Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CFN: Missouri vs. Arkansas Prediction, Game Preview

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, November 26, 2015, 05:47:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Weak Missouri offense vs. a weak Arkansas pass defense and a strong Missouri defense vs. a strong Arkansas offense. This should be interesting.

Hogs get to 7 wins in the regular season.

No one has played in more fun games this year than Arkansas. From the close loss to Toledo, to the chest-thumping moment for Texas Tech, and with three overtime games, a good battle with Alabama, and last week's 51-50 firefight loss to Mississippi State, this is the Most Interesting Team In The World. While the Hogs might not have been the contenders in the West like many thought they'd be, they've been strong.

A loss at home to Missouri, though, wouldn't be okay. All the other losses came to good-to-great teams under strange circumstances. Losing to Mizzou would just be bad.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2015/missouri-vs-arkansas-prediction-game-preview
Go Hogs Go!

gmarv

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 26, 2015, 08:32:31 am
But, we aren't going to lose.

20-to-1......tops. I watched them for about a quarter and a half a few weeks ago after their quarterback was dismissed, and they look really, really bad on offense. And, their defense isn't what it was last year. Barring an overall meltdown, we should be just fine.

3kgthog

20-13 Hogs. Playing for a Memphis turd bowl doesn't provide the same motivation as playing for one in sunny Florida.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 26, 2015, 10:48:09 am
20-13 Hogs. Playing for a Memphis turd bowl doesn't provide the same motivation as playing for one in sunny Florida.

Last 4 that Missouri has lost.

Total O Rank          Team            Opp        Mizzou
       100               Florida            21             3
        82               Georgia            9              6
       119             Vanderbilt         10              3
        57             Tennessee         19              8

Hogs rank #26.

Missouri has thrown 1 (one) TD pass and only rushed for 3 TD's since October the 3rd, 6 opponents ago.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

code red

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 27, 2015, 05:57:04 am
It's Game Day! Go Hogs Go!
You can throw all those stats out the window.  If we can't run effectively its gonna be a long day.  This weather will limit both teams passing game.....if not eliminate  it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: code red on November 27, 2015, 07:06:54 am
You can throw all those stats out the window.  If we can't run effectively its gonna be a long day.  This weather will limit both teams passing game.....if not eliminate  it.

I guess this won't effect Missouri's game plan very much then.  ;) They aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut either running or passing. And if the game is going to be limited to the run game (we'll see), it slants the field in our favor.
Go Hogs Go!

Big Boi

We will get Missouri best game. Playing for bowl game and cancer stricken coach. Hogs win 21-17

Pancetta

With gloves the way they are now and field turf I wonder how much rain affects the passing game?
Hogs 28
Mizzou 10
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Capt. Hamm

atekido

Quote from: Pancetta on November 27, 2015, 09:15:49 am
With gloves the way they are now and field turf I wonder how much rain affects the passing game?
Hogs 28
Mizzou 10

A lot.  If it is raining heavy there will not be much of a pass game.

Dominicanhog

A month ago I had NO doubt we'd win, a week ago I had little doubt we'd win... Today, I'm pretty sure we'll win, we just have a way of making mediocre QB's look like Johnny Heisman... and they do have a good defense...  :razorback:

scruf

Expect a blowout. Mizzou doesn't have Dak or anything closely resembling Dak. They can be as hyped or as turnt for the game come kickoff as they want to be for their coach/bowl hopes or whatever but they don't have ANY playmakers on offense (will have zero time of possession) and Arkansas' offense will eventually grind them down.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: scruf on November 27, 2015, 10:13:06 am
Expect a blowout. Mizzou doesn't have Dak or anything closely resembling Dak. They can be as hyped or as turnt for the game come kickoff as they want to be for their coach/bowl hopes or whatever but they don't have ANY playmakers on offense (will have zero time of possession) and Arkansas' offense will eventually grind them down.
Agree.  But turnovers could be a factor in this game. Hogs control the ball and run it at em all day, we win.

dsgreen

Quote from: code red on November 27, 2015, 07:06:54 am

Rain can actually help the passing game. It's a lot easier to cut and move on a rainy field when you know where you're going. It's a lot harder on the DBs to keep up.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hog N Bama on November 27, 2015, 10:22:08 am
Agree.  But turnovers could be a factor in this game. Hogs control the ball and run it at em all day, we win.

If past results are any indicator then the T/O margin should be in our favor as well. Of course a wet, cold day can potentially produce unexpected T/O's for both teams, regardless of past tendencies.
Go Hogs Go!

Aporkalypse Now

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Nipsey Mussle

Hogs win by 3 td's. I predict we get a defensive score in this one.

elksnort

A sub thread question is, Who will be mighty disappointed if we lose?

I will for certain. We have the better team, in spite of any and all deficiencies we have. 

This is a game we should win.

Locutus_of_Boar

Thanks for posting.

"No one has played in more fun games this year than Arkansas."

I don't think any of us anticipated this result when we first heard of Bret Bielema's hiring.  Really, that can be extended back to last year and even the last half of 2013.

This has to be a recruiting advantage and slowly CBB's teams have won more often than they've lost.  Whether he can pull it all together to build a champion remains to be seen but there's little doubt Arkansas Football has become one of the more entertaining adventures in all of college sport.

Aporkalypse Now

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 27, 2015, 11:38:44 am
I'm not sure that the score will be that high.

Me neither, but this is my one game where I predict something crazy. I don't think Mizzou even challenges us, and I'm one who usually thinks we play down to our competition.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 27, 2015, 05:00:19 pm
28-3 Final from the Nam.

And it could have been worse if the staff wanted to continue to press on offense. They basically took their foot off the accelerator at the end of 3 quarters.
Go Hogs Go!