy Thanksgiving.

HogimusMaximus

MuskogeeHogFan

We lose by more than 14.

Well that is highly unlikely. Our average margin of victory this year against unranked teams is 20.5. Our average margin of loss to unranked teams is 5.3.

Missouri has a horrible offense.

Quote from: Razorfox on November 26, 2015, 07:35:49 am
Go Hogs Go!

HOGINTENNESSEE