Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hunter Henry

Started by GrizzlyRider07, November 24, 2015, 05:37:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

Hunter was named 1 of the 3 Mackey Award Finalist today!! Congrats to him!!! I'll be completely shocked if he doesn't win the award to be quite honest. He has the best stats out of all the other finalist.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

FANONTHEHILL

No question he's deserving.  He needs a couple TDs and another few big catches in front of a big national audience to help seal the deal.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 24, 2015, 07:15:53 pm
No question he's deserving.  He needs a couple TDs and another few big catches in front of a big national audience to help seal the deal.

He has the best stats of remaining 3

Nashville Fan

Been a stud from day one and keeps getting better.
Pittman or Bust!

Lake City Hog

Bacon_Bitz

would be highway robbery if he doesn't win

ricepig

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on November 24, 2015, 08:29:19 pm
would be highway robbery if he doesn't win

Thank goodness Spurrier doesn't have a vote.

yraciv

Fail on the articles part:  The other 2 finalist are Stanford's Austin Hooper and Clemson's Jordan Leggett.

LZH

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a defense focus on one player so much, and he still winds up so wide open.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2015, 08:32:51 pm
Thank goodness Spurrier doesn't have a vote.

Does DJ get a vote?

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 24, 2015, 09:47:44 pm
Does DJ get a vote?

No, but Keith Jackson is on the committee that votes for the winner.

Foshodo

I see all these stats and accolades for the young man but i still always feel like he could do more... or be used more...

bennyl08

Quote from: Foshodo on November 25, 2015, 03:33:01 am
I see all these stats and accolades for the young man but i still always feel like he could do more... or be used more...

Agree, but I think it is a false perception. I mean, I remember thinking of DJ William's big season in 2008, but Henry is set to surpass that by far this season. It felt like DJ Williams made a bigger impact, but quantitatively, Henry has actually had the bigger impact. For me, I know seeing what Jimmy Graham and Gronkowski have done also skews my opinion. However, they are playing over 16 games in a season. Also also, DJ's stats decreased as our receivers got better. He had his biggest year in '08 because Lucas Miller and London Crawford were our older leaders and Childs, Adams, and Wright were all freshies. Also, I think we just weren't used to seeing what a TE could do in the passing game at the time, so DJ really stood out while now, we have seen DJ, Gragg, Derby, and now Henry and Sprinkle, and it doesn't surprise us to see Henry with the stats he has. We expect to see that meaning for him to wow us, he'd have to beat that, even though he has the best stats of any TE in the country.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RazorbackToTheFuture

Let this sink in....he hasn't dropped a pass THIS ENTIRE SEASON.

The third down stats are insane as well.

southeasthog

This award is not for the best TE because Engram from Ole Miss didn't make it. He is clearly the best TE in the SEC as voted on by the media and coaches in their preseason teams. /sarcasm off now. Congrats to Hunter and he should win it.

Chief Mac

Quote from: LZH on November 24, 2015, 09:35:40 pm
I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a defense focus on one player so much, and he still winds up so wide open.

He reminds me of Jason Witten.  Similar build and abilities as well as being the focal point of every defense the Cowboys face
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Jonbo

It seems to me, although I don't watch much NFL or Cowboys for a number of years so can't speak about Witten, that I haven't seen a tight end be as much the focal point of a passing offense (I consider Arkansas lately to be a passing offense) since Kellen Winslow played for the Chargers in the '70's. Hunter Henry is extremely unique IMO. They can't seem to keep the ball out of his hands. Amazingly, Sprinkle's just about as good.

razorbacksnum1

Glad to see HH get the recognition that he deserves. Starts as a true freshman and leads all TEs in the SEC in receiving yards as a true freshman! Last year has another banner year earning All SEC once again and then this year blows it out again. As evidenced by some of the comments even in this thread I truly don't think people realize all that HH has accomplished on the Hill in such a short time.

Hawgndaaz

Is Henry gone after this year for sure?

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: hog13hog on November 25, 2015, 06:20:47 am

WOW!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

gmarv

it has to be hh,s award neither one of the other two can lay claim to anything close to the hunter heave.i don,t think we can truly appreciate hh until hes gone.

dsgreen

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 25, 2015, 08:44:18 am
There is no reason for him to stay unless he wants another chance at a better season at Arkansas.  The guy is for sure a first day pick and will probably be the first tight end taken in the draft.

texas tush hog

yraciv

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 25, 2015, 07:11:42 am
He reminds me of Jason Witten.  Similar build and abilities as well as being the focal point of every defense the Cowboys face

Maybe in Witten's prime. Dallas has Dez these days and Witten though still good is more of an afterthought.  I think Hunter's game compares well to his.

wholehog92

Quote from: Jonbo on November 25, 2015, 07:48:19 am
It seems to me, although I don't watch much NFL or Cowboys for a number of years so can't speak about Witten, that I haven't seen a tight end be as much the focal point of a passing offense (I consider Arkansas lately to be a passing offense) since Kellen Winslow played for the Chargers in the '70's. Hunter Henry is extremely unique IMO. They can't seem to keep the ball out of his hands. Amazingly, Sprinkle's just about as good.

Gronk is pretty prolific in NE and outperforms most WRs as far as a fantasy points system.  Gates was the same way during the prime of his career.

Edit to add:  Hunter is the best TE in the country.  It's not even that close.  I think I griped about him not getting 1st team preseason all SEC or some such preseason.  He's the prototype for the NFL.  If he was my kid, I'd be disappointed if he returned to college.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hog13hog on November 25, 2015, 06:20:47 am

SHHH!!!       ;)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 25, 2015, 08:44:18 am

A friend of mine that claimed to know his family said that Henry would be back next year.  I argued with him because Henry should go in the first 3 rounds for sure.  My friend insisted that Henry would be back though.  I hope he is right but I still don't believe him.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

supersaint

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 25, 2015, 12:57:14 pm
A friend of mine that claimed to know his family said that Henry would be back next year.  I argued with him because Henry should go in the first 3 rounds for sure.  My friend insisted that Henry would be back though.  I hope he is right but I still don't believe him.

I once watched Hunter's dad take a handful of letters from NFL teams out of his mailbox at Walton Hall and throw them all in the trash without even looking at them. It may not have much bearing on Hunter, but his dad could have played in the NFL, but wasn't very interested.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

RME

Quote from: supersaint on November 25, 2015, 02:26:35 pm
I once watched Hunter's dad take a handful of letters from NFL teams out of his mailbox at Walton Hall and throw them all in the trash without even looking at them. It may not have much bearing on Hunter, but his dad could have played in the NFL, but wasn't very interested.

??? Hunter lives in a frat house?!?!

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 25, 2015, 02:36:12 pm

Hunter's Dad, Mark. You know, he played a little ball at Arkansas.

supersaint

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 25, 2015, 02:36:12 pm
The old athletic dorm. My story is about his dad.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ricepig

Quote from: supersaint on November 25, 2015, 03:36:56 pm

Should have said Wilson Sharp, of course, he wouldn't have probably known that, either.

HogFansReunited

I don't know Henry or his family but what my friend was saying makes it sound like he is a lot like his dad.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Bacon_Bitz

RME

Misread your post completely. Swung and missed badly. I'll fall on that one.

IronHog

Quote from: Foshodo on November 25, 2015, 03:33:01 am

1.  He's a true pass catch TE....

2. Having Sprinkle probably reduces his impact somewhat as they share targets.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

bennyl08

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 25, 2015, 04:23:19 pm
Will he stay or go pro?

If he stays there will be trouble, but if he goes it will be double?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

The_Hog_Father

November 25, 2015, 06:45:26 pm #38 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:25:42 pm by Pigs in Zen
Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 25, 2015, 04:40:41 pm
Misread your post completely. Swung and missed badly. I'll fall on that one.

+1

I think HH will be back taking into account his Father saying just that within last couple weeks. :razorback:

hogcam

I've heard he's staying, but I just don't believe it. He wants his degree from the UofA is the reason I was given.. I honestly think he should go pro and make his money, but we will see.

TexomaRazorback

The only reason he doesn't get it is because of his teams record.

Porked Tongue

TexomaRazorback

Don't know what he will choose, but players should go if their stock is high at the end of their Jr year so he should go.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 25, 2015, 07:11:42 am
not quite as big, but definitely faster and more nimble...not the blocker yet but that will come...its an honor to be so closely compared to Jason Witten...that guy, other than Gronk, is THE beast at that position in the NFL
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

MissippHog

Quote from: wholehog92 on November 25, 2015, 09:46:58 am
Gronk is pretty prolific in NE and outperforms most WRs as far as a fantasy points system.  Gates was the same way during the prime of his career.

Edit to add:  Hunter is the best TE in the country.  It's not even that close.  I think I griped about him not getting 1st team preseason all SEC or some such preseason.  He's the prototype for the NFL.  If he was my kid, I'd be disappointed if he returned to college.
I griped about it too, only to have some on here argue that Engram was the better TE.  What a joke.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 25, 2015, 03:44:57 pm
I don't know Henry or his family but what my friend was saying makes it sound like he is a lot like his dad.

I know his family very well and HH will do what is best for him. His dad's past will have no bearing on HH's future. From what I'm told HH will make his decision about pro ball after the season.

IronHog

There just aren't many humans his size with his fluid hips/motor skills and soft hands.

NFL gonna love him.....he's gotta go if he wants to play pro ball.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

TebowHater

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 25, 2015, 12:57:14 pm

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me either, but just watched Sprink's interview and he was very thrown off by the thought of HH not being back...and was like, "Idk if he is coming, but I am pretty sure he's comin back next year"

Around 9:20 mark... http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/its-going-to-be-an-emotional-time-hogs-get-ready-for-senior-day-in-fayetteville

presidenthog

Quote from: yraciv on November 25, 2015, 09:35:53 am
Maybe in Witten's prime. Dallas has Dez these days and Witten though still good is more of an afterthought.  I think Hunter's game compares well to his.
this is beyond true. my brother has him on his fantasy team and screams every day about how they don't use Witten enough. he swears they target him like 4 times a game at most.

presidenthog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 25, 2015, 04:23:19 pm
Will he stay or go pro?
in the video stickied at the top. Mike irwin asks sprinkle about Hunter not being here next year and he said he expected Hunter back next year.